Author Topic: Spīnal 'tap' of question for Chick  (Read 4421 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Spīnal 'tap' of question for Chick
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 08:16:53 PM »
No...I was great at the squat. I could rep out with 405 like nobodies business...It was more frustrating that I could only go up to a certain weight without throwing a disc from the strain...

Ironically, It wasn't from lifting or squating that I finished it off...but a homerun swing playing on a softball league!

So you never had a tight feeling in the belly like: Oh fuck here it comes, the squat...pain pain pain (you know the extra pain the one that makes you feel lightheaded and makes you see stars)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 08:28:08 PM »
Totally off subject, but Bob whats your opinion on BCAA's.

And also, if you had to write down perfect sissy squat form, what would u say it is???

BCAA's are fine...used them for many years before supps went high tech. Always take them after working out.

FFAA before training...BCAA after.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 09:32:42 PM »
BCAA's are fine...used them for many years before supps went high tech. Always take them after working out.

FFAA before training...BCAA after.

So glutamine pre workout??? Do you have a special pre or post workout cocktail that you would advise someone who is looking to gain mass to take???

Anything that worked for you back in the day??

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 01:28:02 PM »
So whats the answer chic?? come on???

"shameless bump"

irocktheyellow

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 01:56:13 PM »
Bob,

Do you prefer training hamstrings with quads or do you train hams with another bodypart? Are there any major benefits or drawbacks to either way?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 03:19:46 PM »
So glutamine pre workout??? Do you have a special pre or post workout cocktail that you would advise someone who is looking to gain mass to take???

Anything that worked for you back in the day??

No...Glutamine post workout and/ or before sleep

Never had any special drink mix, always found them to give me a full feeling when I was training which I didn't like...

Post workout protein drink is fine, or course....

IROCK-

We did hams with thighs for many years....It wasn't until much later that I seperated them out...I like that much better, as your hams aren't tired/ fatigued from training quads and vice versa...

I would suggest training them AFTER quads in the week schedule, however...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 04:39:33 PM »
thanx for all the straight up answers chicaroonie!

andydude00

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2006, 06:30:55 PM »
What is FFAA?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2006, 06:49:23 PM »
What is FFAA?
Free Form Aminos is my guess.

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2006, 09:14:02 AM »

In my case, the problem comes from the piriformis muscle pinching the left sciatic. I don't really get pain on the right side. However it radiates on the leg when I push with my abs when sitting.

Was your disc rupture caused by a single event or something going on for a while?
Hey, Alex, I have exactly the same problem as you, and you are the first person I know that suffers from it, besides me. It's indeed a pain in the ass, buddy!!! It doesn't get in the way of training at all, in fact, it's the only time of the day I don't feel that fucking pain. Everything else it hurts like a mofo, especially staying seated. Some days it hurts even when I am  sleeping.

What are you doing to treat the injury, Alex?
Train forever !

Alex23

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2006, 02:39:56 PM »
Hey, Alex, I have exactly the same problem as you, and you are the first person I know that suffers from it, besides me. It's indeed a pain in the ass, buddy!!! It doesn't get in the way of training at all, in fact, it's the only time of the day I don't feel that fucking pain. Everything else it hurts like a mofo, especially staying seated. Some days it hurts even when I am  sleeping.

What are you doing to treat the injury, Alex?

Me it's starting to get in the way of the training. When sitting and raising my left leg, my ass and hamstring is burning. Therefore, leg extension is a biatch. Standing up I don't feel a thing really, except in the morning. I'm software engineer so I spend most of my day sitting and pinching that damn nerve...

What really helps me is foam rolling then stretching. I also use my inversion table (hangs you upsidedown) to releive a little but it's nothing like the foam rolling.

Do you have back pain related to it? If you sit down on and "push" with your abs, does it radiates down your leg? This one scares me a little, makes me think of an herniated disc....