Author Topic: Baath party threatens to retaliate  (Read 2470 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Baath party threatens to retaliate
« on: December 27, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »
Seems they're going to create an even bigger shitstorm and create a Martyr of Saddam which means the idiot will be forever glorified rather than just forgotten a broken old man in exile.  Brilliant... and you know georgie pushed for this through back channels. ::)

BY SHAFIKA MATTAR, Associated Press Writer
Wed Dec 27, 8:14 AM ET

AMMAN, Jordan -        Saddam Hussein's Baath Party threatened Wednesday to retaliate if the ousted Iraqi leader is executed, warning in an Internet posting it would target U.S. interests anywhere.

The statement appeared on a Web site known to represent the party, which was disbanded after U.S.-led forces overthrew Saddam in 2003. The site is believed to be run from Yemen, where several exiled Baathists are based.

On Tuesday,        Iraq's highest court rejected Saddam's appeal against a conviction and death sentence for the killing of 148 people who were detained after an attempt to assassinate in Dujail, northern Iraq, in 1982. The court said the former president should be hanged within 30 days.

"Our party warns again of the consequences of executing Mr. President and his comrades," the statement said.

"The Baath and the resistance are determined to retaliate, with all means and everywhere, to harm America and its interests if it commits this crime," the statement added, referring to Baath fighters as "the resistance."

"The American administration will be held responsible for any harm inflicted on the president because the United States is the decision-maker (in Iraq) and not the puppet Iraqi government."

The statement said that if the execution takes place, it would be impossible for the Baath to take part in any prospective negotiations with U.S. and Iraqi officials to reduce the violence in Iraq.

Saddam's defense lawyers, who are based in Amman, called on Arab governments and the        United Nations to intervene to stop the execution.

"Otherwise, all may be participating in what is going on, either actually or due to their silence in face of the crimes, which are being committed in Iraq in the name of democracy," the lawyers said in a statement in English that was e-mailed to The Associated Press bureau.

The statement, signed by "the Defense Committee for President Saddam Hussein," said the court's rejection of Saddam's appeal was part of the "continued shedding of pure Iraqi blood by the current regime in Iraq, which (is) directly connected with the American occupation."

sandycoosworth

Re: Baath party threatens to retaliate
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 12:45:07 PM »
im joining forces with the baath party on this bold new initiative

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 01:05:52 PM »
lol ;D I won't go that far but good luck with that, I'll promise to delete your beheading video if someone posts it :D

sandycoosworth

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »
I'll promise to delete your beheading video

NAZIS WITH BUTTONS

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 01:26:45 PM »
be careful sandycoosworth, saying something like this would be enough nowadays to get your ass sent to cuba as an 'enemy combatant'

sandycoosworth

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 01:32:49 PM »
in canada we can say whatever the fuck we want :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:39:54 PM »
NAZIS WITH BUTTONS
It's about the only thing I will delete you fucking twit so be thankfull.  Plus it's from Ron so if you have a bitch about the deletion of beheading vids take it to him. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »
perhaps knny could make the beheading an avatar so sandycoosworth could start threads applauding your no-beheading clip policy, all while displaying the image.

and we all know the mare sect violence in Iraq, the longer we get to park our trucks there while we build that sexy oil pipeline.

Who was it yesterday that said yes, we would be in Iraq for a long, long time.  it surprised me... shit, escapes me...

sandycoosworth

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »
Plus it's from Ron so if you have a bitch about the deletion of beheading vids take it to him. ;D

KYKE NAZIS WITH BUTTONS ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »
You're all yacking at the wrong person... I pushed hard to get a board where we could post to our hearts content without some fuck merging threads or deleting them.  The beheading rule was already so in General so you're more free here now, so all you all, STFU.