Author Topic: You Pay, He Pays, Or We Pay?  (Read 4278 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
You Pay, He Pays, Or We Pay?
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »
Found an interview of Brian Mcknight, he siad that a man always pay (I agree). Because, even though the woman might have asked you out, or you agree to go Dutch, she will think, "This is one cheap ass n***a" . And a no go for another date, let alone getting lucky... 

I asked the women at work, and they all agree.

What are you views on this, especially if it is the first or second date.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
Re: You Pay, He Pays, Or We Pay?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »

man that is so true............ one day this girl asked me to go see a movie, i paid for mine, she's like 3 person behind me, so she paid for hers, man the day after she said i was cheap....... never saw her again!!!

remember she asked me......
are you delusional?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 05:47:08 PM »
He pays, she pays, we all pay. Unless if one person is unemployed...  :-\ in which case, the other one usually gets stuck paying. Plus, when women pay... the rewards outweigh the cash outlay.  :D

(That even rhymed!)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 07:59:20 PM »
i always pay..
i dont like it when girls offer or try to..

i even pay when my sister is with me..
nah who am i kidding..when sis is with me we use dads card  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 08:16:04 PM »
I paid for a few dinners, movies, etc. when Bob and I were dating.  I had to actually "go to the bathroom" and drop off my card with the waiter and tell him to just run it when we were done.  Bob does NOT go for the girl paying.  But I feel like it should go both ways in the dating process.  I would NOT think a guy was cheap for asking to go dutch...but expecting me to pay on the first date, I would.  If I asked a guy out, I would be prepared to pay for whatever we did on the date.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 08:20:46 PM »
I paid for a few dinners, movies, etc. when Bob and I were dating.  I had to actually "go to the bathroom" and drop off my card with the waiter and tell him to just run it when we were done. 

man o man  i'd be pissed...i wouln't say nothing but inside i'd be..well i'd be.well i wouldnt like it  >:(

Bob does NOT go for the girl paying. 

thats a good man! someone i'd have covering my back if shit went down.
carpe` vaginum!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 10:30:09 PM »
 The guys I have dated in the last 10 years have always paid for dates. I've dated all kinds from pro bodybuilders to pro athletes, construction guys and a personal trainer or two. Out of those guys I think I have to give "pimp status" to Alex23...This guy really knows how to have a good time. I was treated like a queen, and laughed my ass off the whole time. That is golden.  ;)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:36:06 AM »
The guys I have dated in the last 10 years have always paid for dates. I've dated all kinds from pro bodybuilders to pro athletes, construction guys and a personal trainer or two. Out of those guys I think I have to give "pimp status" to Alex23...This guy really knows how to have a good time. I was treated like a queen, and laughed my ass off the whole time. That is golden.  ;)
i wish you were single..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 02:37:25 AM »
On first dates I usually pay, in a relationship it's usually fifty/fifty, most dutch girls I've dated wanted to be treated as equals in every way (not that I'm surprised by that), that included money related issues.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 04:48:16 AM »
Found an interview of Brian Mcknight, he siad that a man always pay (I agree). Because, even though the woman might have asked you out, or you agree to go Dutch, she will think, "This is one cheap ass n***a" . And a no go for another date, let alone getting lucky... 

I asked the women at work, and they all agree.

What are you views on this, especially if it is the first or second date.
The man on the date should always pay the dinner or coffee/drink bill.  It is respectful to the woman you are with and proper ettiquite considering she took the time to go out of her way to prepare herself for the date.

PB

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 04:59:29 AM »
  I was treated like a queen,

A Goddess treated as a Queen  ;)?

I was gonna do a topic of inconsistencies on how women view themselves, or how women say one thing but mean another, AKA, Woman Logic. Take no offense...it is just an observation

Doesn't matter to me, I will alway pay because many women have double standard, even though the woman might insist on paying...or says "I got this", to assert her independence, subtly saying she got her money... If you cave in or say "ok" too quick...As Brian Mcknight said, she thinking, "This is one broke ass n****a". She might not say it, but she thinking it. And he's bigger pimp any on this board will ever be.    

I went on one date with this one woman, she insisted on paying, I said no, I got it, but she pitched a fit (later on) on the fact that I didn't hold the door for her when another man was holding it for us, and I forgot to open the car door for her to get the car ??? ???
I'm like how are you going to get mad at me for not holding the door that someone else was holding, and me forgetting to open your door..but you insist on paying...
The man on the date should always pay the dinner or coffee/drink bill.  It is respectful to the woman you are with and proper ettiquite considering she took the time to go out of her way to prepare herself for the date.

PB

Agreed Playboy

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 09:11:23 AM »
I think I have to give "pimp status" to Alex23...This guy really knows how to have a good time. I was 4reated like a queen, and laughed my ass off the whole time. That is golden.  ;)

Do you date Alex23 now BuffG?  He seems like a riot!
R

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 09:21:21 AM »
Do you date Alex23 now BuffG?  He seems like a riot!

It sounds like there may have been a little misunderstanding

Out of those guys I think I have to give "pimp status" to Alex23...This guy really knows how to have a good time. I was treated like a queen, and laughed my ass off the whole time. That is golden. 

Buffgoddess, you seem to really care about him.  Hope it all works out!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »
I always pay.....dont feel right if I dont.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »
Yes, mostly men always insist on paying, especially in the beginning.  Although it isn't necessary. 

When you're together for awhile it seems like lunches, movies, (haha, and all the things they hate to do, like going museuming  ;D)  are acceptable, but men still insist on grabbing the dinners.

But so let's say you go away for the weekend? Is it fair to let a man pay for everything? Unless it's a birthday or Valentine's gift, I don't think so...  :-\

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 10:00:38 AM »
Im always willing to pay for myself, whether I ask him out on the date or if he asks me.

I've never expected anyone to pay for me, probably because I have always provided for myself. On dates I always go to pay my half...If I'm told not to, its a lovely gesture and I appreciate it and show that I appreciate it lol  ;)

Just because I pay my half, doesnt mean I will think they are cheap. However, if he pretends to leave his money at home...THEN I think he is cheap and its buh bye!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »
I think its just out of respect for the date that the man will usually pick up the tab. Not to say that the lovely lady can't pay her own way but its just a kind gesture on the man's part. Chivelry never dies.

PB

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 11:14:29 PM »

I edited that for you.Don't thank me,I'm sure it was just an accidental typo on your part.

Go somewhere else if you want to insult people. The womens boards are not where you do that. Now to answer the ladies questions, yes Alex23 is a major laugh factory, and yes I am dating him. He is a really awesome guy.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 07:47:27 PM »
We pay. I find it very downgrading for a woman to suggest or even think (and they all do, unless they think the guy is poor) that a man should pay the whole bill. Relationships aren't a charity and I firmly believe in both partners sharing an equal role in many activities - one being dinners out.

Maybe that sounds stupid, but I guess it stems from me wanting a woman that actually has a brain and can earn her own money. I guess I'm in the minority there.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 10:59:26 PM »
I think its just out of respect for the date that the man will usually pick up the tab. Not to say that the lovely lady can't pay her own way but its just a kind gesture on the man's part. Chivelry never dies.

PB
Amen my brother!  Chivalry is not dead.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 11:24:21 PM »
Chivalry is a joke when done repeatedly, which it is. In that case, it turns from chivalry to "I'll pay because I know you won't like me if we split the tab, and I wanna get laid tonight." :)

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 11:37:08 PM »
Why would you hit yourself on the head with a mallott when you had the ladies on your side...? You'll be forever pussiless on this board...My man continues to do this stuff for me because he knows it's so little effort on his part, to gain such a big reward. Post somewhere else, like the Y board...We only talk to real men on here, ones that love us for who we ARE AND ARE WILLING TO SHOW THAT LOVE. That man is not a pussy, that man is getting laid more than one time a day...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 11:51:25 PM »
Why would you hit yourself on the head with a mallott when you had the ladies on your side...?

I did?

My man continues to do this stuff for me because he knows it's so little effort on his part, to gain such a big reward.
That man is not a pussy, that man is getting laid more than one time a day...

Thanks for proving my point. :) Hey, I'm not trying to be rude, but you really didn't help your cause if you disagree with my previous statement.

I guess my opinion that guys shouldn't go out of their way simply to get some 'hmm hmm' is too crazy for you guys. That's too bad... BTW, I LOVE women. I just feel that you shouldn't have to buy them things everyday and be a complete pushover just to 'show them some love.' There are other ways for that, which some people will never know.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 07:27:33 AM »
Yet, you can question mine? If that's the rationale, you should be kicked out of the main board if you question someone's opinion. Monster double standard.

My opinion is harmless, but some are too fragile to face what I see as reality. I never say anyone's wrong unless there's fact behind it. If you do kick me off the board, I wanna know why and will probably have a good laugh at how petty it is.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 08:29:23 AM »
Chivalry is a joke when done repeatedly, which it is. In that case, it turns from chivalry to "I'll pay because I know you won't like me if we split the tab, and I wanna get laid tonight." :)
It all depends on the woman. If she expects you to pay then I would look at her slightly different. Thats how you weed out the gold diggers from the rest. But 9 times out of 10 the male on the date should foot for the bill. Some people are just plain CHEAP and thats why they spend many nights alone and cannot get a second date. There's nothing wrong with picking up the tab on a first date.

PB