Author Topic: Proper Decorum...  (Read 9736 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Proper Decorum...
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2007, 09:00:16 AM »
Toxic

decorum is a socio-cultural construct, a form of sensus communis, and very much differentiated by things as social class and upbringing.
You are practicing decorum that is traditionally english, there's nothing wrong with that offcourse, but it is quite formal.
Considering the socio-cultural context of decorum, it's not just to say that a man that doesn't use such elaborate decorum is less courteous,  that is very much in the eyes of the beholder. Genuine courtesy to me has much more to do with respecting a woman and treating her as equal, those are still very lacking in all aspects of modern society. Decorum is no more then a protocol that is linked to social environment, real courtesy goes deeper imho.

This doesn't mean that proper behaviour isn't important, it is very much, it's a social lubricant. But too little or too much can be seen as rude or overly formal/stifled. It's always context based.

(Can you tell I was raised by my mum?;))

you're a good man Sir...

..better than the average man...

..but not a great man yet!

a former close friend used to say that to me...

and i agree with ya..
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Proper Decorum...
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2007, 09:01:57 AM »
Ok then I think it is the gentlemany thing to do that you announce the "Getbig" engagement lol

It is done me lady!
carpe` vaginum!