Author Topic: GSP-Hughes UFC 65 Beatdown Video (Link Fixed for Now)  (Read 6882 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: GSP-Hughes UFC 65 Beatdown Video (Link Fixed for Now)
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2006, 11:03:06 AM »
Your bias is insane. No objectivity. Kicking someone twice square in the balls doesn't indicate the degree of delusion confidence that you have. hahaahahahahaha

They weren't square kicks to the balls there, bright spot. They were thigh kicks that slid up the leg. The only part that caught Hughes was GSP's toes, not his entire foot moving with full velocity. Stop making excuses and shut the fuck up. Hughes lost.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2006, 11:05:53 AM »
Dummy, if he really can't aim better after all this time he's an amateur. Of couse they hurt him.

Either way, you're completely biased, groupie!

You still don't get it-unlike you i don't have an emotional stake in who won. I'm seeing this far more objectively that you ever will.  ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2006, 11:07:29 AM »
Dummy, if he really can't aim better after all this time he's an amateur. Of couse they hurt him.

Either way, you're completely biased, groupie!

I'm not a fan of either of them. They're leg kicks, people get hit in the nuts all the time. Do you realize how many knees to the groin they take in the clinch and at other times during the fight. Shit happens, they did not cost him the fight. He came out timid and looked like he wanted no business being in the ring. Get over it.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2006, 11:08:08 AM »
He came out timid and looked like he wanted no business being in the ring.

Which i said earlier in more than one post. That was the biggest difference between them. Get a grip.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2006, 11:10:14 AM »
Which i said earlier in more than one post. That was the biggest difference between them. Get a grip.

Wow, congratulations on stating the obvious which has been mentioned at least 35000 times before your stunning post-fight observation. I'm pointing out the fact that you think the tips of GSP's toes ricocheting into his groin actually played a deciding factor in that fight. You look like a moron saying that.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2006, 11:11:21 AM »
Well genius i didn't see it mentioned and clearly the groupies here didn't fathom it & had to be told. Just do the reading, fool.

Become perceptive.. ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2006, 11:13:30 AM »
Well genius i didn't see it mentioned and clearly the groupies here didn't fathom it & had to be told. Just do the reading, fool.

Become perceptive..

There's no groupies in this thread. I doubt many of these people have seen more than 3 UFC fights in their lifetime. It wasn't pointed out because it played no role in the fight. To top off your astounding observation, Hughes was given as much time as he wanted, so he made the decision himself for when to start the fight again. Your argument holds no water, whatsoever. You can stop acting like you know anything about MMA now.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2006, 11:14:42 AM »
Your name is perfect. "I am invincible" is great too.  ::) Way too much into this to see things clearly.

Common sense doesn't require 35 fights. You're proving it.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2006, 11:18:50 AM »
Hughes said postgame he did not get hit in the groin...

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2006, 11:19:52 AM »
Sure, that's why the ref was all over the other guy and they stopped the fight. hahahahaahahahah

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2006, 11:21:59 AM »
Just stating the facts, bro...he says on TV that the kicks did not affect his groin...unless they digitized it like R Kelly's piss...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2006, 11:39:40 AM »
Just stating the facts, bro...he says on TV that the kicks did not affect his groin...unless they digitized it like R Kelly's piss...

Pumpster is one of the stupidest mother fuckers I've ever seen. I guess he knows better than Matt Hughes himself now? What a retard.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2006, 12:00:16 PM »
Hughes tried to stand and fight with St. Pierre which was a mistake.  Thats the reason for the loss.  Same thing happened when they were standing the 1st fight!

On the ground, its still a tough match for Hughes but it could go either way.  Matt did not try to take him down enough and was content to stand with St. Pierre for too long.  Only one of the leg kicks hit Matt in the groin and I don't believe it had any significant effect on the fight.  Matt reportedly agreed so end of that question.

When they fight again, Matt will have a different strategy.  Any combination of Hughes, St. Pierre and Penn fighting is very exciting.

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:49 PM »
Bottom line. Anyone that thinks they were kicks to the balls has no experience watching fights or is completely blind. Hughes was out-classed this time and got his ass handed to him. The best part of all was his cockiness in the first round, and then the Nice French Canadian boy ROCKING THE SHIT outta him.

Now, haters and flamers can continue to talk shit about GSP and Canada, but it's only stemming from ignorance and the fact that you probably rode Hughes nuts beforehand, told all your buddies he was gonna cruch GSP and now you're sitting there going "holy fuck, the frog actually won..."

Thank you...and goodnight.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2006, 12:04:40 PM »
Bottom line. Anyone that thinks they were kicks to the balls has no experience watching fights or is completely blind. Hughes was out-classed this time and got his ass handed to him. The best part of all was his cockiness in the first round, and then the Nice French Canadian boy ROCKING THE SHIT outta him.

Now, haters and flamers can continue to talk shit about GSP and Canada, but it's only stemming from ignorance and the fact that you probably rode Hughes nuts beforehand, told all your buddies he was gonna cruch GSP and now you're sitting there going "holy f**k, the frog actually won..."

Thank you...and goodnight.

This is exactly what I'm saying. The majority of the people defending Hughes in this thread have absolutely no experience with anything regarding MMA. Plain and simple. They just prove it with every moronic post they make ala Pumpster and Onlyme.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2006, 12:07:15 PM »
I'm just happy Bezerk is not attacking me anymore.  He scares me.  The worst thing is a 130 lb guy behind a computer being mean.  You know he has a stash of viruses in his computer to throw out at you.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2006, 12:08:12 PM »
I'm just happy Bezerk is not attacking me anymore.  He scares me.  The worst thing is a 130 lb guy behind a computer being mean.  You know he has a stash of viruses in his computer to throw out at you.

Still upset that I made you look like a tool with absolutely no knowledge regarding anything MMA? Get over it, you don't know everything.

I'm 115 pounds by the way, in honor of the great Chadwick Mower I have shaped my physique after his.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2006, 01:12:40 PM »
I bet alot of you fat shits reading this right now would sleep with steve blechman to have the 169 lb physique that St. Pierre has... ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »
The name berzerkfury kinda explains a lot. Go get em keyboard warrior!  ::)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2006, 01:19:47 PM »
Just to chime in and add my 2 cents.. those thigh kicks wouldn't have had any impact even if they had hit Hughes groin dead on.. have you seen the size of the cups they wear in MMA !??! if anything it would have hurt GSP's foot

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »
Just to chime in and add my 2 cents.. those thigh kicks wouldn't have had any impact even if they had hit Hughes groin dead on.. have you seen the size of the cups they wear in MMA !??! if anything it would have hurt GSP's foot

Must be why he doubled over in pain and they stopped the fight for a few minutes with the ref shouting at the other guy for what he did... ::)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »
Why would you punch a guy in the face at the drop of a hat?  Are you in the Hell's Angel's or something...If anything, alot of fans are macho retards that shadow box in the gym...I'll admit that.  But it's entertaining as all hell...Have you watched that clip?  I don't find anything too homosexual about two guys fighting...

Its far more "real" than a sport like boxing.  Boxing allows people to take way more blows than they'd be able to bare knuckled.  Even though they don't get knocked out in boxing, they're still absorbing the momentum of the blow. MMA shows you that when you're in a real fight you're not gonna be able to take too many vicious strikes

That's exactly why I like boxing.

I don't see anything exciting, cool or fun about seeing a man knocked senseless standing up then pounced on and elbowed in the face till he's limp and knocked out. It's mindless violence no matter how much wrestling, martial arts or whatever discipline you want to put in there.
$

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2006, 01:51:37 PM »
Must be why he doubled over in pain and they stopped the fight for a few minutes with the ref shouting at the other guy for what he did... ::)

That would be called acting and exaggerating, gross exaggerating on Matt's part

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2006, 01:54:03 PM »
Here.. just to clarify,  that thing is made either from reinforced fiberglass or some amalgamation of hard plastics.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2006, 02:05:10 PM »
That's exactly why I like boxing.

I don't see anything exciting, cool or fun about seeing a man knocked senseless standing up then pounced on and elbowed in the face till he's limp and knocked out. It's mindless violence no matter how much wrestling, martial arts or whatever discipline you want to put in there.

By that logic your ultimate form of combat would be two guys slugging it out in a pillow fight...to each his own I guess...