Author Topic: Getbig's biggest liars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 34529 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Getbig's biggest liars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2006, 10:30:41 AM »
so many to list, lots of good ones in here so far. sarcasm's various claims such as being able to duplicate the casey viator leg workout are usually a source of hilarity.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2006, 10:31:34 AM »
wow! how come you can only do the 65's now ;D
for 10 reps though, pre exhausted with side laterals with the 20's  :o
follow the arrows

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2006, 10:54:26 AM »
Waht about jaejjonas bent over rows with 315 for 10 reps?

Well I don’t know anything about jaejjonas but 315 for 10 is believable since I know I seen it plenty of times in the gym and I personally did bent over rows with 365 for 8 reps when I trained with Samir Bannout (Samir and Steve White were standing there and pushing me and both did there’s with 405) and again when I was training user Rory’s guidance. I remember being completely stuck at bent rows with 205 pounds a year prior to that when I was in Rochester. When I read about guys doing 315 and 405 I thought it was complete bs. When I hit Venice I saw the barbarians, Samir and a half a dozen guys do it so then I realized it was possible. I year later I did the 365 for 8. My back exploded with growth.
I also remember hitting squats with 455 for 8 deep reps. Certainly NOT World record breaking poundage’s. When I set the bar down Bob Robert Jodkiewicz walked over and told me that those were about the most perfect form squats he’d ever seen especially considering that my stance was a bodybuilder stance (about 12 inches apart) rather than a powerlifter stance. I always figured it was better to have great form and proper stance than just weight for the sake of weight. And do I even need to mention all the guys you see bouncing the bar off their chests like a shock absorber when benching?    

I believe I-ones 535 bench because when I met him he has very good triceps and Rory’s guys all trained VERY heavy.

What kills me on here is people making fun of video clips etc. of people using fairly respectable poundage’s in training. Like they could do a lot more. Funny that I seldom see THAT many guys in all the gyms I’ve trained in capable of handling more than the  poundage’s people on here regularly make fun of.

Another factor I guess it’s because I know the difference between training with 1 minute to 90 seconds rest between sets and training with 3 to 4 minutes between sets. Most guys today would last half way through a workout training with the short rest periods we used in the eighties.    
and keep moving!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »
Well I don’t know anything about jaejjonas but 315 for 10 is believable

Jaejonna weighs about 175 pounds at 5'10".
The House that Ruth built

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2006, 11:15:40 AM »
there have been some doozies but here are some of the most memorable, Mindspin incline pressing the 150lb. dumbells, Mr. Intenseone benching 500lbs., Mesomorph benching 405 for 2 and having 18 3/4 inch arms at 190, Texas Rush benching 405, Mindspin making 7 figures per year, Dan18 benching 405 for 3, GetitonNY benching 500 and having 20 inch arms totally natural, i'll think of some more as the morning progresses but chime in with some of yours.
you are a silly fool know that...
405 1 rep...
which i clearly stated i didnt count because my bar was touched....
and i said my arms were a shade under 19 inches....
you even made a thread about it....
...dont try to embelish what i said i have no need to i am very comfortable with what i have accomplished...
..go and find the thread ...
choice is an illusion

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2006, 11:19:49 AM »
Kinda off topic, but this paragraph got me wondering. A lot of the ironagers speak of the 80's (70's,60's, pick your era) as some mystical magical era of bodybuilding wonder.

The way you write: "Most guys today would last half way through a workout training with the short rest periods we used in the eighties." sounds like a brag/insult -- how it was the most awesome way to train and you'd be lucky if you could train like that because now days everyone is weak in both mind and body.

And your wording infers that you don't train like that anymore.

So, if it was such da-bomb way to train, why did you stop? Why did everyone stop?

This is not pointed specifically at you, but at all ironagers who constantly refer to the "good old ages". Why not just revert back to those good old days if they were actually better training methods?

My guess is that they were not better training methods. But, rather, some of the older guys feel nostalgic.

Well I too refer to that era since that when I was at my peak.  And I think I can answer this quetion and basically it comes down to I am not competing anymore.  I don't have aything to prove and I don't have nothing shoot for.  Back then it was to win a world championship.  Nowadays it's just to get back into shape andfor others its just to stay in shape.  And also, maybe age comes into play.  Training on the minute takes allot fo energy and stamina.  SOmething nowadays at least for me is far gone.  Also, back then we didn't have allot of the equipment available today including the drugs.  Back then you had train.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2006, 11:24:50 AM »
Well I too refer to that era since that when I was at my peak.  And I think I can answer this quetion and basically it comes down to I am not competing anymore.  I don't have aything to prove and I don't have nothing shoot for.  Back then it was to win a world championship.  Nowadays it's just to get back into shape andfor others its just to stay in shape.  And also, maybe age comes into play.  Training on the minute takes allot fo energy and stamina.  SOmething nowadays at least for me is far gone.  Also, back then we didn't have allot of the equipment available today including the drugs.  Back then you had train.

i think you're being a little unfair to today's guys. sure there are some lazy asses, but there were lazy asses back then as well. it's insulting to the top tier guys today to suggest that they didn't work as hard to get what they did.

but your other point seems to be the real answer. a lot of the ironagers are older themselves. so they were at the top of their game during that time and with the training methods of the era. people peaking today will look in the mid 2000s as the best time. everyone thinks their peak era was the best.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2006, 11:25:39 AM »
There..... i found the thread and what i said
thread link
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=67368.0

havent benched since i last tried... i did try 405.... but i got stuck just on lock out so the huy touched my bar.. so i dont count that as a rep... been pluggin it away at the dumbells..i'll get it soon...
i think 200 are ok.. but not as spectacular or out of the reach of gym lifters other than pros...
eddie robinson was sayin snot was hangin rom his nose when he did the 200lbs...
 Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin
I HAVE NEVR claimed to bench 405.... legitimately
...find a thread and quote me sayin so

choice is an illusion

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2006, 11:31:17 AM »
Most of these guys who claim they can use huge poundages on the bent-over row are probably not pulling the weight off the ground, and are probably not bending over. John Kuc used around 405 lb on the bent over row, and he could deadlift near 900.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stavios

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2006, 11:39:19 AM »
Most of these guys who claim they can use huge poundages on the bent-over row are probably not pulling the weight off the ground, and are probably not bending over. John Kuc used around 405 lb on the bent over row, and he could deadlift near 900.

exactly

there is no fucking way Jaejonna could bent-over row 315 if his upper body was almost parallel to the floor

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2006, 11:55:51 AM »
Kinda off topic, but this paragraph got me wondering. A lot of the ironagers speak of the 80's (70's,60's, pick your era) as some mystical magical era of bodybuilding wonder.

The way you write: "Most guys today would last half way through a workout training with the short rest periods we used in the eighties." sounds like a brag/insult -- how it was the most awesome way to train and you'd be lucky if you could train like that because now days everyone is weak in both mind and body.

So, if it was such da-bomb way to train, why did you stop? Why did everyone stop?

This is not pointed specifically at you, but at all ironagers who constantly refer to the "good old ages". Why not just revert back to those good old days if they were actually better training methods?

My guess is that they were not better training methods. But, rather, some of the older guys feel nostalgic.

Garreth, I'll answer this one by one and I've gone over this a million times.

1. David is IMO, is 100% correct in saying that most wouldn't be able to keep up with the intensity of the guys from the 70's and 80's, the magazines want to have people believe that training less (HIT for example) is the way to go like it's somekind of scientific revelation to get you big......it's BULLSHIT and that's probably the main reason "why no one does it anymore", if a person is doing 2 exercises per bodypart and doing 6-8 reps and resting 3-4mins between sets, how in the HELL can he keep up with someone doing 4-5 exercises per bodypart, 10-15 reps and resting 30 to 60 and at the most 90 secs between sets??

2. We stopped because we don't compete anymore and when I do train that way of training is the way I train, and as I get older it becomes much harder!

3. FYI, it looks like times are changing, because more and more people are reverting back to the old ways of training....why?  Because it works!

4. I can't think think of one person that's a pro today that could keep up with the intensity of guys like Arnold, Franco, Platz or ANYONE from that era and if I can be a little scientific, it boils down to "muscle endurance"....the "new ways" of training have ruined that for alot of people!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2006, 12:06:35 PM »

I think it was around the mid-nineties (don’t quote me on the exact time frame) several writers including guys that wrote for Bill Phillips started touting the longer rest periods for size training. The short rest workouts became a forgotten method. Yes you can handle more weight and yes you can perform better INITIALLY on the individual sets. But in my opinion you loose that “training over your head” factor that has you pushing like mad just to keep up for the entire workout. It’s like your running a wind sprints and starting the next one before your fully recovered from the last one. When you’re done, you know you’ve put it all on the table.

I DO still train like that but occasionally I have experimented with the longer rest period workouts. I always end up loosing ground. Of course I can’t perform like I did in 1981. Christ I’ll be 52 next week. I still get my best workouts and results when I train fast and with volume.

Bottom line I’ve tied the “new way” and it feels lazy. I always go back to my old school ways. Nostalgia? Hey could be. I wasn’t putting today’s guys down I just don’t think they’ve had the chance to experience the type of training I’m talking about because it’s not what’s being published or advocated in the magazines and on the message boards.      
and keep moving!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2006, 12:14:23 PM »

4. I can't think think of one person that's a pro today that could keep up with the intensity of guys like Arnold, Franco, Platz or ANYONE from that era and if I can be a little scientific, it boils down to "muscle endurance"....the "new ways" of training have ruined that for alot of people!

and the guys now are bigger, fuller, and have better conditioning than anyone in arnold's day. you folks seem to want to blame it all on drugs, as if the drugs are so much better now that they're getting better despite having bad training and that's just plain ridiculous.

the super-intensity of arnold and the boys was admirable because of how much guts it took, but it wasn't the best way to build your body up.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2006, 12:24:38 PM »
Biggest lie ever:

Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2006, 12:27:14 PM »
you folks seem to want to blame it all on drugs, as if the drugs are so much better now that they're getting better despite having bad training and that's just plain ridiculous.

Show me evidence that proves otherwise!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2006, 12:28:19 PM »
Biggest lie ever:

Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

I refuse to comment on such ignorance!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »
I was on, but not much, I used a belt but no suit, I never got that much into powerlifting so I never invested in a power suit, that lift was in the 181lb class!
hahahahaha, this is the biggest bullshit claim i've ever heard, 535 at 181 with no shirt would make you one of the best benchers of all time, you're lying your ass off.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »
hahahahaha, this is the biggest bullshit claim i've ever heard, 535 at 181 with no shirt would make you one of the best benchers of all time, you're lying your ass off.

BLOW ME

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2006, 12:31:11 PM »
Only the second topic ever- next to bb'ing not being a sport- that I agree with intenseone on! Monster 65lb seated db presses!!
follow the arrows

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »
I refuse to comment on such ignorance!

YOU JUST DID. hahahaha  I knew you couldn't resist.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2006, 12:33:09 PM »
BLOW ME
let's see the picture of you benching 535 at 181.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2006, 12:33:21 PM »
Only the second topic ever- next to bb'ing not being a sport- that I agree with intenseone on! Monster 65lb seated db presses!!

Other than kendergarden, I've never seen so many people who can't count in all my life!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »
Biggest lie ever:

BIGGEST LIE EVER:

The Santa Claus Conspiracy

Some kid named Johnny said there's no such thing as Santa.

What an idiot.  He's a fucking conspiracy nut.  Of course there's a santa.  Who do you think puts all those presents there?  If it was an "inside job" and your own parents did it, you would know.  They couldn't hide something as obvious as 20 presents.  And what about the cookies and milk?  Who drank that?  And if Santa was fake, why is he all over TV?  It's not like television would propagate some lie.   I see him in magazines, books, etc.  He's everywhere!

Yeah, that little Johnny with the Santa Claus conspiracy is a real wackjob.  What a tool.  He's anti-Christmas, that's what he is!  Of course there's a santa.

Well, it turns out Johnny told 5 kids in class today about his theory.  They went home and found closets full of presents.  Now THEY are crazy too.  They say there's no santa, and they're telling all their friends.  Those kids are idiots!!  They're stupid. I don't know what's in their closets, and I don't wanna know.  There is a Santa.

Today, some middle schoolers tried to show us some science numbers that if santa was real, the speed of delivering presents to every home in the world is absolutely impossible.  What the hell is wrong with them? He is very smart and works fast!  No, they say, mathematically, that many homes in 24 hours would physically disintegrate Santa.  Bullshit!  Santa has a way, I just don't understand it.  But he's real, you uneducated fools!  He's very real.

You anti-Christmas idiots are destroying the holiday!  This one idiot kid... not only does he say there's not santa, but he's also doubting the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy!  This kid is insane!  He says he's researched it, and there are millions of more educated middle schoolers, high schoolers, and even adults who know the truth.  Bullshit!  Those baskets don't come from thin air!  And I KNOW that no one came into my room and switched my tooth for a dollar.  I stayed up very late, and my parents said they didn't hear anyone at all.

So stop it.  Stop the conspiracy nonsense.  Santa is real.  I've known it for the last 5 years, so I know it's true.  You guys are ruining Christmas with your lies.  Thank you.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2006, 12:34:53 PM »
let's see the picture of you benching 535 at 181.

Yea, I'll just pull it out of my ass after 20 years.....go away noob!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »
heh, funny that you should answer onlyme. You're bout the only "ironager" who doesn't "go off" constantly about how it was a better time.

People like Old_Rooster, Richard90210, Howard, Vince B., etc. come across as uber cocky, lecturing old fogies.

Well I don't know if it was better but it was defintely different and what I grew up with.  The biggest thing that I notice diffrently from then and now is that back then you could ask anyone for help and you almost 100% of the time got it, and it was free.  There were no personal trainers.  You could walk up to Arnold or Louie or anyone and ask them how to do something and they would show you and all of a sudden you are training with them.  I think the comraderie was much better back then.  And of course the equipment back then was very basic.  No plate loaded like Hammer around.  I think there are things from back then that were awesome and I think there are things from today that are awesome. Of course I miss the days back then cause thats when I was at my best.  And the younger guys today are going to be saying the same thing in 20 years.