Author Topic: Florida goes to national championship game  (Read 18150 times)

thisiskeith12

Re: Florida goes to national championship game
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »
Arkansas should have beat Florida

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2006, 08:09:59 PM »

Actually, overall, the SEC has the best athletes from top to bottom in the country. Period.

And I will love watching those "superior" athletes of the SEC on Florida's team get their ass handed to them by the Big Ten team Ohio State...I can't wait to watch Leak get owned....I wonder how many fumbles he will have in the game I am predicting around 4 or more...Or better yet hand it over to Tebow and watch him get man-handled when he tries to run...
Watching The Haters

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 08:10:36 PM »

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »
Arkansas should have beat Florida

Actually South Carolina should have beat Florida...They got lucky throughout the season....
Watching The Haters

thisiskeith12

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »
And I will love watching those "superior" athletes of the SEC on Florida's team get their ass handed to them by the Big Ten team Ohio State...I can't wait to watch Leak get owned....I wonder how many fumbles he will have in the game I am predicting around 4 or more...Or better yet hand it over to Tebow and watch him get man-handled when he tries to run...

Florida is a finesse team. Most of the team they are easy to crack, but sometimes they do well. I go to an SEC school and I think Ohio State will slaughter the Gators, of course if you are from the SEC, you also hate Fla.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 08:12:15 PM »

So you're basing your entire argument off the fact that Ohio State is the best team in the country this year only? Any college football fan knows the SEC is the toughest conference to play in due to the fact it's littered with amazing athletes. The Big 10 isn't exactly known for having amazing athletes outside of Michigan and OSU.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »
So you're basing your entire argument off the fact that Ohio State is the best team in the country this year only? Any college football fan knows the SEC is the toughest conference to play in due to the fact it's littered with amazing athletes. I expect Ohio State to kill them, but that's only because they're a superior team. The Big 10 isn't exactly known for having amazing athletes outside of Michigan and OSU.

Never agrued with you about the SEC being a great conference only stating the facts for this year....Now where was that arguement you were saying that I was trying to state???
Watching The Haters

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:09 PM »
Actually South Carolina should have beat Florida...They got lucky throughout the season....
And UF's kicker SHOULD have made a 29 yarder in the 1st quarter.  Many of these games would ahve been put away with a decent kicker.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »
And UF's kicker SHOULD have made a 29 yarder in the 1st quarter.  Many of these games would ahve been put away with a decent kicker.

Oh...I almost forgot about Florida/Florida State...Wow Florida let Florida State hang around long enough to where they gave them a chance at winning...Florida State might as well been a D-1AA this year and look what they did...That is one amazing team that Florida...I am happy to watch Florida win the chance to be the 2nd-string practice team for Ohio State...
Watching The Haters

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2006, 08:25:59 PM »
Oh...I almost forgot about Florida/Florida State...Wow Florida let Florida State hang around long enough to where they gave them a chance at winning...Florida State might as well been a D-1AA this year and look what they did...That is one amazing team that Florida...I am happy to watch Florida win the chance to be the 2nd-string practice team for Ohio State...

You're an idiot. You do know that teams play much greater in rivalry games. Look at UCLA for example. Hell, if you want to play that game, Ohio State almost lost to Illinois, and they're one of the worst teams in the country.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 08:27:19 PM »
Funny how the offense was less productive without Percy Harvin and Wynn the starting running back in the 2nd half.  But i'm sure that had nothing to do with it.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 08:30:24 PM »
You're an idiot. You do know that teams play much greater in rivalry games. Look at UCLA for example.

Hey UCLA played a solid game and USC couldn't handle it...Florida just let Florida State hang around and almost paid for it...Eventhough, Florida put on an excellent display of sloppy football like they did throughout the year...Yeah, Florida deserves their shot they earned it regardless...Ugly or not
Watching The Haters

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »
Funny how the offense was less productive without Percy Harvin and Wynn the starting running back in the 2nd half.  But i'm sure that had nothing to do with it.

What is the excuse in the South Carolina game then???
Watching The Haters

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 08:36:10 PM »
florida deserves it more than michigan

conference champ > 2nd place team

plus imagine if michigan beat OSU in the championship, there would be even more controversy because people would argue they had their chance and lost and it's hard for a team to beat the same team twice

E
E

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 08:40:02 PM »
florida deserves it more than michigan

conference champ > 2nd place team

plus imagine if michigan beat OSU in the championship, there would be even more controversy because people would argue they had their chance and lost and it's hard for a team to beat the same team twice

E

I agree completely....But we actually all already seen the National Championship when Ohio State/Michigan played....Florida will just be a practice squad game for Ohio State....
Watching The Haters

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 08:43:10 PM »
Florida will just be a practice squad game for Ohio State....

i remember everybody saying the same thing in 2003 before OSU played miami

look what happened

if illinois can keep it close with them so can florida

E

E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 08:44:41 PM »

look what happened

E

Miami won that game. Refs decided to give it to Ohio State. Last year is what this is sounding like.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 08:48:32 PM »

look what happened

E

Kinda how Vanderbilt hung in there with Florida - Eventhough Vanderbilt beat out Florida in total yards and defense in that game...
Watching The Haters

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2006, 08:50:39 PM »
Kinda how Vanderbilt hung in there with Florida - Eventhough Vanderbilt beat out Florida in total yards and defense in that game...

OSU almost lost to Illinois, your argument holds no water. Illinois won what? 2 games this year?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2006, 08:55:56 PM »

yeah they both had bad games against bad teams, how does that mean OSU will blow out florida?

E
E

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2006, 09:01:19 PM »
yeah they both had bad games against bad teams, how does that mean OSU will blow out florida?

E

Ummm excuse me.....BUT Florida has had more than one bad game against a bad team...Come on lets really not joke ourselves here...Lets see, Florida struggled and I mean struggled with Florida State, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt....Not to mention Auburn owned them...These are not opinions they are facts...You can all look them up or I am sure you watched one of those 4 games....
Watching The Haters

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2006, 09:04:32 PM »
Ummm excuse me.....BUT Florida has had more than one bad game against a bad team...Come on lets really not joke ourselves here...Lets see, Florida struggled and I mean struggled with Florida State, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt....Not to mention Auburn owned them...These are not opinions they are facts...You can all look them up or I am sure you watched one of those 4 games....

what is your point?

all that matters in the end is the number of wins

Michigan barely beat Ball State

I would think the 3 teams you named would beat Ball State

E
E

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2006, 09:07:49 PM »
what is your point?

all that matters in the end is the number of wins

Michigan barely beat Ball State

I would think the 3 teams you named would beat Ball State

E

Michigan also owned I mean owned Vanderbilt...Double the total yardage more thant double the score
Watching The Haters

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2006, 09:11:31 PM »
::)    Michigan is better. OSU is going to kill them.  Gayer than Freddie Mercury's dental floss.

I think Michigan or USC have a much better shot at beating OSU than Florida does.

Florida has great team speed, more than OSU, but I'm not sure Florida's defense can get enough stops to win that game.

Who wants to watch OSU/Florida?

I'd rather see USC or Michigan play them....

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

body88

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2006, 09:13:55 PM »
I think Michigan or USC have a much better shot at beating OSU than Florida does.

Florida has great team speed, more than OSU, but I'm not sure Florida's defense can get enough stops to win that game.

Who wants to watch OSU/Florida?

I'd rather see USC or Michigan play them....

DIV

Agree, I just cannot get into the Florida OSU matchup :-\