Author Topic: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with it?  (Read 45829 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
It was obviously a fucking joke, so fucking get over it already.  ::)

I don't like double standards either, but it was clearly a joke.

body88

So you think this qoute would be a joke to the black community huh? If Thiesmen made this comment on national tv do you think blacks would think it was "funny". They would just get over it huh?  ::)

Vince young doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Tony said of Young. "But he is. He is, smart man. I don't know if some white man was down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran out to the burbs or something went down to make him that smart ."

He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down." 

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
So you think this would be a joke to the black community huh? Would they think he was just "joking" if Thiesmen said this?

Vince young doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Tony said of Young. "But he is. He is, smart man. I don't know if some white man was down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran out to the burbs or something went down to make him that smart ."

He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down." 

STOP FUCKING REPEATING THE SAME GOD DAMN THING IN EVERY FUCKING POST ASSHOLE, WE FUCKING HEARD YOU THE FIRST GOD DAMN TIME. >:( >:( >:( :o :o :o ;D
I

body88

No, it was a question no African American person or poster defending Irvin would touch. Because it shows the hypocrisy of defending him. If you do not like it go post somewhere else.

Btw, last time I checked you come into a debate with your best material. That qoute is pretty damn good material for this argument. Why dont you relax?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with i
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2006, 01:06:15 PM »
It was obviously a fucking joke, so fucking get over it already.  ::)

I don't like double standards either, but it was clearly a joke.

Isn't islam based on double standards? ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
Besides tre, who has whinned about racism before. Yet he claims Irvin's comments are "no big deal". Monster hypocrisy / bullshit statement.

If a white announcer ever made that comment I posted above there would be hell to pay.

Well, Bostonian, that's a double standard that we must live with. I don't think Irvin had any malicious intent nor was he trying to offend white people.

Tre can't be taken seriously. He's the dumbass that claims muslims shouldn't be allowed on planes, yet doesn't see the injustice in this remarks. He's a black man that plays the race card, so that tells you a lot about his character and lack of understanding.

body88

Well I think that is crap. Double standards suck.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
Re: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with i
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2006, 01:14:30 PM »
Isn't islam based on double standards? ???

It certainly is. When have you heard me say that it isn't? And you'll never reply to this post without assigning me a religion or making racial slurs.

You should retire from this forum seeing as you can't argue straight points without diverting from the topic at hand. Someone makes a point that counters you, you just hurl some insult or end up not replying.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Mohammad Ali's grandparents didn't GET ON the boat...

They were FORCED ON...the boat.

you idiot.  wether they walked on or where forced on, they GOT ON the DAMN boat either way.

The point is this, back folks should thank white people.  Even the poorest back people here in the US live in free housing, and get free checks, etc. Have you ever seen footage from African countries.  Those people don;t even have clothes and live in huts.  botton line is that Mohammad Ali was right, his grandparents were lucky they got on the boat--forced or not.
you are gay.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
I have heard or read nothing to support the view that Tiki has bad character.  You said yourself that intelligence has nothing to do with character.  Tiki's comments were just stupid, not a reflective of bad character.  He has been great for the league IMO.  Works hard in the offseason.  Plays hard during the season.  Raising a family.  Stays out of trouble.  Does good work outside of football.  The NFL needs more players like him. 

He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath with that crackhead Irvin. 

Once is stupid; he challenged the coach in PUBLIC more than once; then it's about character, because in effect he's f*** up the team dynamics like it or not. Coughlin's had problems with key players on that team since he got there, which is the biggest problem the Giants have-the players are in control as much as Coughlin, which is wrong. Tiki's actions make him a weasel-this is proven, and has been noticed as a big negative by more than just I. At least Irvin performed and STFU when it came to the season!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Once is stupid; he challenged the coach in PUBLIC more than once; then it's about character, because in effect he's f*** up the team dynamics like it or not. Coughlin's had problems with key players on that team since he got there, which is the biggest problem the Giants have-the players are in control as much as Coughlin, which is wrong. Tiki's actions make him a weasel-this is proven, and has been noticed as a big negative by more than just I. At least Irvin performed and STFU when it came to the season!

I don't agree with airing dirty laundry, but I might make an exception with Coughlin.  He might be the most unreasonable coach in the NFL.  His players hate him.  Also, he's a hypocrite.  Threw his QB under the bus after Sunday's loss.  (I don't like Eli anyway.) 

Irvin is a poster child for bad character:  drug use, criminal convictions, cheated on his wife, terrible role model for his own kids and young kids who idolize athletes, allegedly set up mistresses in apartments (essentially prostitutes).  Not to mention the fact that he constantly pushed off on the field to get open.  And worst of all, he was a Dallas Cowboy.  O.K. . . . Pushing off isn't a sign of bad character . . . . . 

pumpster

• Getbig V
I don't agree with airing dirty laundry, but I might make an exception with Coughlin.  He might be the most unreasonable coach in the NFL.  His players hate him.  Also, he's a hypocrite.  Threw his QB under the bus after Sunday's loss.  (I don't like Eli anyway.) 

. . . 

On what basis? I see no indication that the players on this team dislike him. He's clearly learned and is not the same guy he was previously. If anything, he's too lenient, has NOT been the disciplinarian needed amongst a bunch of opinionated big-mouth veterans who were on the team and feel they run it, dating back to before his arrival.

I heard him interviewed yesterday; in no way was he anything but class re: poor player performances. He said only the truth re: Manning's putrid bad throws and Burress's  inexusable ineptitude-long overdue. That he hasn't said it more clearly speaks to the fact he's actually been too easy on them, not the reverse.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
On what basis? I see no indication that the players on this team dislike him. He's clearly learned and is not the same guy he was previously. If anything, he's too lenient, has NOT been the disciplinarian needed amongst a bunch of opinionated big-mouth veterans who were on the team and feel they run it, dating back to before his arrival.

I heard him interviewed yesterday; in no way was he anything but class re: poor player performances. He said only the truth re: Manning's putrid bad throws and Burris's ineptitude-long overdue. That he hasn't said it more clearly speaks to the fact he's actually been too easy on them, not the reverse.

It's actually quite the opposite.  He's too strict, which is why his players hate him.  Here is a sample:

Union Drops Grievance Against Giants Coach

By Mark Maske
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, April 8, 2005; 11:13 AM

The NFL Players Association dropped a grievance that it filed on behalf of three New York Giants players who were fined by Coach Tom Coughlin after showing up early to a team meeting just before last season, but not early enough to suit Coughlin.

The case was to be heard by an arbitrator late last week, and a union official even traveled to New York for the case. But the players involved -- cornerback Terry Cousin and linebackers Barrett Green and Carlos Emmons -- didn't want to pursue the case. Cousin was released by the Giants this offseason and signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and didn't want to travel to New York to resolve a dispute over $500, sources familiar with the case said.

Coughlin fined the players $500 apiece after they arrived a few minutes early to the meeting, only to find it already under way. Coughlin later said that his meetings start five minutes early, so anyone who arrives after that is late. Coughlin's taskmaster ways didn't always sit well with Giants veterans last year in the coach's first season with the team, and the club lost eight straight games after a 5-2 beginning and finished the season with a record of 6-10.

Players Association chief Gene Upshaw clashed with Coughlin last offseason when several Giants players informed the union that Coughlin's workouts were violating league rules. The league and the union investigated and determined that the Giants indeed had violated the rules pertaining to the length of workouts, and the team was punished by losing two days of workouts last May in which the players were barred from showing up at the club's training facility. But Upshaw said during Super Bowl week that he and Coughlin had patched up their differences.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A36941-2005Apr8.html

pumpster

• Getbig V
This proves nothing; i've seen those disputes for a couple of years. The amateur outspokeness of some of the players confirms that it's more than than the coach.

These players are supposed to be pros, as in on-time for meetings. If anything, he's too lax, in large part because of the veterans who feel they run the team. Long ago he should've addressed it by telling them to accept his ways or accept a trade; he didn't do it and continues to put up with obnoxious, public rants by Shockey and Barber that i'm not seeing anywhere else. They feel they can do it because they were there before the coach was. No one thinks Shockley's outbursts over the years are professional, same with Barber.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2006, 03:54:06 PM »
Yeah that would be good considering we have already heard from the gay white male who loves hiking point of view ;D

Hey Jaejonna! I found your pants!
The House that Ruth built

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2006, 04:25:58 PM »
Hey Jaejonna! I found your pants!

You have no idea what a major douche you really are, if you only knew...........
I

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Tiki's more obnoxious than Irvin to me; a bigmouth at the wrong time when the team should come first.

tiki was being sarcastic

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
tiki was being sarcastic

E

No way you know that.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
tiki is a great running back and his coach sucks !
he may be one of the worse x's and o's coach in the nfl
CENSORED BY RON !

pumpster

• Getbig V
tiki is a great running back and his coach sucks !
he may be one of the worse x's and o's coach in the nfl

Very good, not great, with a biiiiiig-mouth that f*** up team dynamics. Not cool, not a team player. Did it more than once.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
No way you know that.

if you heard the interview he was clearly being sarcastic, did you really think he was serious about irvin being a character guy?

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
"Giants coach Tom Coughlin has five games to save his locker room, his season and his job. If the Giants stumble down the stretch the way they did in Tennessee, ownership will lose even more faith in Coughlin than it already has. One high-ranking Giants source said Monday that Coughlin now faces a potential 'mutiny.'"
-- NFL.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/11/28/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html?cnn=yes

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
Pumpster is just a crazy Canadian, so you can't take him seriously. Some of the shit he says sometimes makes you wonder.. Last time it was about some guy being better than Jim Brown, and now he says Tiki Barber lacks character.

Tiki is loved so much in the NY area. Keep in mind he's up against people like Jeter, Strahan. The guy is a model citizen.

pumpster

• Getbig V
if you heard the interview he was clearly being sarcastic, did you really think he was serious about irvin being a character guy?

E

Wasn't referring to that comment.

"Giants coach Tom Coughlin has five games to save his locker room, his season and his job. If the Giants stumble down the stretch the way they did in Tennessee, ownership will lose even more faith in Coughlin than it already has. One high-ranking Giants source said Monday that Coughlin now faces a potential 'mutiny.'"
-- NFL.com

What a revelation; if the team goes down the tubes, firing the coach is no mystery, based on performance, not whether his style is acceptable. What you clearly don't comprehend is that the problems here in NY go beyond Coughlin; similar probs and collapse with the same players happened under the preceeding coach. If Coughlin goes, so eventually will some of these problem players.

What you don't seem to comprehend is that essentially the same team has performed/collapsed on 2 coaches now, Coughlin and Fassell; blaming it all on Coughlin is purely amateur hour. ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
Pumpster is just a crazy Canadian, so you can't take him seriously. Some of the shit he says sometimes makes you wonder.. Last time it was about some guy being better than Jim Brown, and now he says Tiki Barber lacks character.

Tiki is loved so much in the NY area. Keep in mind he's up against people like Jeter, Strahan. The guy is a model citizen.

Another generalization from the dumbass. The comments about Barber's character have also come from various media sources here in NYC, which you clearly are clueless about. Have you been in afghanistan?

What i said a long time ago about Jim Brown was something you'll never get and clearly can't forget either. Just to clarify since you have no depth and can't get over it: my observation came from Gil Brandt, one of the best talent evaluators in league history.

Now you've been schooled, by a Canadian.  ;D Don't go away mad, just go away.  ;D