Author Topic: Porsche leaks Panamera pics  (Read 4376 times)

sandycoosworth

Re: Porsche leaks Panamera pics
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 11:04:04 AM »
Looks like ass...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 11:33:49 AM »
The new twin turbo 911 is the best everyday supercar ever created. All the modern comfort/convenienceses. With wicked performance and looks. You can drive it for long distances and use it all the time. Unlike most exotics which cannot be used like a day to day driver.

Porsche has become "blah" because they have gotten to popular. You see about 6 911's per day. Christ, I see them at whole foods in affluent areas like they are bmw's now.

In the world of supercars worldwide mainstream success is a double edged sword. Porsche is becoming more and more like Mercedes.

The new Ferrari (forget which one I think the Marenello) did a long ass endurance trip to show how reliable and rough it could be.
I

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 12:06:27 PM »
Bentley is king when it comes to luxury exotics imo. Ferrari would be number 2 on my list. All Bentley's coupes and sedans have huge horspower/performance to go along with the extreme quality and craftsmanship. All the B's sport v12's or twin turbo v8's pushing 600 ponies. The gt and the gtc make the 612  (which I adore) look outdated. The 599 Ferrari is gorgeous so that can compete with the the gt/spur. But, honestly the 599's styling is not in the same league as that new gtc roadster. The car is simply breathtaking. The Bentleys are more luxurious and perform on about the same level as the Ferraris! I would still take the 599 over a Bentley gt. But, def not the gtc. Sexy ride!

Big problem with today's Bentley's is that they have VW running gear (AWD). a W-12 engine and a Audi interior. A similarly priced Ferrari will not depreciate in value as much as the Bentley.

body88

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 12:08:37 PM »
True dat! I was speaking from the point of money being no object. I would take a 599 any day of the week!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 01:02:27 PM »
Here's a video of some kid that got a ride in a Diablo SE 30. The SE 30's were badass, they were lighter and more powerful than other Diablo's. The dude that owns the car is a bit of a goof and he modded the engine cover badly but it's still a badass car.

http://www.car-parazzi.com/display/index.cfm?display=ItemDetail&media_id=6130

body88

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »
Great video. Love the old Diablos.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 02:15:26 PM »
Big problem with today's Bentley's is that they have VW running gear (AWD). a W-12 engine and a Audi interior. A similarly priced Ferrari will not depreciate in value as much as the Bentley.

With cars like though the owner generally doesn't care about depriciation value.  They buy cause it is the best or what they want, no care about what they can sell it for when they are getting rid of it.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2006, 02:17:11 PM »
looks like a hatchback

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 03:15:36 PM »
With cars like though the owner generally doesn't care about depriciation value.  They buy cause it is the best or what they want, no care about what they can sell it for when they are getting rid of it.

There was a Bentley Continental   at the Lexus dealership, I was getting my car serviced. I was not impressed, the Service consultant said that he was put off bythe keychain--the same switchblade key chain that VW uses >:( >:( . I was more impressed by the Mercedes SL55 and the '06 M5 they had near the  Bentley.

But if money were no object, I would get one just to say I have it.

looks like a hatchback

I kinda agree with you :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »
Aston Martin Rapide (4 door coupe) that will compete with the Porsche Panamera

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 03:30:16 PM »
More Rapide

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 06:26:30 PM »
There was a Bentley Continental   at the Lexus dealership, I was getting my car serviced. I was not impressed, the Service consultant said that he was put off bythe keychain--the same switchblade key chain that VW uses >:( >:( . I was more impressed by the Mercedes SL55 and the '06 M5 they had near the  Bentley.

But if money were no object, I would get one just to say I have it.

I kinda agree with you :-\

The Azure is the Bentley to get.  Since the early 60's till the year they came out with the Lexus my uncle has only owned Lincolns and Rolls's. He liked the Lexus so much he bought one for himself and one for each of his 10 assistants.  When I came to LA fro thnaksgiving one year my girlfriend came and saw hiscar loved it.  He said go down to Torrance Lexus and tell them Bernie Pasch is your uncle and they will give you a great deal.  We went down and it was awesome and shipped one back home.  She already had the lesser class one but bought the newst one and traded in her other one when she got back.  I was just really surprised that he liked that car so much.  He kept his other cars but drove the Lexus everyday.

body88

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 07:13:57 PM »
The Mansory vantage is one of the baddest cars I have ever seen. This is the ultimate beautiful car. Astons are gorgeous in general, but this car is on another level.  I love this car. The black wheels is the only way to roll.

BishopLord

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 08:22:49 PM »
The Mansory vantage is one of the baddest cars I have ever seen. This is the ultimate beautiful car. Astons are gorgeous in general, but this car is on another level.  I love this car. The black wheels is the only way to roll.

Ahhhh!!!  That's sick as all hell!  Damn, I'm downloading those pics.  Thanks for posting them. 
Damn, those brake rotors are huge!

BishopLord

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 08:25:02 PM »
Oh, and that Jaguar XK has more than a little Aston Martin Vantage in it, or should I say the Vantage has more than a little XK in it.

Ford's going to sell Aston Martin, the direction Aston takes in the future should be interesting to see.

Well there you go.  I knew Ford own Jaguar or has stake in Jaguar (and some Ford parts are in the lower end Jags), but I didn't know Ford had own Aston Martin.  No wonder the Ford GT has a "similar" look to the Vantage.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 10:07:51 PM »
Bentley is king when it comes to luxury exotics imo. Ferrari would be number 2 on my list. All Bentley's coupes and sedans have huge horspower/performance to go along with the extreme quality and craftsmanship. All the B's sport v12's or twin turbo v8's pushing 600 ponies. The gt and the gtc make the 612  (which I adore) look outdated. The 599 Ferrari is gorgeous so that can compete with the the gt/spur. But, honestly the 599's styling is not in the same league as that new gtc roadster. The car is simply breathtaking. The Bentleys are more luxurious and perform on about the same level as the Ferraris! I would still take the 599 over a Bentley gt. But, def not the gtc. Sexy ride!

do you know how much that thing weighs?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2006, 02:20:37 AM »
Well there you go.  I knew Ford own Jaguar or has stake in Jaguar (and some Ford parts are in the lower end Jags), but I didn't know Ford had own Aston Martin.  No wonder the Ford GT has a "similar" look to the Vantage.

Please tell me how a car designed to more or less replicate the famous 1960's racer the Ford GT-40 has anything to do with looking like a modern day Vantage ???
I

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 04:46:58 AM »

Ford has owned Aston since the late 80's and then Jag in 89. The Aston Martin DB7 had Ford parts in the cabin. And the last gen XK8 and DB7 shared the same chassis, which was the previous gens Jag coupe (the one with the flying buttresses) can't think of the name 

The Mansary Vantage is nice, but I believe there are no HP mods,I like the kit a lot. I would keep the wheels and keep the the standard V8 Vantage. Many times the car looks sexier without the kit, and as time wears on, the kit starts to look dated. Just look at all the ricers with all those stickers and spoilers. :-X

body88

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 06:05:44 AM »

The gt is designed after famous 60's Ferrari killer. I do not really think the vantage looks like the the gt. But, I am biased since the gt is my favorite car :D

body88

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2006, 06:07:58 AM »

Close to 5000 lbs. The topic was originally the best luxury exotic. I know the 599/612 are the better performers on the track! But zero to 60 stats and top speed of both cars are comparable. For looks, luxury, performance and quality nothing beats the gt's imo. If you are talking about the best luxury exotics of course. The 612 and 599 are better on the track without a doubt.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2006, 06:10:47 AM »

Close to 5000 lbs. The topic was originally the best luxury exotic. I know the 599 is the better performer on the track! BUt zero to 60 stats and top speed of both cars are comparable.

I thought the Ferrari pictured was the 612 ???
I

body88

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2006, 06:11:20 AM »
I thought the Ferrari pictured was the 612 ???

The red one is the 599.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2006, 06:13:07 AM »

The red one is the 599.

Well the 612 is the top of the line for Ferrari when it comes to luxury, post a pic of it, I am too lazy too ;D
I

body88

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2006, 06:15:12 AM »

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2006, 06:21:12 AM »
Yes here is my beauty, best luxury exotic IMO :)

I