Author Topic: DURING Wourkout Shake  (Read 1893 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
DURING Wourkout Shake
« on: December 19, 2006, 04:33:28 AM »
Anyone subscribe to the dextr/bcaa/whey mix (diluted) during your rouitne with just a solid food source post....wondering about your thoughts an opinions....

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: DURING Wourkout Shake
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 05:11:59 AM »
Anyone subscribe to the dextr/bcaa/whey mix (diluted) during your rouitne with just a solid food source post....wondering about your thoughts an opinions....

over on the natural board there's a thread titled "adonis, do you think this guy is natural" or something like that....on the last page the guy they're talking about talks about the shakes he takes pre, during and post workout...the guy is totally shredded so check that out, it seems like good information.

I know trooponin suggests shakes during workout-or at least I believe he does and if I'm wrong I'm sorry-and he's gotten a ton of guys into shape at the national level.
nasser=piece of shit

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32:37 AM »
I cannot stomach a shake when im training or before for that matter makes me puke!!!!

What are the reasons for a "during" workout shake?

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »

I would be concerned with spiking insulin during the workout with dextrose because the resulting energy crash would potentially occur during the workout.  However, I see no problem with consuming whey and bcaa, minus the dextrose, during the workout.

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 05:52:37 AM »
Personally, I think that if you are working out long enough to need food in the middle of the workout, your workout is taking too long.

My $0.02.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 10:53:33 AM »
just have your post w/o shake ready for as soon as your done, and you should be good to go.
Aint a hobby, way of Life

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »
the only time i have a shake during the workout is if i have to do cardio also....then i would take some fast acting whey n some bcaas...still have my pwo shake ready with the dextose/malto or waixy maize.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 04:41:26 AM »
what do you subscribe to post formula wise?  60/40?

How about pretraining?

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 04:46:25 AM »
I cannot stomach a shake when im training or before for that matter makes me puke!!!!

What are the reasons for a "during" workout shake?

ta ta
To seize the "anabolic window" created by the test increase. I never take any shake before and during a workout, because I don't want to create an insulin peak, it reduces strength, mostly due to the simple carbs!
S

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 09:09:53 AM »
Champion has a nice little product called Amino Shooter.  Its a creatine drink with essential amino acids.  Nice to sip during the workout.  Taking amino acids during workouts was an old school thing done during the Arnold era, but they used to take a hand full of those hoarse pills an hour, this is a punch flavored drink.  Not bad, if you feel you need something to keep you fulled during training.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 11:05:01 AM »
It also has a little caffeine thrown in for a boost.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 06:27:39 AM »
Stidues have shown that if you wokout/exercise less than an hr a "during workout shake is useless", if you pla on over an hr where you are truly using glycogen stores then yes defiitely take one.