Author Topic: More proof that I'll never understand hunting for sport.  (Read 3508 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: More proof that I'll never understand hunting for sport.
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 09:27:42 AM »
whats the difference between butchering a cow and shooting a deer?

If the deer is used for food and the hunt wasn't solely for sport then in essence there is no difference.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 09:39:36 AM »
Effin, for every rich idiot who hunts in a fenced preserve there are a thousand of guys who hunt fair chase and respect the environment, and their quarry. Not the least the meat helps some people feed their families in rural america.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 09:42:18 AM »
I agree.  How about this:  one of my former coworkers goes duck hunting in Canada.  He uses a mechanical duck that swims and quacks in the water to lure ducks from the air.  Like shooting fish in a barrel IMO. 

Hey Beach. I duck hunt all the time. Your friend probably lost birds due to those dumb mechanical decoys. The only thing those mechanical decoys are good for is seperating money from a dumb duck hunters wallet.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 09:43:27 AM »
as much as you guys don't understand hunting; it's the same as a hunter not understanding bodybuilding.  to call them names is childish.
to each his own.  hunting is necessary however. 

I agree.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 09:44:46 AM »
The fvcked up thing is that their are a bunch of idiots that drive around at night and pop a deer when it freezes in the headlights. 

Buff, you are confusing hunters with POACHERS!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 09:45:46 AM »

Nothing at all. On most small farms the cow or bull takes a bullet to the brain.

body88

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 09:47:21 AM »

you are a certifiable dips**t.  a decent thread and you start the name calling.  you don't have a clue about hunting, what it's about and why people do it.  why don't you gain knowledge about something before you demean people that do it.  Wow, how impowering you must feel!

If you read the post you would see I said I had no problem with those who hunted to feed there family or to help curb overpopulation. I also said I have no problem with hunters who used the animal for food and to make things from the hide etc etc. My beef was with clowns who shoot animals with low population numbers then hang them on there wall as a trophy. Or "hunters" who go around with huge guns setting animals up in cages and shooting them to take a picture.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »
Effin, for every rich idiot who hunts in a fenced preserve there are a thousand of guys who hunt fair chase and respect the environment, and their quarry. Not the least the meat helps some people feed their families in rural america.

I'm not denigrating hunters that eat what they kill and respect nature. I'm denigrating some pathetic moron that shot and killed a bear that he had caged in by an electric fence in what is essentially someone's backyard. I'm sure he felt like a big powerful man when he killed that bear. Must be sad to need such ridiculous validation.

That redneck country singer must be a giant asshole, his little "hunting" expedition is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard regarding hunting.

As a hunter can you explain to me what the pleasure is in killing a caged animal?

body88

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 09:54:19 AM »
I'm not denegrating hunters that eat what they kill and respect nature. I'm denegrating some pathetic moron that shot and killed a bear that he had caged in by an electric fence in what is essentially someone's backyard. I'm sure he felt like a big powerful man when he killed that bear. Must be sad to need such ridiculous validation.

That redneck country singer must be a giant asshole, his little "hunting" expedition is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard regarding hunting.

As a hunter can you explain to me what the pleasure is in killing a caged animal?

Word!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »
I'm not denegrating hunters that eat what they kill and respect nature. I'm denegrating some pathetic moron that shot and killed a bear that he had caged in by an electric fence in what is essentially someone's backyard. I'm sure he felt like a big powerful man when he killed that bear. Must be sad to need such ridiculous validation.

Effin, guys who really enjoy the experience of hunting. Things like camping, tracking game, calling in ducks, geese or turkey, the great taste of wild meat, being with your friends outdoors etc... We don't like these rich morons like the guy this thread about any more than you guys who don't hunt.

body88

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 10:00:18 AM »
I dig the outdoors. I can see the lure of hunting. I only have beef with the guys who abuse it.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 10:05:54 AM »
Effin, guys who really enjoy the experience of hunting. Things like camping, tracking game, calling in ducks, geese or turkey, the great taste of wild meat, being with your friends outdoors etc... We don't like these rich morons like the guy this thread about any more than you guys who don't hunt.

I can respect that, thanks for the honesty. I'm glad to hear people that hunt don't agree with what that fool did.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 10:23:23 AM »
I can respect that, thanks for the honesty. I'm glad to hear people that hunt don't agree with what that fool did.

Effin, most hunters are working class, solid people. Unfortunately all you hear about are the jerks like this guy. One time a guy who has a hunting and fishing show was found out to do one of these bogus caged hunts for his TV show. He had a new asshole torn in him on his forums on his web site by fellow hunters.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 10:48:40 AM »
Hey Beach. I duck hunt all the time. Your friend probably lost birds due to those dumb mechanical decoys. The only thing those mechanical decoys are good for is seperating money from a dumb duck hunters wallet.

lol.  Funny!   ;D  I have no idea.  I'll take your word for it. 

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 10:52:05 AM »
I have never agreed with hunting.  I have no respect for anyone who hunts and does it with a gun or even a bow.  Most of these guys hide in trees, or dig themselves a hole and hide.  They shoot from a 100 years or more away sometimes.  What kind of skill does it take.  Some of these guys even use tripods and laser sightings.  Be a fucking man and take on the animal one on one with your bare hands.  You are a chicken killing an animal with a gun.  Weak people do that.  Gives them the illusion they have power.  When in reality they have nothing without the gun.  Go ahead go hunt like they did back in the stone age.  Do it with your hands or make a spear.  That is hunting.  That would make you a real man.

I once killed a deer. I just waited in the tree with a big salt block on the ground under it,waited for the deer to come up to lick the salt,then I leaped down onto it's back and wrestled it to the ground. I grabbed it's antlers and snapped it's neck.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 11:49:58 AM »
Ozmo,
There are many instances where hunting is necessary.
Mainly in the controlling of wild game populations.
I live in a province of 1 million people however there are over 2 million deer. Also the elk and moose have started to migrate out of the north and are wrecking lots of farm land. Elk and moose weren't short grass prairie animals before but are now. Not to mention they kill 5 to 10 people a year in vehicle accidents and causes millions of dollars in damage.
The biggest problem is with snow geese, nobody hunts these animals so the numbers are out of control.  They are destroying whole tracks of farm land. The government has double the fall season and added a spring season, but the numbers keep growing.

The factors that control these populations aren't around any more. Most of the predators have been killed and with the change in weather patterns they haven't been dying due to weather.

Game farm hunting makes me sick, but there are many people that do it and it is a huge business in many states and provinces.

I hear ya.  But really, i may be wrong, but hunting in the USA is regulated to protect the population of deer. 

Your points about why in some cases hunting is needed make sense.  But overall, hunting for food, is not necessary.

My contention originally was that hunting with a gun is nothing to brag about. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 01:25:54 PM »

Some of these animals being shot are heavily endangered. I don't care much for deer hunting, but don't be shooting tigers, bears and elephants.

body88

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2006, 01:31:05 PM »
Some of these animals being shot are heavily endangered. I don't care much for deer hunting, but don't be shooting tigers, bears and elephants.

I agree. These people who go on safaris shooting freaking rhinos suck to.  I love it, drive around until they see a rhino standing in the bush. Get it all pissed of then shoot it from 200 yeards away with a surface to air missle. Cut the poor bastard up and throw all its guts in the bushes. Take the head home and put it on a mantle ::)

I have no problem with recreational hunting if a population can withstand it. Or if the hunter eats all the meat and uses the carcase to make things. It is these people who hunt endangered animals or set them up that piss me off.

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »

didnt u say your grandfather hunter tigers??? Probably contributed to the
decline of tigers.
pump'em dump'em

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2006, 03:46:08 PM »

No endangered animals are legally hunted in the USA.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2006, 03:47:05 PM »

None if you are a normal human being.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2006, 03:49:20 PM »
lol.  Funny!   ;D  I have no idea.  I'll take your word for it. 

One time a friend of mine brought his goofy toy decoys. My other friend and I just rolled our eyes. The stupid mechanical decoys rolled upside down and sank!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2006, 04:22:03 PM »
One time a friend of mine brought his goofy toy decoys. My other friend and I just rolled our eyes. The stupid mechanical decoys rolled upside down and sank!

;D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2006, 04:28:40 PM »
Apparently this redneck singer Troy Lee Gentry killed a bear in an enclosed 3 acre preserve and then lied about it saying it was killed in the wild. He even had the kill videotaped.

What the hell is the point of killing a bear that is caged in by an electric fence? How is that fun? This moron is the perfect example of how I just don't understand hunting for sport. It makes no sense to me.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20061127/D8LLMG0G1.html
hunters are fucking pussies. anyone hunting should be fair game as well. if they want to feel like big tough men with their guns killing things, then ship their asses to the frontlines somewhere... not so cool when YOUR the game, is it assholes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2006, 04:43:28 PM »
Ever see "Surviving the Game"?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111323/