Author Topic: What kind of tactics are fair in war?  (Read 12042 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: What kind of tactics are fair in war?
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 03:55:42 PM »
BB,

I am grinning thinking about the day you wake up.  The annoyance and frustration I feel, looking at the state of things and immanent trouble, are soothed only by the fact that some clown in hawaii is going to have that nervous facial twitch, scratching his head, wondering what has happened as the second 911 investigation is on TV and his retirement package is in the crapper. 

I can't let your smug ignorance get to me.  history has shown that the masses are stupid and will believe what they are told despite evidence to the contrary.  They are also unable to comprehend financial trends which contradict their own financial planning.  I sure as hell hope you're right about that angle... shit, i'll retire a very rich man.  but I'm prepping for a major dollar decline, and i'm hoping for a second 911 investigation. 

If I am wrong, then hell, I'm wrong.  But major nations are dropping the dollar, and 911 skeptics are growing rapidly.  trends aren't in your favor, my friend.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »
BB,

I am grinning thinking about the day you wake up.  The annoyance and frustration I feel, looking at the state of things and immanent trouble, are soothed only by the fact that some clown in hawaii is going to have that nervous facial twitch, scratching his head, wondering what has happened as the second 911 investigation is on TV and his retirement package is in the crapper. 

I can't let your smug ignorance get to me.  history has shown that the masses are stupid and will believe what they are told despite evidence to the contrary.  They are also unable to comprehend financial trends which contradict their own financial planning.  I sure as hell hope you're right about that angle... shit, i'll retire a very rich man.  but I'm prepping for a major dollar decline, and i'm hoping for a second 911 investigation. 

If I am wrong, then hell, I'm wrong.  But major nations are dropping the dollar, and 911 skeptics are growing rapidly.  trends aren't in your favor, my friend.

Cruise missile.  lol.   ;D  240 the economist!  LOL.  O.K.  Now you're really interfering with my work.  Peace out!  lol. 

But thanks for the funnies!   ;D  lol.  whoo. . . . .   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 04:11:10 PM »
Well if this is true about faluja, again, we're not talking about one soldier's fog of war, it would have had to be planned... Are these tactics fair in War?  IF one battle, why not every major battle?  If every major battle, is it right to call cease fire and mow down the people?  Is it fair to use white phosphorous on civilians?  Is it fair to demand civilians leave a dwelling and then gun them down. Kill ambulance drivers...  Is it fair to gun down 15 unarmed protesters?  yes or no... Again, I'm just wonder how much we justify and fuel the insurgency with this stuff... Do you think they give a shit we have rules of engagement if it doesn't look like we follow them?... The whole country is filled with horror stories now.  Again, if it was here, if I heard that my countrymen were being torcured, were being killed and all this shit going on, I would fight against my American brothers being killed.  Well if we fuel the insugency with all this garbage, that's fucked because our guys are dying.  This is a mess.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 04:12:54 PM »
I think Reconaissance by fire would work great.   ;D  Feel free to discuss.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 04:24:10 PM »
please see my last 2 posts on '240 what you got' about finances.  you owe it to yourself to be prepared, even if we don't see eye to eye on topics like war or 911.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 04:27:32 PM »
please see my last 2 posts on '240 what you got' about finances.  you owe it to yourself to be prepared, even if we don't see eye to eye on topics like war or 911.
who?
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »
I think Reconaissance by fire would work great.   ;D  Feel free to discuss.
What you mean just burn it all down or what? You have no problem doing this to little kids?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2006, 04:34:43 PM »
This photo Kills me....

This is how HISTORY will remember GWBUSH and Tony Blair.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 04:36:13 PM »
What you mean just burn it all down or what? You have no problem doing this to little kids?

Reconaissance by fire means shooting as soon as you see the enemy in all cases.  Suppressed weapons and well placed shots.  No actual fire.  That would take out the element of reconnaissance.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2006, 04:45:56 PM »
That doesn't seem to be quite what it means,

Reconnaissance in force (RIF) is a type of military operation used specifically to probe an enemy's disposition. By mounting an offensive with considerable (but not decisive) force, the commander hopes to elicit a strong reaction by the enemy that reveals its own strength, deployment, and other tactical data. The RIF commander retains the option to fall back with the data or expand the conflict into a full engagement.

Reconnaissance by fire (or speculative fire, 'spec fire') is a tactic which applies a similar principle. When not trying to be stealthy, reconnaissance units may fire on likely enemy positions to provoke a reaction.

How does this apply to this thread, expand ???  I guess you lost me a bit :-\

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »
How I am using it is that if my unit came up on an enemy force that has not seen us, we would annihilate them, preferably with silenced weapons without anybody knowing about it.  It applies to this thread in the sense that some would see that as cruel.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2006, 05:19:03 PM »
How I am using it is that if my unit came up on an enemy force that has not seen us, we would annihilate them, preferably with silenced weapons without anybody knowing about it.  It applies to this thread in the sense that some would see that as cruel.
What you said just now I don't see as cruel in war.  You're talking about taking out an enemy target with stealth... so...  What we're talking about is completely different.  I don't expect our guys to fight like 16th century British redcoats. ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 05:25:30 PM »
What you said just now I don't see as cruel in war.  You're talking about taking out an enemy target with stealth... so...  What we're talking about is completely different.  I don't expect our guys to fight like 16th century British redcoats. ;D
Lol.  It works even better than going door to door or doing dynamics entries and fire fights.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 05:37:11 PM »
Lol.  It works even better than going door to door or doing dynamics entries and fire fights.
Well so you're still losing me a bit, you're saying just take the whole place out with stealth rather than door to door urban combat?  That's what your're saying right :-\

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 05:40:46 PM »
Well so you're still losing me a bit, you're saying just take the whole place out with stealth rather than door to door urban combat?  That's what your're saying right :-\
If you want to save lives, send in quiet professionals under cover of darkness and just take them out.  Or if you have to act during the day, do what they did in Somalia, have snipers set up to just pick people off whether shooting or not.  I think recon by fire works best but not every mission allows for it.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2006, 05:43:35 PM »
If you want to save lives, send in quiet professionals under cover of darkness and just take them out.  Or if you have to act during the day, do what they did in Somalia, have snipers set up to just pick people off whether shooting or not.  I think recon by fire works best but not every mission allows for it.
Yea, I agree, sounds good, but it also sounds like something that isn't going to work very well in an urban setting.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2006, 05:46:02 PM »
Yea, I agree, sounds good, but it also sounds like something that isn't going to work very well in an urban setting.
Sniping would need multiple locations.  Delta could pull off killing people without being noticed but I agree there are some better strategies for urban combat, too bad the Marines suck at it.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2006, 05:48:56 PM »
Sniping would need multiple locations.  Delta could pull off killing people without being noticed but I agree there are some better strategies for urban combat, too bad the Marines suck at it.
That's not cool... They do a lot with a little and they're Americans fighting for their Country all the same.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2006, 05:52:12 PM »
All's fair in love and war.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2006, 05:53:05 PM »
That's not cool... They do a lot with a little and they're Americans fighting for their Country all the same.
It isn't cool.  I don't think that is their job.  Marines pride themselves on being able to shoot out to 800 yds.  I'm not saying the Marines suck and need to go home.  They are not trained well for urban combat.  Rangers are better at attacking a target and killing everything inside.  Marines need to be sent home and retrained.
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 05:55:50 PM »
Hope that clarifies my feelings Beserker.  I repsect all soldiers but many forces are being misused and Marines are at the top of the list.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »
All's fair in love and war.
You support suicide bombers and IEDs  :-\

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2006, 06:05:12 PM »
You support suicide bombers and IEDs  :-\
I support bombing those assholes to the stoneage.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2006, 06:21:57 PM »
I support bombing those assholes to the stoneage.
Well I was asking fury, but you lost me again, you want our guys to do suicider bombings and make IEDs :-\ Fury said, all is fair in love and war... If all is fair, he supports these things...  I'm just going for clarification of his statements.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2006, 06:23:21 PM »
Well I was asking fury, but you lost me again, you want our guys to do suicider bombings and make IEDs :-\ Fury said, all is fair in love and war... If all is fair, he supports these things...  I'm just going for clarification of his statements.
I like the use of fighter jets and Specter gun ships.  It is safer for us.
Squishy face retard