Author Topic: DHEA: Who takes it, how's it work for ya.  (Read 2698 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
DHEA: Who takes it, how's it work for ya.
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:22:28 AM »
I've read independant research on dhea.  Who uses it.  I'm thinkin on taking it.
How has it worked for ya?
Most are all show no go!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: DHEA: Who takes it, how's it work for ya.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 06:48:07 AM »
I asked my dr. here recently about it and he informed me that he used to compete regularly and did use for a few years. He asked me what I was taking because of my high blood pressure and the fact that I told him I was a lifter and told him dhea, tribulus, and protein.  He said the trib and protein work fine but all dhea was was hype and it's been proven in both the lab and from personal use according to him. I wouldn't hurt to buy some and try it until the bottle runs out. I do know it's very inexpensive.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 04:50:13 PM »
I asked my dr. here recently about it and he informed me that he used to compete regularly and did use for a few years. He asked me what I was taking because of my high blood pressure and the fact that I told him I was a lifter and told him dhea, tribulus, and protein.  He said the trib and protein work fine but all dhea was was hype and it's been proven in both the lab and from personal use according to him. I wouldn't hurt to buy some and try it until the bottle runs out. I do know it's very inexpensive.

Exactly how much DHEA is supposed to work? Most of the over-the-counter bottles of the stuff come in capsules of 25 or 50 mg. Bill Phillips, in his Sports Supplement Review - 3rd issue (1997), claimed that ".....if  you use 200 mg/day and don't 'feel it', you ain't gonna---at any dosage"

How much DHEA changes to androstendione? We know about 6% of andro changes to testosterone in the body.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 05:42:52 AM »
Cool and thanks.  It's worth spending the $20 for a couple bottles.  Its the best thing that I've read that at least has a chance of converting to test.
Most are all show no go!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 06:25:11 AM »
Cool and thanks.  It's worth spending the $20 for a couple bottles.  Its the best thing that I've read that at least has a chance of converting to test.

best thing about DHEA is it converts to both estrogen and testosteron.

ABSOLUTELY worthless. Better eat more broccoli and healthy fish.  ;D

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 09:34:25 AM »
best thing about DHEA is it converts to both estrogen and testosteron.

ABSOLUTELY worthless. Better eat more broccoli and healthy fish.  ;D

Impossible, I eat only broccoli, spinich and fish...
Most are all show no go!

Exal

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 01:49:47 PM »
DHEA combined with DHT =  ;D

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 10:06:20 AM »
DHEA combined with DHT =  ;D

That could =STEN
Most are all show no go!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 08:52:05 AM »

Try using it with DHB.  DHB is a supplement enhancer which will make 50 mils of dhea seem like your using 200mg.  Not many people know what DHB is, so give a goggle.  It works.  Never mind, I did. ;D

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ids/dhb.html
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 04:04:38 PM »
I have heard of people using an AI(aromatase inhibitor) with their DHEA in order to prevent the conversion of it to estrogen.  I am not sure if DHEA becomes estrogen via aromatase, but if it does this would make the AI approach at least intriguing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 05:02:30 PM »
Try using it with DHB.  DHB is a supplement enhancer which will make 50 mils of dhea seem like your using 200mg.  Not many people know what DHB is, so give a goggle.  It works.  Never mind, I did. ;D

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ids/dhb.html

But, is 200 mg of DHEA (or 50 mg with this enhancer) enough to, as Bill Phillips said, "feel it"? Again, we know that about 6% of androstendione turns into testosterone. What percentage of DHEA turns into andro?