Author Topic: Valentine's around the corner...Do you really care?  (Read 8090 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Valentine's around the corner...Do you really care?
« on: January 05, 2007, 04:27:24 AM »
Many women care, because it's "their" one day, when its all about them. Bubblebaths, Tiffany's, La Perla, Artgentinean rose petals, apricot pedicures, come to mind. But some women ( a very small minority) don't because, they believe that Valentine's Day should be every day, meaning that every day they should be treated right. The thinking is, if he was a f-up for 364 days of the year, one day is not going to change it.

Your thoughts on both points....

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Valentine's around the corner...Do you really care?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 05:01:49 AM »
Many women care, because it's "their" one day, when its all about them. Bubblebaths, Tiffany's, La Perla, Artgentinean rose petals, apricot pedicures, come to mind. But some women ( a very small minority) don't because, they believe that Valentine's Day should be every day, meaning that every day they should be treated right. The thinking is, if he was a f-up for 364 days of the year, one day is not going to change it.

This particular day is a perfect example of another commercialized day. On a regular day, 1 dozen red roses costs me 45.00 bucks. On valentines day the same bouquet costs me 70.00 bucks. Go figure. As for the day itself, I look at it as the time to really go all out for you and your signifigant other. Take the time to do a romantic thing together. But you are right, one's signifigant other should be treated with special care everyday. Roses should be sent for no reason, etc.

PB

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:42:20 PM »
Of course we care! That's when retailers stock up on Chocolate!   :D
w

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 07:07:47 PM »
I'm the minority.

Everyday is Valentine's day for me. ;D

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 07:23:33 PM »
some people care...it can provoke leathal fights if you go out and cheat that day  ;)
X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 09:43:44 PM »
Roses should be sent for no reason, etc.

PB

Done this before...out of the clear blue, and included a hint of who it's from (if she is thinking), something blue one of my favorite colors

I'm the minority.

Everyday is Valentine's day for me. ;D

As I beleive this too....hopefully this same atitude you will have ten yrs down the road

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 10:57:48 PM »
I care if I have a boyfriend, I don't care if I'm single. This year nothing would make me happier than to be snuggled up in my honey's arms. I don't care about roses, jewelry, or other expensive gifts, I just want to be with him. That's what it's all about for me. Oh yeah, and chocolate, I didn't say I don't care about chocolate...can't have it, but I want it...

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 07:55:57 AM »
Of course we care! That's when retailers stock up on Chocolate!   :D

lol

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 10:15:25 AM »
Me too, Parker!!! 10yrs, 20 yrs, and so on!! 

(I'm not being "concieted" with what I said...I just mean I get true love everyday from Bob, and thats all I really want)

I'm with Buff...this Valentine's day will be me, my new daughter, and my husband.  It will be a nice day to just spend time and lay around in bed.  Flower, candy, and gifts are nice...but not required to make my day perfect.  I prefer time with the two most important loves in my life over anything materialistic.

Forbidden

• Getbig III
  • Live well, laugh often, love much
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 05:49:25 PM »

It means far more to me to get a single rose on any other day of the year other than Valentines day!!  To me getting a rose and a card on that day is not special at all.  I would prefer a hand written note or a note left somewhere for me to find!  Anyone can go and buy the prettiest card with the nicest verse, but make it up! Now that is something.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »
I'm always sharing these notes from the past but, my ex-husband  did something incredible one year for Valentines day. We were so broke we couldn't pay attention, so the guy worked for 2 days for this chop-shop to buy me a ruby ring and stopped by the side of the road to pick wild flowers. (okay, this is southern cali) To see a big macho guy by the side of the road picking wild flowers, that was epic. My current (and hopefully the last man I'll ever be with) has something epic planned for a late Valentines Day. You girls know the scoop and who I'm speaking of. I'm forgiven and I swear I will never "Bitch Out" again. The reality of losing him was way too painful. If I could just be in his arms on Valentines Day I would be the happiest girl on earth.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 10:56:50 PM »
I'm always sharing these notes from the past but, my ex-husband  did something incredible one year for Valentines day. We were so broke we couldn't pay attention, so the guy worked for 2 days for this chop-shop to buy me a ruby ring and stopped by the side of the road to pick wild flowers. (okay, this is southern cali) To see a big macho guy by the side of the road picking wild flowers, that was epic. My current (and hopefully the last man I'll ever be with) has something epic planned for a late Valentines Day. You girls know the scoop and who I'm speaking of. I'm forgiven and I swear I will never "Bitch Out" again. The thought of losing him was way too painful. If I could just be in his arms on Valentines Day I would be the happiest girl on earth.

Is he is prison?
E

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 03:23:42 AM »
Your ex worked at a chop shop? So he's one of the reasons why my insurance premium is so high?
Damn, aim high next time, like someone who steals 20's and sells for a discount ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 12:25:04 PM »
It will be a nice day to just spend time and lay around in bed.  Flower, candy, and gifts are nice...but not required to make my day perfect.  I prefer time with the two most important loves in my life over anything materialistic.

It means far more to me to get a single rose on any other day of the year other than Valentines day!!  To me getting a rose and a card on that day is not special at all.  I would prefer a hand written note or a note left somewhere for me to find!  Anyone can go and buy the prettiest card with the nicest verse, but make it up! Now that is something.

I with you too all the way! It's all about who you're with rather than what he can buy you.  :)
w

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 12:37:23 PM »
I don't care.  Valentine's Day is a commercialized, materialistic holiday that has no true meaning in the whole scheme of things.  It almost seems as though a few women at Hallmark and Zales concocted this little idea.  Look, if two people within a relationship want romance, then they should be able to create it at any point in the year without being told that this is the one day to do it.  If a man has to be told to do something, then the action isn't worth having/experiencing.

I've been single on the majority of Valentine's Days.  And I've spent most of those evenings in the gym.
Jodi

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
I don't care.  Valentine's Day is a commercialized, materialistic holiday that has no true meaning in the whole scheme of things. 

well Jodi, ...it does mean there'll be more chocolate available... that's gotta count for something... no?   :P
w

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 12:59:54 PM »
No my man. it's a long distance relationship. He's in Cali, I'm in Oregon, but he has taken control of my heart like no one else ever has...I actually love him with every fiber of my being...

So you are back together that is great news!!

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 01:40:40 PM »
nope don't care.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 02:05:52 PM »
nope don't care.

:o  You don't care about chocolate?!! ...off with your head!  >:(
w

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »
i boycott the holiday but not cause i have anything against it....

i just dont like over crowded resturants...

last time i had a girlfriend around valentines i just got one of my buddies to deliver strawberries in whipped creme....chocolate , some nice champaign and a chick flick to her

i didn't call her though...let her miss me! ;D

i ws doing the same for his chick!
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 04:30:01 PM »
nope don't care.

Whyyyyyyy  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.

I mean it is your day. I wish they had a day for men.....oh I forgot, it called the Superbowl ;D

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »
Whyyyyyyy  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.

I mean it is your day. I wish they had a day for men.....oh I forgot, it called the Superbowl ;D

I thought that valentines day was for men and women?

Toxic:
That is a great idea to get your friend to do the delivering, was it a stripagram??

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 06:43:19 PM »

That is a great idea to get your friend to do the delivering, was it a stripagram??

lol nooo..i didn't want my friend stripping for my girl .my girl woulda been pissed ..and i wasn't about to strip for my friends girl either..

no just some simple " you're in my thoughts" kinda stuff..

took her out later in the week..when the rush calms down..and a private dinner is actually a private dinner..and the server can actually take the time to listen to you..
carpe` vaginum!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 06:55:12 PM »
Your ex worked at a chop shop? So he's one of the reasons why my insurance premium is so high?
Damn, aim high next time, like someone who steals 20's and sells for a discount ;D

That's one of the reasons he's an ex...I don't approve of that kind of stuff, I can't stand theives, liars, cheats...

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 07:00:30 PM »

lol nooo..i didn't want my friend stripping for my girl .my girl woulda been pissed ..and i wasn't about to strip for my friends girl either..

no just some simple " you're in my thoughts" kinda stuff..

took her out later in the week..when the rush calms down..and a private dinner is actually a private dinner..and the server can actually take the time to listen to you..

I didnt think you did but was just jokin around ha ha!!  Yeah it is so busy on the actual valentines night, I just couldnt be bothered.