Author Topic: Is your Spouse or signifigant other your Financial Opposite?  (Read 2585 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Is your Spouse or signifigant other your Financial Opposite?
« on: January 04, 2007, 05:05:50 AM »
Meaning do you spend alot and he/she is conservative and watches their money wisely. Or are you eqaul in terms spending or saving money?
And do you notice that the people date, may be your financial opposites...

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: Is your Spouse or signifigant other your Financial Opposite?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:28:13 AM »
Speaking strictly for myself... being with someone who is the financial polar opposite is a good thing, especially since am the kind of person who, when I love something that I don't need, but see it's 50% off, I HAVE to have it because "I'm saving money, not spending it."  Also, you can learn to improve your spending habits, when encouraged by someone who is more conservative.  At the same time, there's nothing worse than a cheap person (male or female).  If someone is unwilling to be generous with friends, s/o, etc... really, how much room in their hearts is there, after all the counting of pennies is done.  Cheap people always seem to be the self-absorbed ones.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 09:07:06 AM »
it's 50% off, I HAVE to have it because "I'm saving money,

This makes absolute sense to me. ;D

My husband and I spend equally freely, and normally we are purchasing things that are for both of us.  Although I do buy clothing a lot more often than him but he buys running shoes a lot more often than me.

As for stingy people, I would not be able to be with someone who did not tip well.  I have a friend that does not tip well so when we dine out, I grab the check everytime so I know the server doesn't get hosed.
R

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 09:10:36 AM »
Meaning do you spend alot and he/she is conservative and watches their money wisely. Or are you eqaul in terms spending or saving money?
And do you notice that the people date, may be your financial opposites...

We both spend...he more than me.  I am the financial person in the marriage... so I handle all of the bills, investments accts, and bank accts.  So I keep an eye on where it all goes.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 09:32:49 AM »
The reason why I askedis because there I have been dating this woman on and off, and I used to spend a lot, epecially on her. Well, she has noticed that I have curb backed considerably on my spending. She on the other hand has to have the lastest and greatest. Manolo's, D&C, etc.  I just figured that if I don't really need it, it is better to discipline myself to save and to put money into things that can appreciate in value.

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »
The reason why I askedis because there I have been dating this woman on and off, and I used to spend a lot, epecially on her. Well, she has noticed that I have curb backed considerably on my spending. She on the other hand has to have the lastest and greatest. Manolo's, D&C, etc.  I just figured that if I don't really need it, it is better to discipline myself to save and to put money into things that can appreciate in value.

I hope she is worth it.  While there is nothing wrong with a "high maintence" woman, there needs to be discipline on your spending as well as hers.  If this is a long time girl for you...she could have you broke, or failing your own financial future...QUICK.  Obviously she pays attention if she has seen your decline in spending.  That should not be an issue with her or you!   If she likes "the best material things", she should be making the dough to sustain her OWN wants, and appreciating YOU for buying her things when YOU want to!

I may be the minority here when it comes to material things....but I prefer comfort to a brand name.  While I love nice things...I don't feel the need to parade brand names or be uncomfortable inorder to wear a name.  My closet consists of everything from Guess and Express to D&G and Prada.  Honestly, they are all the same to me.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 12:16:08 PM »
I hope she is worth it.  While there is nothing wrong with a "high maintence" woman, there needs to be discipline on your spending as well as hers.  If this is a long time girl for you...she could have you broke, or failing your own financial future...QUICK. 

We just date....I like the way Omarosa put it about "high Maintenance" women...They can't maintain it on their own.... And the thing is she is not hurting financially at all.
But exactly, I told her she needs to discipline herself, and one of the reasons why we stopped dating is because I was seeing my money disappear, before I fell into a hole,  and I learned from that. I learned financial discipline, which is not hard when you have physical and mental discipline (thanks getbig). But it seems others are used to spending money like it is water. Just like others are used to eating every type of fast food and wonder why they gain weight. :-\

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:52:56 PM »
We both spend...he more than me.  I am the financial person in the marriage... so I handle all of the bills, investments accts, and bank accts.  So I keep an eye on where it all goes.
What are you doing still here!!  >:(  Go have that baby!!!

:-*
:D Weee

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 01:17:33 PM »
We just date....I like the way Omarosa put it about "high Maintenance" women...They can't maintain it on their own.... And the thing is she is not hurting financially at all.
But exactly, I told her she needs to discipline herself, and one of the reasons why we stopped dating is because I was seeing my money disappear, before I fell into a hole,  and I learned from that. I learned financial discipline, which is not hard when you have physical and mental discipline (thanks getbig). But it seems others are used to spending money like it is water. Just like others are used to eating every type of fast food and wonder why they gain weight. :-\

Good for you P!  Until you are married...look out for #1!!  Ultimataly, what you do now will determine your "later" years.  I would rather spend less now to have a more secure and easier future.  I want to vacation, and relax with my husband later on in life...not worry about where our next house payment will come from.

What are you doing still here!!  >:(  Go have that baby!!!

:-*

I'm trying!!!  I went to the doc yesterday and I am still sealed up!  No dialiation AT ALL!!  She is comfortable, and does not want to leave!  I ,on the other hand, am about to give her the "3 day to vacate" slip!!  We are inducing next friday if she doesn't come on her own.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »
Good for you P!  Until you are married...look out for #1!!  Ultimataly, what you do now will determine your "later" years.  I would rather spend less now to have a more secure and easier future.  I want to vacation, and relax with my husband later on in life...not worry about where our next house payment will come from.

I'm trying!!!  I went to the doc yesterday and I am still sealed up!  No dialiation AT ALL!!  She is comfortable, and does not want to leave!  I ,on the other hand, am about to give her the "3 day to vacate" slip!!  We are inducing next friday if she doesn't come on her own.
Have Bob take you out for a ride on a bumpy road, OR go get a pedicure.  I don't know why, but the pedicure seems to induce a lot of women.  ;)

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »
Have Bob take you out for a ride on a bumpy road, OR go get a pedicure.  I don't know why, but the pedicure seems to induce a lot of women.  ;)

I had one yesterday...even paid for an extra 10 min foot massage.  But NOTHING!!  I vacuumed the house (up and downstairs) today....so hopefully I can trigger something.  I'm still contracting, and they are painful...but nothing is consistant enough to go to L&D.  I even made Bob walk around outside with me last night because it was a full moon (he thinks I'm nuts).

Give me some more ideas. Please  :-[

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 02:38:37 PM »
I had one yesterday...even paid for an extra 10 min foot massage.  But NOTHING!!  I vacuumed the house (up and downstairs) today....so hopefully I can trigger something.  I'm still contracting, and they are painful...but nothing is consistant enough to go to L&D.  I even made Bob walk around outside with me last night because it was a full moon (he thinks I'm nuts).

Just keep doing it. 

btw...ummm sexual stimulation works too!!!!   ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Is your Spouse or significant other your Financial Opposite?
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »
whether i have a girl or not i need someone to keep me in check..

i have a tendency to blow my money quick...

if i'm at a bar i'll end up paying for everyone and buying shots etc etc..i need a girl that'll take my $ away from me..

my ex michelle used to not lemme into a bar unless i gave her all my money before we even left her place >:(

but looking back at it..it always ended up being a good thing and i didn't have to pay absurd bar tabs..
carpe` vaginum!

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 05:55:18 PM »
Just keep doing it. 

btw...ummm sexual stimulation works too!!!!   ;)

we're doing that too!!  we's gots NUTIN!!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 11:27:19 PM »

For me, eating pizza seemed to get the process going. It might have been the spices

Parker

• Getbig V
Re: Is your Spouse or significant other your Financial Opposite?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 04:20:56 AM »
whether i have a girl or not i need someone to keep me in check..

i have a tendency to blow my money quick...

if i'm at a bar i'll end up paying for everyone and buying shots etc etc..i need a girl that'll take my $ away from me..

my ex michelle used to not lemme into a bar unless i gave her all my money before we even left her place >:(

but looking back at it..it always ended up being a good thing and i didn't have to pay absurd bar tabs..

My friend had a saying: "Show em a hundred, pull out a five"
I like that

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 06:17:51 PM »
An ex boyfriend that I went with for several years surprised me on Christmas one year with a credit card. My name, his number. He was a very responsible spender. I was good with my money but had a soft spot for the Woodburn outlet stores. As he handed the card to me he said "This card is for emergencies only. A sale at Calvin Klein does not constitute an emergency." Ruined all my plans...

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »
For me, eating pizza seemed to get the process going. It might have been the spices

I've tried that as well...my mother-in-law is cooking it up here!  Its mostly Italian food...with lots of spices.  I still gots nutin!!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 10:52:06 PM »
I've tried that as well...my mother-in-law is cooking it up here!  Its mostly Italian food...with lots of spices.  I still gots nutin!!

Sounds like your little one is quite content to stay nice and warm. Not ready to face the world...You've already tried everything I would suggest. Spicy foods, bumpy rides, sex...That's all I got! Good luck with that little one, I hope everything goes smoothly. :D