Author Topic: Yuri Vlasov the idol of Arnold Shwarzzgn ( can't spell )  (Read 24444 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Yuri Vlasov the idol of Arnold Shwarzzgn ( can't spell )
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2006, 08:28:01 AM »
hahahaha, you're just sticking up for them because two of them are skinny Russian geeks like you.

haha and you must be the one that came in third!
just push some weight!

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2006, 08:34:54 AM »
hahahahaha, look at those three dorks.

Gee gollies Squadfather, methinks that the 479 lbs. these mighty MEN lifted OVERHEAD, 42 looong years ago, would be a HEAVY deadlift for you TODAY, particularly w/o a deadlift suit!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2006, 08:41:32 AM »
Gee gollies Squadfather, methinks that the 479 lbs. these mighty MEN lifted OVERHEAD, 42 looong years ago, would be a HEAVY deadlift for you TODAY, particularly w/o a deadlift suit!
hahahaha, i don't give a shit if they clean and jerked a car, they still look like geeks who couldn't get laid in a whorehouse.

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2006, 09:38:08 AM »
Richard, there's a possibility that I might be visiting Kiev in the next few months. If I get a chance I'll see if I can get Vlasov's book(s). I saw a book about gardening by Alexeev the last time I was there (yes, that Alexeev).

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2006, 10:24:42 AM »
irongame.com had a few vidsw of yuri benching 400lbs plus for reps and squatting 400 for reps too i think ass to grass.

at 260plus lbs he could do a true 1arm chins for reps. also read about Yuri he is an interesting character

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2006, 02:23:18 PM »
hahahaha, i don't give a shit if they clean and jerked a car, they still look like geeks who couldn't get laid in a whorehouse.

Yeah, your right Squadfather!

Us former/current guys with an Olympic weightlifting background keep forgettin' that to a lot of you BBers it is more important what your body LOOKS like rather than what you can DO with your body...or, the body's health...or, it's longevity!

And, I also keep forgetting that the lean, muscular, Olympic weightlifters' ATHLETIC physiques with their tremendous developed CORE body strength (and whose size is controlled by several weight classes and RIGOROUS drug-testing!) that you call "geeks" actually look like NORMAL human beings. 
As a result, these magnificent Olympic weightlifting ATHLETES were/are "light-years removed" from the bald-headed, drug-bloated, "dead-men-walking", pro. IFBB BB pharmaceutical FREAKS that you worship/admire...and which stagger around on a BB stage competing in their "sport"...what is this "sport" called...a "waddling contest"!??

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2006, 02:37:36 PM »
Richard, there's a possibility that I might be visiting Kiev in the next few months. If I get a chance I'll see if I can get Vlasov's book(s). I saw a book about gardening by Alexeev the last time I was there (yes, that Alexeev).

Casey, I would love to get a copy of any one of Vlasov's book(s).  I believe some have been translated to English. 

I saw one advertised on eBay some months back along with a mag. article written by Vlasov on his lifting career and really REGRET not purchasing it/them at the time.

Yes, I too recall reading that one of the GREAT Vasili Alexeev's hobbies was gardening!?

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2006, 02:58:06 PM »
irongame.com had a few vidsw of yuri benching 400lbs plus for reps and squatting 400 for reps too i think ass to grass.

at 260plus lbs he could do a true 1arm chins for reps. also read about Yuri he is an interesting character

Like John Davis, Norbert Schemansky and Dave Ashman, Yuri Vlasov had a relatively trim athletic physique for a heavyweight/superheavyweight Olympic weightlifter of that era. 

These trim, athletic, physiques were great role models to aspiring Olympic weightlifters (and BBers interested in athletic strength) of that era and were in stark contrast to the large-waisted physiques of other Olympic heavyweights/superheavyweights of that era (e.g. Anderson, Hepburn, Bradford, and Medvedyev).

I recall reading articles written by (and about) Vlasov's training routines, in the early 60's, where he incorporated extensive abdominal exercises and running into his workouts...quite a novel approach for a heavyweight/superheavyweight Olympic weightlifter in those days!!

theonlyone

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2006, 02:19:02 AM »
Thats very impressing. The feat that I doubt Jay Cutler would ever do.