Author Topic: Going Overboard on Pre/Post workout supplements  (Read 2328 times)

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
Re: Going Overboard on Pre/Post workout supplements
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 03:48:37 PM »
What would you recommend then?

I'm not saying a post workout shake isn't important.  There is too much evidence showing its benefits.
So, I would still recommend its use. 

It is just my belief that its importance is greatly over stated. 

It is far more important to eat "bodybuilding food" multiple times during the day than it is to have the post workotu shake. 
I see way too many people spend $500 a month on things to add to their shake after a workout, but then skip breakfast, not eat for 6 hours after that post workout shake, etc. 

The most important thing to creating a 'bodybuilding physique' IMO is eating bodybuilding type meals every 2-3 hours throughout the day.  That is the most important thing, and it's the thing the fewest people actually do.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 03:50:27 PM »
I'm not saying a post workout shake isn't important.  There is too much evidence showing its benefits.

It is far more important to eat "bodybuilding food" multiple times during the day than it is to have the post workotu shake. 
I see way too many people spend $500 a month on things to add to their shake after a workout, but then skip breakfast, not eat for 6 hours after that post workout shake, etc. 

The most important thing to creating a 'bodybuilding physique' IMO is eating bodybuilding type meals every 2-3 hours throughout the day.  That is the most important thing, and it's the thing the fewest people actually do.
most honest post i've seen on here in a long time.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 04:13:42 PM »

Man, I'll fkn follow this guy everywhere!

Hey Justin if you decide to start a religious cult in the mountains of Utah that worships aliens...I'm there!

Probably one of the best posts I seen on here in a long time.
?