Author Topic: The freakiest deadlift in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4653 times)

affy

Re: The freakiest deadlift in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 09:50:40 AM »
i guess the reason his bench numbers arn't that high is because he doesn't arc like the other powerlifters.  With to me is more legit in terms of raw power...arcing to the point that the lift turns out to be a decline press is just retarded

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 10:05:57 AM »
Vince Anello did 821 at 198 lb. He also claims to have done 880 in training. :o
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 10:35:17 AM »
Franco columbu pulled 750 raw at 185bls.
Thats pretty fucking strong also
Yes!!!!
S

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »
Vince Anello did 821 at 198 lb. He also claims to have done 880 in training. :o

lol.....look at that kid in the background to the right ;D ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 12:05:24 PM »
i guess the reason his bench numbers arn't that high is because he doesn't arc like the other powerlifters.  With to me is more legit in terms of raw power...arcing to the point that the lift turns out to be a decline press is just retarded

not true. glen chabot had an easy touch and go with 675 with no arch. james henderson had the raw bench record at over 700 with no real arch (though he weighed an easy 400 pounds). some guys bench flat backed, some dont.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 03:41:46 PM »
The difference in benching and deadlifting may have something to do with the length of the arms.
Long armed people are good at deadlifting, while long arms aren't of benefit to people bench pressing.
Then again, if Ed says it's the squat putting pressure on the shoulders, I'd believe that too.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 02:19:14 AM »
Keeley Hazel - shes a glamour model here in the UK. Stunning from head to toe, as readers of Nuts can testify!  ;D

http://www.keeley-hazell.net/main.php
a fine piece of ass my good man ;D

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:23:58 PM »
Now, now...nobody is questoning the fact that Ed Coan is/was a fabulous deadlifter.

However, THE greatest deadlifter of ALL-TIME pound-for-pound was Bob Peoples, who officially pulled 725+ lbs. at a bwt. of only 189 lbs. way back in 1949...TOTALLY DRUG-FREE and wearing ONLY a 4-in. wide single-ply lifting belt (see photo below)!!!

To try and compare Bob Peoples with Ed Coan is like trying to compare apples with oranges!

To try and level the playing-field, stuff Bob Peoples with a bunch of anabolic-andogenic drugs (adds about a 33% increase in poundage) and ALSO add a multi-ply deadlift suit and thick/wide multi-ply lifting belt (add another 50-100 lbs.) like Ed Coan's UNFAIR advantages, and Bob Peoples would DEFINITELY have deadlifted more than 901 lbs., STILL while weighing only 189 lbs.

For example, 725 lbs. + (725 lbs. times 33%) + [add another 50 lbs. for a mulit-ply deadlift suit (at least!)] = 1014 lbs. for Bob Peoples (VERY conservatively!)...which would be THE greatest deadlift of all-time REGARDLESS OF BWT. ...even exceeding Andy Bolton's recent fabulous 1003 lbs.!!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 05:05:43 PM »
Errrrr, Coan doesn't use a deadlift suit. 

Peoples was amazing but so is Coan.  I would put them on par with each other in the deadlift category.
w