Author Topic: Big Lee - New Deadlift record - Critique if you want.  (Read 3348 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Big Lee - New Deadlift record - Critique if you want.
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2006, 11:23:36 AM »
Are you familiar with the color code of those olympic barbell plates? You should be, because yellow plates are usually for 15 kilos per plate.

50 kg  = green = 110lb
25 kg  = red = 55lb
20 kg = blue = 44lb
15 kg = yellow = 33lb
10 kg = black = 22lb
10<kg = black

Almost every manufacturer in the world uses these color codes, so if the plate is yellow, it weights 15 kilos/33lb.

This is correct...

i've seen guys pull 675 for reps and the bar bends completely different...it also depends on the bar.

i doubt that is 675 but whatever...those were not correct lifts for a competition.

Decent strength anyway.

8)

The Heckler

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 11:27:22 AM »

This is correct...

i've seen guys pull 675 for reps and the bar bends completely different...it also depends on the bar.

i doubt that is 675 but whatever...those were not correct lifts for a competition.

Decent strength anyway.

8)

haha lee=monster bullshitter about his lifts  he's up there with intenseone the world bench press record holder

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 12:35:33 PM »
if you're right, that makes the lift 507 which is incredibly less impressive.
Well, it is quite a load for a little knob like he is. Still, it would be more impressive if he didn't try to fake it to be more than it is. In this forum is only few guys who really can pull more than that, most of the dudes in here are just a teenagers trying to look tough.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 12:38:01 PM »
Well, it is quite a load for a little knob like he is. Still, it would be more impressive if he didn't try to fake it to be more than it is. In this forum is only few guys who really can pull more than that, most of the dudes in here are just a teenagers trying to look tough.

There are also many guys in here that warm up with 495...

8)

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 12:57:31 PM »
Sorry to mislead anyone, they are 33lb plates.  They gym only has 8 x 20lb plates so I use the 33lb ones.  I wasnt trying to scam anyone.  I call that 520lb.  I never said it was more. It just looked cool to me.  ONce again, I wasnt trying to mislead, I just logged on and saw that people think it was 675lb.  I have posted in other places saying it was 500+.  I know everyone else could do it easy, it is just a good lift for me.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 01:42:48 PM »
all right, at least you're honest about it.

anyway, work your lockout hard man. you've got a lot of power off the floor but that last two inches seems to fail for you. bands if you can get them, rack lockouts otherwise. take your max or a little under and do a few sets of 5-6 (never max out on lockouts, trust me on that).

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 02:12:46 PM »
all right, at least you're honest about it.

anyway, work your lockout hard man. you've got a lot of power off the floor but that last two inches seems to fail for you. bands if you can get them, rack lockouts otherwise. take your max or a little under and do a few sets of 5-6 (never max out on lockouts, trust me on that).
I think the lockout was fine, some bend in the knees though, actually he bends too far back, no need for that if bodybuilding. I think it can cause low back injury. He isn't trying to demonstrate complete lockout to a PL judge so just locking out by standing straight is enough.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 02:19:04 PM »
I think the lockout was fine, some bend in the knees though, actually he bends too far back, no need for that if bodybuilding. I think it can cause low back injury. He isn't trying to demonstrate complete lockout to a PL judge so just locking out by standing straight is enough.

if you're bodybuilding, then, why max out at all? it's not going to help.