Author Topic: describe your ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE  (Read 4483 times)

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: describe your ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 10:49:27 AM »
working on my paramedic . got my emt and a AA. school suxs

sandycoosworth

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 10:51:25 AM »
165. Took the test in 2nd grade.

My dad claimed the test I took in grade 4 had me at 170. Seeing as that is beyond both genius and prodigy I found it hard to believe.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 01:17:41 PM »
I dunno...but they gave me a little certificate. It's somewhere in my "box of memories". I don't think 165 is all that out of control.

Most of my friends are uber smart: Dave was taking Linear Algebra at the local college his Sr. year in HS., Zach went to both Harvard and MIT at the same time to get his PHD - both schools paid him to go, Mark ownes one of the top cell-phone game dev companies, Chad is one of the best C/Assembler developers I've ever met, me and all my friends in HS were in multiple AP classes and went on to very successful college and post college careers, etc...etc...

I like GetBig because it's a nice mental break...ie: bodybuilders are generally stoopid.

Am I cocky? Yea. f**k you all.

Not to say you are not intelligent, but if you had an IQ anywhere near that range you would be blowing my socks off with your posts (and that doesnt happen).

To give you an idea just how exceptional an IQ of 165 is, if you were in a room with 1 million people, only 5 of them would be as smart or smarter.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 02:03:52 PM »
Apparently you don't quite grasp the concept of what an IQ is. It has nothing to do with my english skills and/or creative writing abilities.

Some of the smartest people suck the most at writing -- take Mark for example. Brilliant fucken programmer and business owner, but can't write to save his life.

You think IQ means smarts in doing various tasks. It means smarts in ability to grasp concepts. You think Einstein was a Steinbeck? Not.

And, yea, based on past experience, I do think if I were in a room with a million people, only 5 would be smarter - IQ-wise. I'd be stupid Jeopardy-wise.

Apparently you do not understand what an IQ is: it's an expression of ones mental age over his or her physical age ;)

If you are so good at "concepts" how is it you thought an IQ of 165 with a .999994 occurance rate is not "all that out of control." ::)

Ive read literally hundreds of your posts and not one of them has been groundbreaking ;)

ps I'd get touchy too if someone just proved what a bullshitter I was :-*

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 02:07:24 PM »
Whats funny about having a high IQ.  It really doesn't mean much overall.  I would take my street smarts and actual experiences over being really smart.  I am not a college grad and in fact hated school.  Yet I am pretty sure in my life I have made more money, been more places, done business with major companies and handle myself in front of a board of directors as well as any genius or mental superstar.  My brother is very very smart as was my mom who graduated from USC and UCLA and taught banking & finance at UCLA a couple nights a week when at the time she was an executive with United California Bank, yet both could barely operate a pinball game.  

More power to the IQ challenged. ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 02:47:43 PM »
Not to say you are not intelligent, but if you had an IQ anywhere near that range you would be blowing my socks off with your posts (and that doesnt happen).

To give you an idea just how exceptional an IQ of 165 is, if you were in a room with 1 million people, only 5 of them would be as smart or smarter.

actually people that smart wouldn't be concerned with blowing someones socks off

having said that..they wouldn't be posting on here..

i know a homeless dood..worked on nasas unmanned missions...

one of the smartest people i know...(homeless cause wifey cheated on him and left him)

anyhow.you wouldn't know he ws smart till ya asked him a relevant question...then he blows ya away..
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 02:49:30 PM »
I've read a few times that IQ has no bearing on income (even though you'd think it would).

Very smart people, who remember things easily, tend to sometimes work not all that hard.  Just like dumb people.  Myself, I was one of the brightest kids in the MBA program - always smelling every opportunity, always finding solutions faster, always remembering the lists, yet I didn't read much.  I just listened in class, and anything I hear once I can recall later without problem.  

Of course, I was a brokeass most of my adult life until the last 4 years, so I am guessing that quick wit and photographic memory didn't help me all that much til then.  Come to think of it, I was broke til I started posting on getbig and suddenly I'm doing worlds better.  you fuckers must be a good influence!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2006, 03:04:38 PM »
I've read a few times that IQ has no bearing on income (even though you'd think it would).

Well, if you think about, how many PhDs in math or the humanities do you know who are rolling in the dough? Most of em have decent to high IQs, but if they dont get tenure or tenure-track academic jobs, they gonna be workin  the drive-thru!

As for my academic excellence, i ... well, i.... uuhhhh.... i got nothin...

Hey, I did do well in the fourth grade spelling bee, which is more than the DA can say for himself!

sandycoosworth

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 03:12:53 PM »
heh. yea.

I don't think it's all out of control cuz all my friends have about my same IQ. My closer friends. Course I have other friends, but the ones I really connect to are the ones I don't have to explain myself to -- they get what I say immediately - because they all think 20 steps ahead too.

I'm not an expert in bbing - read this (for concepts, not grammer/english skills): http://www.mall23.com/eCommerce_Solutions_Newsletter/eCommerce_Solution_Aug2006_Mailer.asp
Me defining a new paradigm -- again, no one got it, but I use it throughout my applications and it's the most awesome thing I've found/discovered on the net in years.

Dood, don't believe me. I don't care. My "trophies" (oh, yeah, I don't have any bodybuilding trophies...but I've got rows of development trophies) speak for themselves: www.garraeth.com (not the client sites - those are boring/dime-dozen - my applications and sites that I built from scratch).

Each reply just strokes my ego a bit more.

If you didnt care you wouldnt be getting you panties in a bunch trying to convince me otherwise

If you had an IQ of 165 that point wouldnt be lost on you

Sux being average dont it ;)

sandycoosworth

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 03:23:23 PM »

actually people that smart wouldn't be concerned with blowing someones socks off

They would do it naturally by virtue of seeing things the rest of you dont ;)

sandycoosworth

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 03:24:27 PM »
Read my last post.

It's also sometimes fun (helps feed a growing ego) to debate from a winning position against idiots.

Then how come I kicked the shit out of you re the definition of IQ and the probability of someone having one as high as your bullshit claim ::)

Good job !

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 04:19:39 PM »
The answer is easy.

IQ = great ability to grasp logical concepts, great ability to recognize patterns, great ability to play around with quantitative figures ++++++

Real world success = emotional toughness + ability to accept failure after failure + work ethic + social skills.

Business success is therefore not dependant on being able to comprehend the Hirzebruch Riemann Roch theorem and things like that. The world of business is more easily comprehendable than the world of science.

People with high IQ usually never need to struggle in adulthood, and therefore they never develop the emotional toughness needed to become good in business. They grow up to be the suckers wanting the "safe secure jobs".
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 04:24:34 PM »
People with high IQ's need to enroll in the school of Hard Knocks

Well, high IQ + having been through the school of hard knocks = monster potential for earnings. A skilled and driven businessman with a high IQ will almost always outperform another businessman with the same skills minus the IQ.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 04:36:48 PM »
Component tests are generally designed and selected because they are found to be predictive of later intellectual development, such as educational achievement. IQ also correlates with job performance, socioeconomic advancement, and "social pathologies". Recent work has demonstrated links between IQ and health, longevity, and functional literacy. [2] [3] However, IQ tests do not measure all meanings of "intelligence", such as wisdom, knowledge or social skills.

The IQ correlation can partially be explained by the fact that people with high IQ's usually get a higher education, and higher education is a contributing factor to good health, longevity and functional literacy.

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 05:23:19 PM »
me wicked smart

me good at booklearnin.

Languages are for dykes and trailer thrash.

Mathematics and sciences is where it's at.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 08:01:13 PM »
exactly, math and science were my three favorite subjects in school.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 08:06:34 PM »
they were my favorite, not my best 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 08:10:46 PM »
 8)

at least you got my joke in the first place ;)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 08:27:57 PM »
Haha.  I wonder if anyone else noticed you only put up two...

this is getbig.

I highly doubt it ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 08:30:36 PM »
this is getbig.

I highly doubt it ;D

Do you enjoy being fucked up the arse?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2006, 09:12:56 PM »
the hardest part of business is determining, achieving, then maintaining a strategic competitive advantage.

Once you have something you do better or with less resources, you will have potential limited only by your resources and scope, until the guy next door sees what you're selling and copies.  Then you'd better get even better, use even less resources, or tell people he sleep with other men.  nobody wants to work with a guy like that.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2006, 09:20:24 PM »
the hardest part of business is determining, achieving, then maintaining a strategic competitive advantage.

Once you have something you do better or with less resources, you will have potential limited only by your resources and scope, until the guy next door sees what you're selling and copies.  Then you'd better get even better, use even less resources, or tell people he sleep with other men.  nobody wants to work with a guy like that.

Brutal "anti copying" strategy for core competences is hard these days. The best ways to protect your core competences is to hide them in your anus.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »

Brutal "anti copying" strategy for core competences is hard these days. The best ways to protect your core competences is to hide them in your anus.

Yep.  Or just plain outwork them.  I have lower prices and what I consider very good efficiency process, but I'm by no means ruling the market.  Anyone can step in at any time and steal every potential customer.  Then, I would simply start convincing traditionally non-website customers that they need one, by making a website for one of them, then showing the other 14 guys in that field that they are suddenly at a great disadvantage, and I can help. 

or, I would use my business degree and computer certs and go get a job in tech mgmt.   but sitting on getbig all day and working is kinda fun.  i'd hate to have to dig up my suit and tie again.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 10:09:01 PM »
As far as I know it doesn't change. I don't know what test I took - it was 2nd grade: put test in front of kid, kid takes test, kid gets score: 165/200, kid thinks that sux (82.5%), kid later finds out that sandy thinks that's an impossible score, kid now thinks he's cool.  ;D

Dipshit here is in the 82nd percentile, which is like 40 IQ points below 165 ... thehehehehehehehehehe ;D

sandycoosworth

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2006, 05:33:23 AM »
This is why you are fucking stupid, cause you do not understand the concept of IQ, and you honestly thought you had an IQ of 165 ::)