Author Topic: Ferrari F50 vs. Enzo:What's your pick?  (Read 4355 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Ferrari F50 vs. Enzo:What's your pick?
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 03:24:26 PM »
Ferrari FXX (super Enzo)

FXX looks awesome, but I like the one they made for Maseratti.
I

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 03:30:33 PM »
Never a big fan of Ferrari's. Well except for the best Ferrari ever ( the f40  :D)  I respect them tho.

Look inside one, it is glued together, and it has as Martin Brundle put it, "a coat hanger" to close the door.

Funny thing is that the F40 is faster than the F50, and Ferrari didn't want that to get out.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 03:33:25 PM »
FXX looks awesome, but I like the one they made for Maseratti.

The one they made for Maser, is based off of the Enzo, and to top it off the limited edition Maser is based off the FXX. The Maser MC12 limited has 750 HP, versus the 800+ for the FXX. The FXX cost as much or more (1.5-2 million) than the Bugatti Veyron, but the MC12 limited is about 1.2 million.

body88

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 03:38:19 PM »
Look inside one, it is glued together, and it has as Martin Brundle put it, "a coat hanger" to close the door.

Funny thing is that the F40 is faster than the F50, and Ferrari didn't want that to get out.

I have been driven in one. It is a pure race car. If you are going on performance alone to dictate the best Ferrari ever, this would be my pick. I think the Enzo is a cool car. But, you can get better cars for much less.

Just my opinion! I do think the new 430 is a FANTASTIC car.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 03:38:32 PM »
the ultimate attention whore machine.  i gotta get one, one day.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 04:16:32 PM »
I have been driven in one. It is a pure race car. If you are going on performance alone to dictate the best Ferrari ever, this would be my pick. I think the Enzo is a cool car. But, you can get better cars for much less.

Just my opinion! I do think the new 430 is a FANTASTIC car.

I had a friend in college who got me into collecting model cars (www.exoticar.com). he used to go to the Ferrari of Washington, DC. He had video of a F40 and a F50 being serviced, The F50 was the coolest, but you see that the F40 was meant for one thing, a true race car for the streets, no creature comforts at all, as you know. The F50 had to go by the regulations of the 90's (airbags, comfort, exhaust, etc). It if wasn't for that damn wing, the F50 wouldn't look like a giant vacuum cleaner.

The Enzo, looks disoriented, like someone dreamed of a giant anteater, drew it, and somebody who actually knew what they were doing designed the rear. Look at the Enzo in black...that is thmost sinister looking car of all time. 

Alex23

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 07:09:03 PM »

Alex23

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2006, 07:09:37 PM »
the ultimate attention whore machine.  i gotta get one, one day.

dream on chicken leg.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2006, 08:25:38 PM »
The one they made for Maser, is based off of the Enzo, and to top it off the limited edition Maser is based off the FXX. The Maser MC12 limited has 750 HP, versus the 800+ for the FXX. The FXX cost as much or more (1.5-2 million) than the Bugatti Veyron, but the MC12 limited is about 1.2 million.

That Bugatti would be my choice out of any car.  Just unreal.  You can't even own a Enzo unless you have owned Ferrari's before.  There are NO first time owners.  There is a guy named Joe Nicoli who probably has one of the most extensive collections of Ferraris and foreign exotics in the world.  He owns JN Motors.  My friend is John Browning (Browning Rifles) and he has about $5 million dollars in cars in his collection.  I just could never understand why having so many cars was fun.  I have had two cars at the same time at the most.  A sporty everyone checks out car and a fun car to go where I want. That is all I need.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 08:52:39 PM »
That Bugatti would be my choice out of any car.  Just unreal.  You can't even own a Enzo unless you have owned Ferrari's before.  There are NO first time owners.  There is a guy named Joe Nicoli who probably has one of the most extensive collections of Ferraris and foreign exotics in the world.  He owns JN Motors.  My friend is John Browning (Browning Rifles) and he has about $5 million dollars in cars in his collection.  I just could never understand why having so many cars was fun.  I have had two cars at the same time at the most.  A sporty everyone checks out car and a fun car to go where I want. That is all I need.

You can still buy a pre-owned Enzo if you're a first time buyer.

The FXX are race cars, you don't even really own them. In essence you lease them from Ferrari. They even ship it to the track for you with a team of mechanics. They even start it for you and warm it up before you get in for your hot laps.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 08:59:23 PM »
My neighbor ( I know, I know ::)) has an Enzo, every Sunday morning he fires it up around 7:00am and rattles the neighborhood with it's vibration...the car sounds incredible!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »
I remember way back in high school (mid-70's) my friends dad had a Ferrari Boxer BB12.  It was kind of neat.  Odd cause for a family neighborhood.  And if I remember right my Uncle Bernie had the second Ferrari Testarossa sold in California.  Marcus Allen had the first black one.  My friend on weekends let me drive his 308.  He worked all night so I used to pretend it was mine and go to clubs and everyone went wild when I drove up.  I used whine it in 1st gear going down by Belmont Shores and it sounded so cool.  Going over the St Vincent Thomas bridge at 120 was awesome to.  Same bridge in the Charlie Angels movie.  Magnum PI made that car popular.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 11:47:46 PM »
Never a big fan of Ferrari's. Well except for the best Ferrari ever ( the f40  :D)  I respect them tho.

yeah F40 plz

but to pick from those two id say F50..

rare as fuck and even more expensive.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2006, 04:33:44 AM »
That Bugatti would be my choice out of any car.  Just unreal. 
I can't get the Bugatti, it just doesn't look drop dead gorgeous to me, it is very un-sexy. Plus the reason why it cost so much, is because they had to re-engineer the car. There are no 'Ring times for this car, which make me suspect that it is only a straight line rocket (A GT), not a track car. Plus it is 4,000+ pounds. The Enzo is a little over 3,000+ and it is still a porker.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2006, 04:47:13 AM »
I can't get the Bugatti, it just doesn't look drop dead gorgeous to me, it is very un-sexy. Plus the reason why it cost so much, is because they had to re-engineer the car. There are no 'Ring times for this car, which make me suspect that it is only a straight line rocket (A GT), not a track car. Plus it is 4,000+ pounds. The Enzo is a little over 3,000+ and it is still a porker.

But it has AWD with some of the widest tires around and 987hp so the weight ins't much of a problem to haul around. I have the Motor Trend when they got to test one for first time, it was from a few months ago, I will read it again and put some numbers up later. I for one think it looks good, not beautiful but very powerful. It has to be one my favorite super cars out right now.
I

body88

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 06:05:10 AM »
The Veyron is a beautiful car. But, it is more of a technical showcase then a pure supercar. I say this because, it is not hard to put a 1000 horse engine in a light car.The Bugatti is quit heavy. Infact there are several exotics on the horizon that will be faster. The newest 900 horse ccx is close. But the grand daddy is  the American built ultimate aero tt. The tt has 1,180 bhp at 2800 lbs. The Veyron has 1000 horse at 4300 lbs. The Veyron is a technical marvel. Due to the v16, quad turbo,top speed etc etc.The Veyron is also ultra exclusive, which is the whole point of owning a Veyron for some. But for pure speed and profromance the Veyron is not king.

body88

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 06:14:14 AM »
Here is my list of all time great super cars

Best "personality" and "soul"  - Ferrari f40

Most beautiful - Zonda Roadster

Most technically advanced - Veyron

Best all around supercar/best throwback/ (Best bang for your buck) - Ford GT

Most groundbreaking - f1

Most unique - Diablo

Most refined / dignified - Db9

Fastest - Aero tt

Best "day to day" supercar - New 911 twin turbo

body88

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2006, 06:33:06 AM »
I had a friend in college who got me into collecting model cars (www.exoticar.com). he used to go to the Ferrari of Washington, DC. He had video of a F40 and a F50 being serviced, The F50 was the coolest, but you see that the F40 was meant for one thing, a true race car for the streets, no creature comforts at all, as you know. The F50 had to go by the regulations of the 90's (airbags, comfort, exhaust, etc). It if wasn't for that damn wing, the F50 wouldn't look like a giant vacuum cleaner.

The Enzo, looks disoriented, like someone dreamed of a giant anteater, drew it, and somebody who actually knew what they were doing designed the rear. Look at the Enzo in black...that is thmost sinister looking car of all time. 

There is on the is more sinister, more beautiful and even more evil looking. The zonda roadster is the most badass exotic ever designed. The Enzo is nice. But the Zonda is the best imo.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »
I remember when the Vector was the hottest car.  Met the owner/builder at the LA car show when they had it there the first time it came out.