Author Topic: Does not supporting the war = not supporting the troops?  (Read 11862 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Does not supporting the war = not supporting the troops?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 06:42:31 PM »
I'm sorry.  :(

I feel like an ass hole now.  :(
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 06:43:29 PM »
You kind of seem to spin stuff though so it fits your argument either way.
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 06:43:37 PM »
{giggle} Stop. you're killing me. I was suppose to leave the house an hour ago.  ;D ;D
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 06:44:25 PM »
{giggle} Stop. you're killing me. I was suppose to leave the house an hour ago.  ;D ;D

It's amazing how entertaining getbig can be.

I love it.
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »
You kind of seem to spin stuff though so it fits your argument either way.

Spin?  Not really.  You're confusing deconstructing an alleged argument with spin.  Don't confuse me running circles around 240 with spin.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »
Psst....

U.S. Troops in Iraq: 72% Say End War in 2006

"Brilliant!  You've discovered that most of the troops don't want to get killed.  *Applause*  Glad you figured that out.  How long did it take you?"   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »
I just posted a zogby poll which showed 72% of US forces in Iraq want to be out in a year.

Cool to see we finally agree that the majority of US troops are ready to come home!

Bro..Joe(generic soldier name) likes 2 thing getting paid and strippers everthing else sucks. So u really can't go by this. Hell i want to go home but again u do what u have to
L

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 09:30:28 PM »
Funny how you haven't seen any Liberals visiting our troops in Iraq.........yes, in that sense, I'd have to say it's equal!

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 09:33:07 PM »
Funny how you haven't seen any Liberals visiting our troops in Iraq.........yes, in that sense, I'd have to say it's equal!

???

Name the conservatives who went there. 

Shitty argument.  you're desperate.

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2007, 09:35:48 PM »
Top 11 reasons to support celebrities in opposition to war.

11. Somebody has to keep the diplomatic channels open to Europe, and it just happens to be the Dixie-Chix.

10. Two weeks of basic training before filming "Saving Private Ryan" is more military experience than Condoleeza Rice, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney (5 deferments), Tom Delay & Dennis Hastert combined.

9. Don Rumsfeld went to Iraq while Hussein used our chemical weapons on Iranian soldiers (and civilians along the border) and secured the additional shipments to the Iraqi dictator. Sean Penn visited Iraq, but has only used chemicals on himself.

8. Martin Sheen has been arrested 70 times in his pursuit of peace and social justice. George W. Bush's three documented arrests: drunk driving, theft of a Christmas wreath & football hooliganism.

7. MSNBC (General Electric & Microsoft) canceled Donahue, it's highest-rated show, because it offered alternative views.

6. The Pope, a man of some celebrity and moral authority (and an actor in his youth) is against the war.

5. Brit Hume, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh are celebrities, not elected officials or diplomats (incidentally, all avoided service in Vietnam) who make their livelihood shilling for war. Garofalo, Damon et al. risk their livelihoods by opposing it.

4. There is no such thing as apolitical art.

3. "Apocalypse Now!" took 5 years to complete and Martin Sheen saw it all the way through, disease, monsoons and all. George W. Bush skipped the last 17 months of his National Guard service in Texas.

2. Are award shows asking pro-war celebrities to keep their remarks "neutral?"

1. It's their First Amendment right!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 10:05:58 PM »

Actually that fat bastard Al Franken came here. He was supposed to come up on our floor and do some stuff. I banned him. i hate that guy.
L

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2007, 10:11:16 PM »
???

Name the conservatives who went there. 

Shitty argument.  you're desperate.
george bush
donald rumsfield
dick cheney

Allied support thinking people,why give celebrity any credibility, how has an actor benefited society in anyway other than to entertain.
Z

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 10:18:15 PM »
george bush
donald rumsfield
dick cheney

Allied support thinking people,why give celebrity any credibility, how has an actor benefited society in anyway other than to entertain.

most people don't have the means to visit iraq.  you need money and protection.  john public has neither.

those in power don't count - because if kerry won, then he, his VP, and his sec of def would be there.

The original poster said: Funny how you haven't seen any Liberals visiting our troops in Iraq.........yes, in that sense, I'd have to say it's equal!

He said that liberals are traitors because they don't go to iraq.

Which is crap.  I'm guessing his ass hasn't been there either.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2007, 11:20:26 PM »
Actually that fat bastard Al Franken came here. He was supposed to come up on our floor and do some stuff. I banned him. i hate that guy.

haha

I don't really know much about him, but he annoys the piss out of me.
S

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2007, 01:44:32 AM »
george bush
donald rumsfield
dick cheney

I suppose you considered Ronald Reagan when you made that stupid remark?

Actors do more than merely entertain. Actors channel the spirits of man through the ages, and in the process educate, enlighten, and stimulate the thoughts, minds, and souls of man. They also in their celebrity form have the ability to spotlight and raise awareness of issues of grave concern to society and mankind.

What about:

Angelina Jolie,
Audrey Hepburn,
Martin Sheen,
Susan Sarandon,
Elizabeth Taylor,
Mia Farrow,
Oprah Winfrey,
Princess Diana,
Bono,
Paul Newman,
Bob Geldof, etc., etc., etc.

The list goes on & on...

Tell me none of them have left a legacy greater than themselves. You can't.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »
I would remove Angelina Jolie from that list.  Her "legacy" is pretty tainted. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 09:23:59 AM »
I suppose you considered Ronald Reagan when you made that stupid remark?

Actors do more than merely entertain. Actors channel the spirits of man through the ages, and in the process educate, enlighten, and stimulate the thoughts, minds, and souls of man. They also in their celebrity form have the ability to spotlight and raise awareness of issues of grave concern to society and mankind.

What about:

Angelina Jolie,
Audrey Hepburn,
Martin Sheen,
Susan Sarandon,
Elizabeth Taylor,
Mia Farrow,
Oprah Winfrey,
Princess Diana,
Bono,
Paul Newman,
Bob Geldof, etc., etc., etc.

The list goes on & on...

Tell me none of them have left a legacy greater than themselves. You can't.

We're talking about people that actually matter, and I noticed how you have Princess Diana on there.....news flash....she's been dead for 10 years, don't pull names out of your ass, I was referring to people in politics or related......you know people like Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Ollie North (who is still there) Hannity, Limbaugh (Rush and David), O'Reilly, quite a few of the Republican congress and senate, we even had our own representive from our district go............"Princess Diana"  Hahahahhahahaha....that was a good one..LOL!!

I just looked at that list again.....AUDRY HEPBURN????????? Hell, why not Charlie Chaplin or the Three Stooges Hahahahahahaha!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 09:29:30 AM »
Oh yeah I almost forgot about Sean Penn, he was there..............to blast America, not support the troops, as a matter of fact, quite few of those Hollywood assholes went to all kinds of countries and talked shit about our Government and America including ALGORE!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 09:45:29 AM »
YOU ARE A FUCKING LIAR AS USUAL TALKING OUT YOUR ASS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO CLUE BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU DO IS LISTEN TO THAT POS RUSH.  GET A CLUE BEFORE YOU SPEW NEXT TIME...

Here's just one example from one of the biggest liberals out there...

Al Franken has done 7 USO tours...

http://midwestvaluespac.org/blog/125/usophotoessay

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 09:46:34 AM »
ARE YOU SERIOUS ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 09:56:24 AM »

Are you saying Hilary is a Republican?  I think not!
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »
Are you saying Hilary is a Republican?  I think not!
There's more too.  Isn't Robbin Williams a lefty?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »
Oh yeah I almost forgot about Sean Penn, he was there..............to blast America, not support the troops, as a matter of fact, quite few of those Hollywood assholes went to all kinds of countries and talked shit about our Government and America including ALGORE!!

Sean Penn is another one who needs to leave the country. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2007, 11:12:25 AM »
Sean Penn is another one who needs to leave the country. 
::) Just shut up... Penn was there ground zero after hurrican Katrina pulling people out of danger while your fucktard of a president was flying over and planning photo ops... ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »
If only more Americans had the balls to think for themselves rather than plug into Hannity and Rush...

You are the traitor Beach... Your Ignorance is what will destroy America.

The actor and director Sean Penn made the following statement at a news conference in Baghdad on Sunday afternoon:

"I am a citizen of the United States of America. I believe in the Constitution of the United States, and the American people. Ours is a government designed to function "of"-"by"-and-"for" the people. I am one of those people, and a privileged one.

I am privileged in particular to raise my children in a country of high standards in health, welfare, and safety. I am also privileged to have lived a life under our Constitution that has allowed me to dream and prosper. In response to these privileges I feel, both as an American and as a human being, the obligation to accept some level of personal accountability for the policies of my government, both those I support and any that I may not. Simply put, if there is a war or continued sanctions against Iraq, the blood of Americans and Iraqis alike will be on our hands.

My trip here is to personally record the human face of the Iraqi people so that their blood -- along with that of American soldiers -- would not be invisible on my own hands. I sit with you here today in the hopes that any of us present may contribute in any way to a peaceful resolution to the conflict at hand.

I thank Norman Solomon and the Institute for Public Accuracy for facilitating my visit."

Sean Penn
December 15, 2002

Go To Original

Actor Sean Penn Visits Baghdad
By The Associated Press

Sunday, 15 December, 2002

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- Actor Sean Penn visited a Baghdad children's hospital Friday, saying he came to Iraq for a better understanding of the crisis with the United States.

Penn said only that he was ``very glad I'm here'' when he arrived at the Al-Mansour Children's Hospital. He refused to talk further with reporters or allow them to join his tour of the hospital, saying he needed privacy with the sick children.

In a statement issued here and in Washington. D.C., Penn said that ``as a father, an actor, a filmmaker and a patriot'' his visit to Iraq ``is for me a natural extension of my obligation ... to find my own voice on matters of conscience.''

Penn said he was happy that he had a chance ``to pursue a deeper understanding of the conflict'' and hoped that ``all Americans will embrace information available to them outside conventional channel.''

Penn's three-day visit to Iraq was organized by the Institute for Public Accuracy, which has offices in Washington and San Francisco.