Author Topic: Internet Anonymity  (Read 12233 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Internet Anonymity
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2006, 07:13:24 PM »
hahahah, yes !!!!!  walking around the gym annoying everyone who doesn't want to talk to him, then putting his mp3 on and acting like he is all fired up doing his hunched over 70 pound pushdowns, INTENSE !!!!!!!

I love how all of these beasts have to put "big" in their screename hahahahahaha
gayer than watching lifetime network

hahahahaha, exactly, he's probably always bragging about his "500 pound bench press" but every time you see him in the gym he's got 135 on the bar with a ten pound chain on each side and he says, "this is my explosive day", hahahaha, gayer than Watergate.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2006, 07:26:12 PM »
hahahahaha, exactly, he's probably always bragging about his "500 pound bench press" but every time you see him in the gym he's got 135 on the bar with a ten pound chain on each side and he says, "this is my explosive day", hahahaha, gayer than Watergate.
yes !!!!!!   hahaha, exactly!!!!!!!!

The type of guy who never misses a day in the gym and then when he goes to a club, in his size M lycra blend shirt, when someone who isn't sure asks him if he works out, he starts off with the "I haven't been in awhile, I blew out my shoulder, I use to bench 400, I use to have 20 inch arms, I use to, I use to, I use to...hahahhaha

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2006, 08:55:32 PM »
What does everyone think would happen to GetBig if users could not be anonymous?

Like, if you talked sh*t to someone, and they actually knew who you are or could easily find out?

To me it seems a bit one-sided for an internet biatch to take shots at someone/training concept, etc. just because they know that they cannot be called out for it.

What do my GetBig brothers and sisters think?

Oh, and if any internet biatches want to flame my question, feel free to do so.

BPK

Suck my balls
Ron: "I am lazy."

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2006, 11:38:54 PM »
hahahahaha, you forgot the fanny pack filled with insulin needles and "posing session" contacts.
what's up cumstain?

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2006, 07:54:39 AM »
1 far fewer outrageous training poundage claims
2 far fewer racist remarks
3 no open discussions on "gear"
4 The gay post would have far fewer views and replies
5 trash talking/bullshit threat's of violence would drop by about 70%
...I could go on and on!  ;D

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2006, 10:02:56 AM »

6 The end of the squad    ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »

GetBig's hits, and the resulting transfer of great industry ideas and information, would also plummet.

And some kid would have to go start another getbig to replace the one which suddenly lost all its appeal.

Anonymity is good here.  You know what you're getting into here - if people don't like it, they can start their own board where everyone posts name, etc.  But it sure won't be risky, entertianing, informative, or sustainable.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2006, 10:52:24 AM »
GetBig's hits, and the resulting transfer of great industry ideas and information, would also plummet.

And some kid would have to go start another getbig to replace the one which suddenly lost all its appeal.

Anonymity is good here.  You know what you're getting into here - if people don't like it, they can start their own board where everyone posts name, etc.  But it sure won't be risky, entertianing, informative, or sustainable.
If everyone posted under their real names...first and last it would be WORSE than Mayhem here.

Think about a forum with hundreds of Michael Arvillas posting. I like Mike and I aint disrespecting him but he isnt known for anything but posting pics of himself and being very 'Mayhem-like' with...all the pros. Most of his posts are very sugar-coated and sweet. That's okay once in a while but if you like drama and truth and in your face type of attitude...Getbig must stay the way it is.

I do believe there is a secret undergroudn organization that is out to make Getbig very Mayhem-like. I believe Mr.Intenseone is the founder of the sect out to destroy the creativity, brashness and boldness which what makes getbig so beloved and hated and popular.

If that ever happens...I call on the GREAT 240 to start his own forum called 'GetHuge' or 'GetBigR' or something. he has enough juice to get all the heavyhitters from here to rebel and flip.
?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2006, 12:24:43 PM »
If everyone posted under their real names...first and last it would be WORSE than Mayhem here.

Think about a forum with hundreds of Michael Arvillas posting. I like Mike and I aint disrespecting him but he isnt known for anything but posting pics of himself and being very 'Mayhem-like' with...all the pros. Most of his posts are very sugar-coated and sweet. That's okay once in a while but if you like drama and truth and in your face type of attitude...Getbig must stay the way it is.

I do believe there is a secret undergroudn organization that is out to make Getbig very Mayhem-like. I believe Mr.Intenseone is the founder of the sect out to destroy the creativity, brashness and boldness which what makes getbig so beloved and hated and popular.

If that ever happens...I call on the GREAT 240 to start his own forum called 'GetHuge' or 'GetBigR' or something. he has enough juice to get all the heavyhitters from here to rebel and flip.

I agree. I respect Intensone for his experience in this industry and all that....but he can't take a joke and is very closed minded.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2006, 12:38:25 PM »
   I agree. I respect Intensone for his experience in this industry and all that....but he can't take a joke and is very closed minded.

This is the problem I have with some folks.....I'm really not much different online as I am in person.   In person I'm a bit more reserved initially, but once I get to know folks I don't hold back (even right up front I'm far less reserved than most).   If you're acting like a little bitch, I'll call you a little bitch.   It's all harmless ribbing....at least I feel it should be labeled as harmless, but some folks are way too "hurt" or close-minded by negative comments or good-natured insults (is that any oxymoron?).  Those folks I wouldn't end up becoming friends with anyway.....the anonymity allows me to cut to the chase.   People open up a lot quicker online than they do in person (at least I that's my experience).   You can cut through the crap easier online; still, I prefer a traditional social setting to nurture friendships, but with that it takes a lotta time and sometimes you've invested a lotta time before you find out your really not compatible with someone.   No, I wouldn't approach a stranger and call him a f'aggot right off the bat, but online I can cut to chase and find out quickly if someone can take it or not (those that can become quick friends)....I don't take that approach with everyone online, but if I sense someone can take I will.       

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2006, 12:46:11 PM »
 Yep. Lots of people on Getbig cannot take a joke and have NO sense of humor. Know what els? Lots of people in the industry have super fragile egos.

We all know the WHOLE entire industry reads THIS board daily. Getbig is the closest and most detailed look at the audience this industry serves.

When someone in this industry gets their feelings hurt they right away get frantic and call Ron.

Ron being the type of kid who wants to make peace and keep a good name as he loves this industry sicks his moderators on the 'perpetrator' and after a while the boards get watered down and starts to feel like Mayhem. (Bad thing)

Our mission is to keep this place as is by any means necessary. I believe if people like Mr. Intenseone and others suceed into making this place as soft as baby shit like Mayhem then it would be our RIGHT, it would be OUR duty to overthrow such tyrannical government and take this forum back. Even if Ron Himself has to be overthrown...by any means necessary.  
?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2006, 12:54:23 PM »
Yep. Lots of people on Getbig cannot take a joke and have NO sense of humor. Know what els? Lots of people in the industry have super fragile egos.

We all know the WHOLE entire industry reads THIS board daily. Getbig is the closest and most detailed look at the audience this industry serves.

When someone in this industry gets their feelings hurt they right away get frantic and call Ron.

Ron being the type of kid who wants to make peace and keep a good name as he loves this industry sicks his moderators on the 'perpetrator' and after a while the boards get watered down and starts to feel like Mayhem. (Bad thing)

Our mission is to keep this place as is by any means necessary. I believe if people like Mr. Intenseone and others suceed into making this place as soft as baby shit like Mayhem then it would be our RIGHT, it would be OUR duty to overthrow such tyrannical government and take this forum back. Even if Ron Himself has to be overthrown...by any means necessary.  

Your post count is getting to high for my liking, you should increase the post counts of your gimmicks.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2006, 12:58:13 PM »

No doubt this is the case.....some got into bb cause they were teased as kids, lousy with the ladies or tired of being the skinny geek.   Most often these worldclass physiques are derived from two types of people: natural athletes that excel at everything and just gave bb a try cause some old burnt at the gym told em, "hey kid you look good but you could be huuuuuge if you wanted" and the natural loser that got tired of getting shit kicked in his/her face.....years of torment are hard to erase for some ~ even worldclass bbs that look indestructible can be broken down with a couple quick sentences.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2006, 01:00:12 PM »
TBH, are you sure you aren't sarcasm?

...anyhow, anonymity is over-rated sometimes. Especially when it doesn't really matter -- ie. a bbing msg board. If this were something serious (politics, business, etc) and you wanted to vent, then yea it's definitely important. But Kamali knowing that 240 is Rob and Rob ripping Kamali a new one eod...is a non-issue imo.

True.

Ron Himself told me if I posted under my full name like Arvilla does then he wouldnt have arrested me for my comments on Hany.

'sarcasm' is not my gimmick. My gimmick accounts are 240 is Back, Special'davidpaul'Ed and david'SpecialEd'paul.
?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2006, 01:00:50 PM »

I used to post on GOTFINA.COM 3 or 4 years ago before it shut down.(the owner died,it is up again but don't know who runs it)That board was cool if you wanted to learn about tren....but that's about it.Forget any kind of "entertainment".They had a "NO FLAME" policy and they would enforce it. I have enough problems and stress in my life as it is...especially at work. I work nights and Usually when I am on here it is 3 am and I have just gotten home from 10-12 hours of hard work and  headache.This place is cool the way it is because of the layed back attitude and the juvenile jokes and insults. I have traded insults with just about every member of the squad and I can tell you never once did I consider it anything more than just good fun. I think Kiwiol said in a post once that this place lets him forget about "real life" and act like the boy he is at heart.. ...I agree.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2006, 01:16:36 PM »
True.

Ron Himself told me if I posted under my full name like Arvilla does then he wouldnt have arrested me for my comments on Hany.

'sarcasm' is not my gimmick. My gimmick accounts are 240 is Back, Special'davidpaul'Ed and david'SpecialEd'paul.

you are MY gimmick, get that straight "blockhead" ::)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2006, 01:20:33 PM »
you are MY gimmick, get that straight "blockhead" ::)
Hi BlockHead!

garreth. You think my writing style and sarcasms are similiar? I thought you liked my skillz...

Sf is funny but I wouldn't say he is exactly a talented writer as in raw ability to write.

SpecialEd is...that's my 3rd gimmick.
?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2006, 02:49:18 PM »
Not your writing style, just your opinions are generally similar, and the fact that you said you met him (it's easy to meet him if it's you). Plus, if you're a talented writer, you can modify your tone/voice enough to sound fairly different...we've already seen you do that with your ebonics writing, etc.

So if you're really SpecialEd, what was the main subject of our conversation the last time you called me?

your mom.

OH SNAP SON!!!!11

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »
Not your writing style, just your opinions are generally similar, and the fact that you said you met him (it's easy to meet him if it's you). Plus, if you're a talented writer, you can modify your tone/voice enough to sound fairly different...we've already seen you do that with your ebonics writing, etc.

So if you're really SpecialEd, what was the main subject of our conversation the last time you called me?
Very much true. I never personally MET Sf/sarcasm in person. I know people who know him in Chicagoland, I know what highschool he graduated from and where he works.

Maybe it's Midwest born and bred humor. I don't know.

SpecialEd is my 4th gimmick account. We spoke about MD radio and the inner politics of that and possibly going 'freelance' and entrepenuer.
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2006, 03:30:45 PM »
Oh.

And heh, you're a penis (j/k). I was PMing both [sic] of you at one time saying to try and get published in a magazine cuz you both [sic] wrote really well. Duh  ::) Shoulda told me dingus.  ;D
I know. You told me this a while back. I have a knack. Lots of people told me this as I moderate on another forum that's basically Chicago-based. I've gotten e-mails from people simply telling me I should tried to get PAID for this.

I don't know how to approach it. Just today 'Jr.Yates' PM'd me and told me I should be writing for some BB publication or website because my posts and writings are so fun to read.

I'm not as good as SpecialEd(my gimmick account) but he's different than I am. As of now I'm just going to sort of re-invent 'TheBlockHead' character for the New Year and try to be nice as I realize all the time how small a world it is and how much smaller and tight-knit this industry is. I can't afford to burn bridges or make any more enemies. You feel me? 
?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2006, 03:35:33 PM »
I know. You told me this a while back. I have a knack. Lots of people told me this as I moderate on another forum that's basically Chicago-based. I've gotten e-mails from people simply telling me I should tried to get PAID for this.

I don't know how to approach it. Just today 'Jr.Yates' PM'd me and told me I should be writing for some BB publication or website because my posts and writings are so fun to read.

I'm not as good as SpecialEd(my gimmick account) but he's different than I am. As of now I'm just going to sort of re-invent 'TheBlockHead' character for the New Year and try to be nice as I realize all the time how small a world it is and how much smaller and tight-knit this industry is. I can't afford to burn bridges or make any more enemies. You feel me? 

you should put some more effort into this gimmick.

I think im becoming to 2 dimensional, you need to give me some more depth.

Food for thought ni**a.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2006, 03:39:10 PM »
What does everyone think would happen to GetBig if users could not be anonymous?

Like, if you talked sh*t to someone, and they actually knew who you are or could easily find out?

To me it seems a bit one-sided for an internet biatch to take shots at someone/training concept, etc. just because they know that they cannot be called out for it.

What do my GetBig brothers and sisters think?

Oh, and if any internet biatches want to flame my question, feel free to do so.

BPK

most of these kids wouldn't say a thing in real life, confronted with the real big people they are talking to
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion