Author Topic: Colts getting beat down today  (Read 5161 times)

body88

Re: Colts getting beat down today
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »
Well if this injury train keeps chuggin I thinkBrady will be the only one who can play!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »
True. But, Dion was asking for much more money then he was worth.
The market determines worth; someone else must've thought his value was higher.

As far as holding out, don't know the details on that part.

body88

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2006, 10:47:35 AM »
The market determines worth; someone else must've thought his value was higher.

As far as holding out, don't know the details on that part.

Another good point. But, I think Seattle overpayed for Dion as they thought he would be the addition to finally get them over the hump.

I wish he was still a Patriot. But the way he held out and made the front office to be that bad guys sucked. He was under contract. He could have restructured after this season.

With Caldwell putting up almost identical stats to Dion, I think they made the right choice. Caldwell is a rookie. If he can mature into the same type player as a branch ( which he looks to be doing) the first round pick we got for Dion will be worth it.

Most these critics do not even know the full story. They fail to post the stats showing caldwells numbers to be almost identical to Dion's. Fail to acknowledge these guys are rookies.Caldwell missed the first 2 games and the entire preseason.Critics just are tired of the pats winning. Anytime they lose or have trouble people blow it up. Yet get all exited when Dallas wins a game.

We both know the pats have problems. Hell, we know the injuries/turnovers are killing them right now. I do not think they are going to run the table. I project them to get into the playoffs and hopefully get some key guys back. From there if playing well,they have just as good a shot as anyone else.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »
What happened to Doug Gabriel?

body88

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2006, 10:55:15 AM »
What do you mean? I know the reciever core is not the greatest in the world. But, when playing well they do what they where intended to.These guys are rookies.

The only answer I have for you is this stat

Reche Caldwell 12 games, 46 catches,574 yards 3 tds

Dion Branch 10 games, 38, catches, 518 yards 4 tds

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2006, 11:14:12 AM »
What do you mean? I know the reciever core is not the greatest in the world. But, when playing well they do what they where intended to.These guys are rookies.

The only answer I have for you is this stat

Reche Caldwell 12 games, 46 catches,574 yards 3 tds

Dion Branch 10 games, 38, catches, 518 yards 4 tds

I was asking about Doug Gabriel.  He started off great then disappeared.  Is he in the dog house or something? 

body88

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2006, 11:24:22 AM »
Oh, sorry about that. Bill has him in the dog house. No idea what his story is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2006, 05:14:54 PM »
Oh, sorry about that. Bill has him in the dog house. No idea what his story is.

He's gone from the dog house to the outhouse:

Patriots release WR Doug Gabriel

Foxboro, MA (Sports Network) - The New England Patriots released wide receiver Doug Gabriel on Tuesday.

The 26-year-old Gabriel was acquired by the Patriots before the start of the season from the Oakland Raiders in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.

Gabriel had 25 receptions for 344 yards and three touchdowns in 12 games (five starts) for New England.

The Pats also signed defensive back Justin Phinisee and safety Guss Scott to the practice squad.

body88

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »
Hahah owned!!! I forgot about this thread. He was terrible. Next years first round pics should be used to get the best QB in football some serious weapons. I would love to see Brady with a Harrison and Wayne. Compliment that with a 1 , 2 Maroney and Dillon sandwich. Caldwell and Jackson would be a great compliment to a few big time wr's. But they have to be team players!!! With the nucleous of Teddy B, Koppen Seymour,Light,Vrabel and Jr a few additions will make this team dominant again. The defensive line is extremley talented flanked by big Wilfork and pro bowl bound Ty warren. Obviously we need to upgrade to big time recievers to make the team complete. Oh ya and get a punter also. Walters fucking sucks!!!!!!!

Lol, we need pick up a good defensive back . Harrison and Wilson are both down until the playoffs We need depth in the backfield for when the starters are out. Scott is a corner and Asanti is nasty. Should be interesting to see Asanti, Harrison and Hobbs at full strength for the playoffs!

I still have faith.  9-4 aint so bad for a team with the issues this one is having.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2006, 05:28:32 PM »
This week, I am cheering for the Colts.  Go Manning, beat the Bungholes! 

body88

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2006, 05:30:17 PM »
This week, I am cheering for the Colts.  Go Manning, beat the Bungholes! 

Yeah, f**k the Bengals!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2006, 09:56:54 PM »
I missed out on some of this. Body's right but the one thing is that Brady was comfortable with Givens and Branch. Any 3rd and long and you would always see Tom throw to Givens and move the chains. We have major issues on defense now. Before Vince went down th phish had 38 yards rushing after that they gave up another 80 plus. We don't have a deep threat. There is a major fall off without Harrison in the line-up. He keeps everybody in th secondary in line. I hope he's back soon. I think BB figured we could get enough done with the running game to keep LM on the bench and he was right. This was't Dillions fault. Pass/Faulk/Dillion got the job done on the ground. The damm O line killed us. I guess there is talk about audio tapes being bought by the Phish..still they gotta block.

Anyway Body I'm sure u listen to sports radio up there..let me know what the are saying about Gabrial and the injuries. I read on a thread on the Globe that Big Ben might be done. I kinda doubt that with the release of Gabrial.
L