Author Topic: Elbow  (Read 2598 times)

Drij

• Getbig IV
Elbow
« on: December 21, 2006, 05:22:07 PM »
My elbow has been irritating me lately. Not even when I work out. Its right at the bottom of my humorous bone. Like say if you put your finger behind the tip of your elbow half and inch. It sometimes makes a cracking sound when doing barbell curls or anything with a constant supinated grip then when I rotate it back to my side there is some pain.

What could I do? What is it?

Drij

• Getbig IV
Re: Elbow
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:26:31 AM »
nobody?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 07:57:10 PM »
Here's just a couple things I found...I hope they can help in some way....

(from healthcentral.com)
Elbow Tendinitis

Elbow tendinitis affects the lateral epicondyle and the medial epicondyle. The lateral epicondyle is the outside bony portion of the elbow where the large tendons attach to the elbow from the muscles of the forearm. When strained, this is called lateral epicondylitis or "tennis elbow."

Tennis elbow results in pain over the outside of the elbow with flexion (bending down) or extension (bending up) of the wrist and tenderness, warmth and swelling of the affected area. The treatment for tennis elbow includes ice packs, resting the elbow, anti-inflammatory medications (such as aspirin, naproxen (Naprosyn), diclofenac (Voltaren) and Motrin) and bracing the elbow. Injecting cortisone and a local anesthetic into the area surrounding the tendon usually provides substantial relief within 24 to 72 hours.

Some patients with severe or refractory symptoms may require operative treatment. The surgical procedure will remove any scar tissue that has been accumulating after years of overuse, as well as any rough bones. The surgeon will then repair the torn tendon.

The medial epicondyle is the point when the tendons of the forearm attach to the bony prominence of the inner elbow. Straining of this tendon is called medial epicondylitis or "golfer's elbow". Symptoms of golfer's elbow include local pain and tenderness over the inner elbow. The treatment for golfer's elbow includes ice packs, resting the elbow, anti-inflammatory medications (such as aspirin, naproxen (Naprosyn), diclofenac (Voltaren) and Motrin) and bracing the elbow. Injecting cortisone and a local anesthetic into the area surrounding the tendon usually provides substantial relief within 24 to 72 hours.

also you may want to look at:

http://www.medicinenet.com/elbow_pain/article.htm
R

Bast175

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 11:21:15 AM »
wrap it tight and ice it.