Author Topic: Sergio  (Read 11024 times)

anvil

• Getbig IV
Re: Sergio
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 11:20:53 AM »
I think retard Sarcasm said it not that long ago

True, it was in reference to a pic of Sergio and Vince Gironda.  Hope he was just kidding...

--phoenix--

• Getbig II
  • train all out or dont train at all
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 06:27:56 AM »
his victory pose, i think thats what its called, looks amazing.
that has to be my favorite sergio pose, his arms are almost as big as his waist
never be satisfied

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »
Am i right in saying sergios probs only weakness was abs, im not saying he didnt have defined abs, bus they wernt up to the same level as the rest of him.

To summarise tho he is freeking huge and in my opinion one of the greatest of all time, if u want a freeky big body then thats what to go for!!

davie

Sergio had defined abs, but I see your point also. Here are a few good ab shots.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 07:53:57 AM »
that is one massive mofo

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 08:28:47 AM »
Sergio had defined abs, but I see your point also. Here are a few good ab shots.

middle shot, he looks in the sort of condition that might have threatened arnold, but he didn't have the mass/density,

last shot he's got great mass, but he's carrying way too much water.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 04:12:48 PM »
middle shot, he looks in the sort of condition that might have threatened arnold, but he didn't have the mass/density,

last shot he's got great mass, but he's carrying way too much water.

The warped perspectives of someone who always puts the white BB first: Zane over Nubret, Schwarzenegger over Oliva's no coincidence I'm afraid.  ;) Oliva didn't have the mass? LOL One of the stupidest things one could say about Oliva, that's really desperate. Oliva at his best was clearly as good if not better than Schwarzenegger.

As far as washboards, most of the very top BBs with size, including Schwarzenegger, Scott & Oliva, didn't have em. The most important thing was a small waist, not a particularly defined one.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 04:23:33 AM »
The warped perspectives of someone who always puts the white BB first: Zane over Nubret, Schwarzenegger over Oliva's no coincidence I'm afraid.  ;) Oliva didn't have the mass? LOL One of the stupidest things one could say about Oliva, that's really desperate. Oliva at his best was clearly as good if not better than Schwarzenegger.

As far as washboards, most of the very top BBs with size, including Schwarzenegger, Scott & Oliva, didn't have em. The most important thing was a small waist, not a particularly defined one.

i'm talking about the shots pump.

i know sergio at his best was bigger and a better shape, but the simple fact is that he was usually carrying a bit too much water when he was that size and the second photo is a good example of that.

in the 1st shot he seems to have good condition but somewhat lacking in size (by comparison).

sergio had better shape than arnold and, at his peak, had more size with better proportion, but where arnold adapted to the judging criteria (more definition) sergio didn't. it really is that simple.

you imply that i am racist but if you ask me my personal opinion, i preferred sergio. when i saw arnold for the first time i thought wtf? but when i saw sergio i couldn't believe a man could be that massive with awesome shape. if you asked me who i'd rather look like, zane or nubret? i'd pick nubret every time, 'dark skin and all'  ::) btw, my favourite athlete of all time is mike tyson and what colour skin does he have? you getting it yet? my opinion doesn't matter and neither does yours. it's how the are compared up there on stage. you ever heard of the boxing term, 'gym fighter'? that's a guy that looks outstanding in the gym, sparring, hbag, everything and then when he gets on stage whoosh, it's all gone, you wonder what happened. the thing is what the man does in the gym means nothing. what matters is what he does under pressure in the ring being judged and compared.

serge was incredible, no doubt at all, and perhaps he could have beaten a peak zane, but we will never know because he didn't bring it to the stage and go head to head with zane (at zane's best).

people tend to focus on snap shots of serge in the gym or performing his signature pose, but it's a COMPLETELY different story when you're on stage performing mandatories head to head under lights. it is fact that this is the only way you can honestly and reliably compare. imagine if the olympia was contested with a bunch of photos? dennis james would probably win tank top and all.

serge has made somwhat conflicting excuses that he didn't like to compete and then has implied that he was iced out of the olympia by weider. which one is it?

this doesn't hold water when you consider that haney and coleman happen to have won more sandows than anyone and guess what colour they are? they didn't mind competing and i have no problem saying they were easily the best bbers of their respective eras. so where was the racist judging when those guys were winning all those olympias? oliva came before nubret, how did he win those olympias? the way nubret talks it must have been an impossibility, the mighty weider would have simply iced him out ???  ::)

of course sergio makes the same excuses (as nubret) but the fact is sergio's people skills were terrible when it came to business. whereas arnold was always very shrewd and calculated, sergio would price himself out and have tantrums. sergio didn't think beyond his physique, he thought everyone should come to him and if they didn't he would walk. arnold realized it was just a game, he still had to go out there and bust his ass and he ALWAYS left the door open. when arnold came to america HE was the one knocking on doors because, as arrogant as he was, he knew that just having a good physique would do nothing for him. he USED his physique as a tool to open doors that normally he wouldn't have access to. he USED weider and weider used him. they both knew the score. sergio felt he was owed and gave nothing, he responded with emotion, not brains and arnold laughed all the way to the bank.

let you in on a little secret pump. when you become a professional athlete you become a business man. the ONLY thing is getting paying customers. that's it. you can't do that with any longevity by simply showing up because people aren't going to pay money to see the same thing all the time. that's the cold hard reality in EVERY professional sport. when someone comes along that can sell it better, everyone is heading their way. it doesn't matter whether your black, white, yellow or pink with purple poko dots.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 07:09:12 PM »
Back in those days, the general consensus was that his biceps were larger than his head.

I wrote an "article" about Sergio challenging Arnold at the International Contest one year in Tiajuana. (The year that Birdson deservedly won it!)

Weider was real protective of Arnold and wouldn't let him go on stage to meet Sergio's challange (it didn't appear that Arnold was anxious to get up there either) but after a lot of yelling back and forth, Franco got up and accepted the challange on Arnold's behalf.

I posted pictures someplace on here if anyone is interested.

Slick Vic

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »
Geezus!  :o
Now THAT is a kick-ass pic of Sergio.  8)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 09:20:03 PM »
Back in those days, the general consensus was that his biceps were larger than his head.

I wrote an "article" about Sergio challenging Arnold at the International Contest one year in Tiajuana. (The year that Birdson deservedly won it!)

Weider was real protective of Arnold and wouldn't let him go on stage to meet Sergio's challange (it didn't appear that Arnold was anxious to get up there either) but after a lot of yelling back and forth, Franco got up and accepted the challange on Arnold's behalf.

I posted pictures someplace on here if anyone is interested.

That would be great to see.

Slick Vic

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 05:27:19 AM »
I'd like to see that as well.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 05:36:10 AM »
it's somewhere in the middle of favourite stories of legends sticky.

i'm sorry, i can't remember where but it shouldn't be too hared to find. a couple of pics shown where franco's in good shape but doesn't belong next to the myth.

that sticky is a fantastic read btw. i read every single post line by line (and read them some more, not enough stories). i will never question the accomplishments of onlyme and others there again.

some bloody good stuff in there i'll tell you.