Author Topic: Question for all  (Read 3261 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Question for all
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 12:24:47 PM »
Isn't it a true definition of insecurity to try to get others to "meltdown" over the internet and be proud of it??? LoL...I am not trying to offend ya Bro, but that is a true definition lol...
most of the time i'm doing it to prove a point about how mentally weak and unstable these guys are, can you imagine John Grimek, Steve Reeves, Clancy Ross, Arnold, Sergio or any of the past greats going insane over one little comment? of course not, that's because they didn't rely 100 percent on drugs and other "goodies" to build their physiques and they were mentally healthier because of it.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »
anything for the Sandow, by any fcuking means necessary ;D ;D, even it destroys us, at least we know we're going to hell in styles ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 12:28:40 PM »
most of the time i'm doing it to prove a point about how mentally weak and unstable these guys are, can you imagine John Grimek, Steve Reeves, Clancy Ross, Arnold, Sergio or any of the past greats going insane over one little comment? of course not, that's because they didn't rely 100 percent on drugs and other "goodies" to build their physiques and they were mentally healthier because of it.

And who are you proving your point to??? And if you say everyone or the pros, what makes you think they wanted to know what your point was in the first place???....I am only trying to get to the bottom of why you really feel the need to make your points LoL....
Watching The Haters

body88

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
Back in  the days of Arnold and co they seemed to train for the love of it. Had physical health in mind. Spent alot of time outside. Seemed to blend into the normal population. In PI you see Robbie and Waller out tossing the football around to warm up. I could never see Ronnie and Jay waddling out and tossing a ball around for a few hours.

They where laid back. Looked great. Lived the lifestyle but also worked hard for a living.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 12:31:31 PM »
Back in  the days of Arnold and co they seemed to train for the love of it. Had physical health in mind. Spent alot of time outside. Seemed to blend into the normal population. In PI you see Robbie and Waller out tossing the football around to warm up. I could never see Ronnie and Jay waddling out and tossing a ball around for a few hours.
exactly, Robbie and Waller looked incredible in that scene, huge but not so much that it's just ridiculous.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 12:32:35 PM »
exactly, Robbie and Waller looked incredible in that scene, huge but not so much that it's just ridiculous.

I was just messin with ya earlier Bro LoL...At least you make points unlike Alexx and Shadow lol.....
Watching The Haters

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 12:34:31 PM »
And who are you proving your point to??? And if you say everyone or the pros, what makes you think they wanted to know what your point was in the first place???....I am only trying to get to the bottom of why you really feel the need to make your points LoL....
everyone has a right to there point of view good or bad,if hes trying to make a valid point without being an ass let it slide.sars in my opinion he does make valid points when hes serious about a topic..
p

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 12:35:25 PM »

My question is, is bodybuilding such a mess due to the drug abuse and obsessive mentality it promots?

Yes. Absolute yes.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 12:36:26 PM »
everyone has a right to there point of view good or bad,if hes trying to make a valid point without being an ass let it slide.sars in my opinion he does make valid points when hes serious about a topic..

See post above yours LoL...
Watching The Haters

body88

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 12:38:21 PM »

I always forget to mention Waller when I talk about what I think to be the perfect physique.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 12:43:32 PM »
I think big lou had allot of insecurities but it wasn't because of drug use,listen i believe we all have hang ups as regular guys who train,but we dont take it over the limit of self destruction,Even some pros are level headed the same could be said for most things football, baseball,a pro ball player wants to be better ''fix'' drugs same with football.The only difference is with bb its excessive..

The real question is do we all turn to bb and or drugs because of our insecurities,Then does it manifest into something even worse..
p

body88

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »
I think big lou had allot of insecurities but it wasn't because of drug use,listen i believe we all have hang ups as regular guys who train,but we dont take it over the limit of self destruction,Even some pros are level headed the same could be said for most things football, baseball,a pro ball player wants to be better ''fix'' drugs same with football.The only difference is with bb its excessive..

The real question is do we all turn to bb and or drugs because of our insecurities,Then does it manifest into something even worse..

A guy like Prince just cannot be all there. To drive yourself to kidney failure then to try to compete again is insanity.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 12:48:21 PM »

A guy like Prince just cannot be all there. To drive yourself to kidney failure then to try to compete again is insanity.

The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...
Watching The Haters

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 12:49:24 PM »
I'm not insecure. 8)

Am I? ??? ??? ???

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 12:51:21 PM »
I'm not insecure. 8)

Am I? ??? ??? ???

haha, no problem, just up the dosage!

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 12:54:04 PM »
I'm not insecure. 8)

Am I? ??? ??? ???
put it this way if everyone around you tells you your big and when you look in the mirror and you see screech from saved by the bell...

You have a problem..
p

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2006, 12:56:20 PM »
put it this way if everyone around you tells you your big and when you look in the mirror and you see screech from saved by the bell...

You have a problem..

Hahaha...Good description and oh so true for many guys lol....
Watching The Haters

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 12:59:42 PM »
Ya true.  Why does this happen though?

Some form of mental illness coming to surface...Why do you think cosmetic surgery is ever increasing??? Now if that doesn't show insecurities I don't know what does....
Watching The Haters

body88

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 01:00:55 PM »
Ya true.  Why does this happen though?

Or if you read on the internet you are distorting your body then pass it off like it is nothing, or rumors. It is not like we are just saying it to be dicks to these guys.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2006, 01:03:50 PM »
Can the problems of bodybuilding be explained by hormones and insecurity? Most all these guys have test levels 500 times greater than your average 16 year old.Hell they act like they are 16 most of the time. Also some have mental issues to put themselves through the massive drug use and diuretic use for nothing.

Bodybuilding always lends itself to obsessive compulsive people who notice every tiny detail and imperfection. Who will take it to any level to "fix" a problem.

My question is, is bodybuilding such a mess due to the drug abuse and obsessive mentality it promots?

You know, there is a section for Titus related subjects elsewhere on this site...

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2006, 01:57:20 PM »
It seems to me to be like anorexia.  Poor self image.   You think there is an ideal out there.  And you will "hurt" yourself to become it.  But there isn't an ideal outside of your imagination.  Even the greats had flaws. 

I got into BB because I had to lose a lot of weight.  As I was doing it I started to notice some cuts in my arms and legs.  This led me to want to experiment with really changing my physique.  If I can get myself into good enough shape to step onstage once then I will have accomplished what I wanted.  At that point I can maintain it and go on with other things in life like starting a family, etc.

I think obsession and drive can lead to a great many things as can competition.  But I think when the drive gets in the way of what you're promoting you've got problems.

In my opinion having a "drug free" world class physique should be about healthy living.  Showing the world what exercise, diet and determination can do.  Exalting the beauty of the human body with its size and lines.  Muscularity signals healthyness on a genetic level with both sexes.  Bad posture,  bad skin and bad attitude tend to signal weakness and unhealthiness which puts us off reproducing with them.  Just the biology of it.  So to strive to present and be healthy and vigorous, I feel, is a noble one.   But is that what Pro BB is?  What values to Pro BB'ers present?  What does the idea of 'whatever it takes' really mean and translate to?  Are we not seeing how modern PRo BB has been distanced from the 'mainstream'  world?

Other sports:
When I see guys like TO in football it makes me sick.  To have such phenomenal talent at something and a poor attitude kills me.  And I think it distorts what should be the message of games; skill, drive, courage, teamwork and SPORTSMANSHIP!  The fundementals of competition is one of the biggest lesson a human can learn.  To give it a positive imprint can have huge sociological consequences later...as can negative imprints.  Another example of the drive distorting the end product.  I think its endemic of American culture which seems to strive to create "icons" that are so far from what the average person can achieve that it reinforces the feeling that they should just stay home, watch TV, get fat, take this or that medicine, pay your taxes, do as your told.  This seems to me to be where we want the American ruling class wants them to be...and where they appear to be.

If we had "icons" that stressed the fundementals of whatever profession they choose, you might see people getting more motivated about life in general.  That motivation might make them more "secure" with themselves and lessen the self-destructive behavior that seems to be the norm, these days.
Isn't that what we really look for in a leader?

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse