Author Topic: Taking a girl out for the first time???  (Read 4678 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Taking a girl out for the first time???
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 01:45:25 PM »
I havn't been on a "date" for a long time. I'm gona meet up with this girl I met at a club. Any ideas? I was maybe just thinking I might invite her over to watch a dvd  ;)

Just because it's a date doesn't mean it has to be traditional.

Think outside the box.

Get to know her first before you worry about time investment and proper dating.

Hang out with her first in a casual way.

Pool, movies, hiking.....whatever it is that you both find common enjoyment in.

If you find that it's progressing, then you can move on to dinner and inviting her over to your place.

I think people jump the gun in these situations and it ends badly due to unrealistic expectations.

Obviously, if you are interested in her and she you, there is some mutual attraction.

Take it for what it is and let it develop.

It's just life......nothing more.

In "sheep terms", you want to let her hand-feed you before she'll be comfortable stroking your wool. 

Understand?

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 02:23:08 PM »
Haha cheers div  ;D
Appreciate you putting it in a way I could understand!

I hear what your sayin', I don't think there's any reason to stress over these things.... If it's all good then cool, if it aint then move on.
Just been out of the game a while so I thought i'd see what kids these days were doin for fun.
P

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 05:02:32 AM »
Just because it's a date doesn't mean it has to be traditional.

Think outside the box.

Get to know her first before you worry about time investment and proper dating.

Hang out with her first in a casual way.

Pool, movies, hiking.....whatever it is that you both find common enjoyment in.

If you find that it's progressing, then you can move on to dinner and inviting her over to your place.

I think people jump the gun in these situations and it ends badly due to unrealistic expectations.

Obviously, if you are interested in her and she you, there is some mutual attraction.

Take it for what it is and let it develop.

It's just life......nothing more.

In "sheep terms", you want to let her hand-feed you before she'll be comfortable stroking your wool. 

Understand?

DIV
Love the "sheep terms" Div. Very well put.  :)

PB

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 11:06:22 AM »
I guess it also depends where you are. If you live in a big city, going hiking could mean spending three hours in a car both ways, which is probably six hours longer than you want to be with a new person, unless you really hit it off and don't want to leave the person.  :) Also, climate doesn't always make pool an option, sadly... same with a variety of other outdoor activities. Sometimes you luck out and can do something like tennis, or train together etc. If those are options, then great.  If not, you're stuck with getting together for dinner, movies, etc...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 12:58:07 PM »
Toxy, I think he said he's interested in more than just a one-night thing.

Also, it's not a great idea for women to bring strange men to their homes.  I got this from a cop I knew, and it makes sense.  Men will be less likely to commit violent acts or rape or murder in their own homes because it can be traced too easily, and the body is hard to get rid of, etc.  They'll usually prefer to do these at a woman's house where they can just disappear afterward. It's not a good idea to bring a guy to your house if you don't know him.

good lord woman...what kinda men do ya date ???   i always go to the girls house....but then again most people end up being comfy around me...kinda like they've known me ages :)

only girlfriends get to come to my place..
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 01:16:41 PM »
good lord woman...what kinda men do ya date ???   i always go to the girls house....but then again most people end up being comfy around me...kinda like they've known me ages :)
only girlfriends get to come to my place..

LOL! Well, I never dated tons of people... I prefer the looking across the room and meeting someone's eyes and just knowing, strategy.  Besides when you date a bunch of people you have to juggle them, then you have to decide which one you want to sleep with, and if you don't really want to sleep with any of them, you have to do the fending off thing... ech too complicated. I was making a general statement... a cop friend told me the statistics once, so I just always pass on the info to women if the subject comes up.  Oh and btw, guys always say they prefer to go to a girl's house so they can leave when they want... well, truth is, men are just as hard to get out of the house. They want to hang around and have breakfast, etc... it's an urban legend that guys leave right after the fun.  ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2006, 01:26:43 PM »
nu uh...i haul ass and usually end up back at my bar after i leave...unless its late..but i NEED the sound of an AC and a fan to be able to sleep...i HATE staying over...and only way i will is if i really like her..in which case inside i'm usually thinking " do i have an extra bottle of afrin in my car" (cant breath without it)...does she have a stand fan someplace she'll be willing to put in her room...does she expect me to spoon all nite (my arm always falls asleep >:( )

no..but seriously..i usually only wanna stay with her after sex is when i really do like her..otherwise i cant wait to get out..and am usually running an inside clock to wait/cuddle long enough to be polite... :-\

if u have had opposite experiences...then u r prolly a good looking gal :)
carpe` vaginum!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2006, 04:15:40 PM »
Love the "sheep terms" Div. Very well put.  :)

What can I say, bro?

People relate in different ways.

Some of us are sheep, while others of us are carnivores.

If he's truly as gentle as a sheep, he'll have no problem making a woman at ease and eventually she WILL be stroking his wool.

LOL! Well, I never dated tons of people... I prefer the looking across the room and meeting someone's eyes and just knowing, strategy.  Besides when you date a bunch of people you have to juggle them, then you have to decide which one you want to sleep with, and if you don't really want to sleep with any of them, you have to do the fending off thing... ech too complicated. I was making a general statement... a cop friend told me the statistics once, so I just always pass on the info to women if the subject comes up.  Oh and btw, guys always say they prefer to go to a girl's house so they can leave when they want... well, truth is, men are just as hard to get out of the house. They want to hang around and have breakfast, etc... it's an urban legend that guys leave right after the fun.  ;)

I'm also not the type to date a bunch of people at the same time.  I know within the first meeting what the possibility is of anything developing.....friendshi p, FWB or LTR.  I also don't go over to a woman's pad or invite her over to mine until after several dates, meetings.  I suppose you could say I'm an exclusive type person.  There isn't really a gray area with me in terms of relationships.  I am honest and I let a woman know where she stands with me.  If I see after meeting that there are differences that preclude a LTR, but there is still physical attraction, I might consider a FWB situation.  Most women aren't mature enough for something like that.  If there's a mental connection but no physical chemistry, a friendship is possible.

One thing I cannot do, however, is be strictly platonic with someone I have a physical attraction to.  It never works and I won't even go there now.

It's sad in a way, but I know myself well enough to know that a conflict of interests never works out in my favor as it pertains to women.

If I can't look at her without picturing her naked on all fours from the back ass up, then a friendship isn't in the cards.

DIV

I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2006, 06:38:06 PM »
just don't brag about your rapist wit  ;)
RIP Bob Probert