Author Topic: Drunk driving i bullshit  (Read 3892 times)

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Drunk driving i bullshit
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2006, 04:27:49 PM »
I am in no way defending the act of driving while impaired.NOT AT ALL. But those low lifes getting into their cars after drinking that you speak of would not be drunk if you and or your family hadn't just sold them the booz. If they get drunk at your restaurant and you know they are drinking too much and you continue to serve them,then watch them drive away...you should feel responsible, at least in part, for whatever happens. If you know they are under the influence and see them get behind the wheel you should call the police right then...but you wouldn't,because they are your customer.

Every adult should be held responsible for their own behavior. They chose to get drunk

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2006, 04:29:46 PM »
Every adult should be held responsible for their own behavior. They chose to get drunk

you are correct. But it is your duty as a citizen to report someone if you know they are in a car driving drunk.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2006, 05:58:20 PM »
gtbro1,   That's a good point and I agree that the person serving the alcohol should not serve to a drunk person.  To be clear though, it's catering and not a regular sit down restaurant.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »
thats a little to unrealistic. some girl whos bartending  is gonna say, "sorry sir, stop giving me your money". and does thats bartender give everyone leaving that bar a field sobriety test? whats been working in ny, is that the bar areas receive a lot of police presence at closing time.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2006, 08:02:18 PM »
thats a little to unrealistic. some girl whos bartending  is gonna say, "sorry sir, stop giving me your money". and does thats bartender give everyone leaving that bar a field sobriety test? whats been working in ny, is that the bar areas receive a lot of police presence at closing time.

It is ultimately the drinkers responsibility. Almost Anyone who goes out to clubs drinks and drives at some point.Maybe they are not drunk(in their minds) but they have still had drinks.That is why I quit drinking all together.I have proven my inability to use good judgement while drinking.

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2006, 08:16:26 PM »
It's not reasonable to say that an establishment is responsible for a drunk driver. Unless someone is falling off their stool it is very hard to know when enough is enough. I personally haven't been drunk since Oct. 1 but I still go out tobars all the time and you never know how some people can function. I'm an alcoholic and drove drunk every day for the last couple years, I have only been in one accident ever and that was recently. I'm not saying I drive better drunk but it does not impair my motor skills as much as it might the guy sitting next to me at the bar.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2006, 08:40:38 PM »
It's not reasonable to say that an establishment is responsible for a drunk driver. Unless someone is falling off their stool it is very hard to know when enough is enough. I personally haven't been drunk since Oct. 1 but I still go out tobars all the time and you never know how some people can function. I'm an alcoholic and drove drunk every day for the last couple years, I have only been in one accident ever and that was recently. I'm not saying I drive better drunk but it does not impair my motor skills as much as it might the guy sitting next to me at the bar.

I was the same way.I was caught drinking and driving twice...I was guilty more times than I can count. I could function very well while legally intoxicated.I too am a recovering alcoholic.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2006, 12:02:47 AM »
this is typical fear-mongering horrible misinterpretation of statistics.
obviously you live somewhere with mass-transit systems...in a place like texas the ONLY way to get around is to drive.

heres some stats for you doubting me.

all those thousands of people leaving at closing time, how do you think they are getting home?
every single day, literally tens of thousands of people leave bars/clubs/parties/their own homes after having been drinking. every single day, tens of thousands, in this city alone.
the vast majority of days, no one gets killed or even seriously injured by a drunk driver.
basically if you look at the sheer numbers, you would have say, 5,000 people per day and probably much more on weekends, making a one way drive somewhere after having been drinking. there are probably less than 3 drunk driving fatalities here per month. so yeah, its like shooting a gun into a crowd  ::)

the most ignorant post iv read in a long time
DAWG

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2006, 11:07:57 AM »
I'm not saying I drive better drunk but it does not impair my motor skills as much as it might the guy sitting next to me at the bar. 

sure it doesn't ::)

you are going to kill yourself or someone else. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2006, 02:36:21 PM »
sure it doesn't ::)

you are going to kill yourself or someone else. :-\

I think what he means is, When he is at .10 bac he does not appear as drunk as someone who does not drink that often. If you are drunk every day,you function better in that state than a casual drinker. Him at .10 is still drunk,but he can likely stand up and walk and talk to you,however someone who rarely drinks,and is  at .10 will be stumbling around and can barely talk. I do not think he is "ok" to drive however...just pointing out my interpretation of what he said. We all know that no drunk person will ever admit they are drunk. "I'M FINE" how many times have ya heard that one?

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006, 05:31:46 PM »
because of their tolerance some people can function very well at a BAC level that would leave others stumbling. 
Valhalla awaits.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »
because of their tolerance some people can function very well at a BAC level that would leave others stumbling. 

I agree. That's how I was when I was drinking. I am not saying I was any less dangerous really,but I can say that I could probably be  legally intoxicated,and unless you smelled it,you likely wouldn't know I had been drinking.Getting arrested was probably the best thing that ever happened to me...it woke me up,and probably saved someones life in the long run.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006, 10:05:35 PM »
Good for you, gtbro.  I will say to anyone that does drink over the legal limit and drive, tolerence in this country is going way down and the penalties are just going to get harsher and harsher.  A guy just got convicted of murder in ny, not the typical manslaughter....so be careful or simply don't drink and drive.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006, 07:15:47 AM »
I think what he means is, When he is at .10 bac he does not appear as drunk as someone who does not drink that often. If you are drunk every day,you function better in that state than a casual drinker. Him at .10 is still drunk,but he can likely stand up and walk and talk to you,however someone who rarely drinks,and is  at .10 will be stumbling around and can barely talk. I do not think he is "ok" to drive however...just pointing out my interpretation of what he said. We all know that no drunk person will ever admit they are drunk. "I'M FINE" how many times have ya heard that one?

yes but after you crashed into a family minivan, its a little late to find out that maybe you were not as tolerant of the alchohol as you thought...
Flower Boy Ran Away

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006, 08:30:22 AM »
yes but after you crashed into a family minivan, its a little late to find out that maybe you were not as tolerant of the alchohol as you thought...

I never said that being more tolerant made it ok to drive or that it made you any safer than the next drunk.I was only  explaining my interpretation of what HE said.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2006, 01:35:36 PM »
you can drive home drunk 1000 times and not hurt any one .but it only takes one time for that not to happen to ruin your life or take some one elses life.period no if ands or buts .theres no argument that someone that drives drunk can give to a person whos had a loved one killed by a drunk driver that would justify there selfish irresponsible decision to get behind that wheel.
DAWG

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2006, 02:07:47 AM »
you can drive home drunk 1000 times and not hurt any one .but it only takes one time for that not to happen to ruin your life or take some one elses life.period no if ands or buts .theres no argument that someone that drives drunk can give to a person whos had a loved one killed by a drunk driver that would justify there selfish irresponsible decision to get behind that wheel.

Nicely put.

I had to go to a victim impact panel when I was arrested in 1999..If you don't know what that is..It's where people who have lost loved ones to a drunk driver get up and share their story..I can tell you that is the absolute worst feeling I have ever had.It was humiliating to sit there and listen to a man choke back tears while he tells how his daughter and grandchild were killed because some drunk, JUST like me, decided to get behind the wheel. It's a situation I will never put myself in again.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2006, 02:37:28 AM »
Once I lost my driving license for drving under the influence of alcohol, I drank 4 beers, nevertheless it accused on the test! I paid 240 Eur and lost my license for 30 days. Well I had to work so I drove the 30 days without a license  ;D (risk much to high but...).
November (2005) the police was operating in an night clubs area and they told me to stop but I didn't. In February 2006 a process was moved against me , I had to pay 500 Eur and lose my license for 2 months. I sent it back, got 3 witnesses to testify, I wrote a justifying text and I am still waiting to, probably go to Court.
Not the luckiest guy on earth, but I don't like to see cops "robbing" people just for having 2 or  3 drinks. Fucking liberal capitalist system!!! >:(
S

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2006, 02:41:14 AM »
Once I lost my driving license for drving under the influence of alcohol, I drank 4 beers, nevertheless it accused on the test! I paid 240 Eur and lost my license for 30 days. Well I had to work so I drove the 30 days without a license  ;D (risk much to high but...).
November (2005) the police was operating in an night clubs area and they told me to stop but I didn't. In February 2006 a process was moved against me , I had to pay 500 Eur and lose my license for 2 months. I sent it back, got 3 witnesses to testify, I wrote a justifying text and I am still waiting to, probably go to Court.
Not the luckiest guy on earth, but I don't like to see cops "robbing" people just for having 2 or  3 drinks. Fucking liberal capitalist system!!! >:(

Most people hate to see drunks "robbing" people of their lives just because they had a few drinks.

Hope this helps. ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2006, 04:06:59 AM »
iv seen a video were a professional nascar driver went threw an obstacle course completly sober,he did great and didnt hit any of the red cones they had set up.then they had him drink 4 beers and drive threw it agin at the same speed,he knocked down a coupl of the cones(not many)but he did hit 2 or 3.then they did a blood alcohol and he tested under the legal limit that was considered safe to drive.so basicly he was not drunk just barely buzzed,it showed that even just a few drinks slow your reaction time down.and when your driving a couple 1000 pound car sometimes at high speed,that loss of reaction time may make the diffrence in life or death.
DAWG

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2006, 04:56:16 AM »
iv seen a video were a professional nascar driver went threw an obstacle course completly sober,he did great and didnt hit any of the red cones they had set up.then they had him drink 4 beers and drive threw it agin at the same speed,he knocked down a coupl of the cones(not many)but he did hit 2 or 3.then they did a blood alcohol and he tested under the legal limit that was considered safe to drive.so basicly he was not drunk just barely buzzed,it showed that even just a few drinks slow your reaction time down.and when your driving a couple 1000 pound car sometimes at high speed,that loss of reaction time may make the diffrence in life or death.
I am not a Nascar Pilot nor have I cones on the street to test me. I am no street racer.
S

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2006, 07:03:11 AM »
Anyone hits my family and is DUI is in for some major Fu#@ing pain....
Most are all show no go!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2006, 05:48:08 AM »
I am not a Nascar Pilot nor have I cones on the street to test me. I am no street racer.

no thers no cones on the street.................. ..just people!!!!! fuckin moron
DAWG

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2006, 04:14:22 PM »

no thers no cones on the street.................. ..just people!!!!! fuckin moron

You can't fix stupid...stop trying.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »
Agreed
DAWG