Author Topic: Are you unhappy? Does life seem pointless? How can YOU be HAPPY?  (Read 5738 times)

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
Re: Are you unhappy? Does life seem pointless? How can YOU be HAPPY?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 07:47:51 PM »
You guys need to listen to this song....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6pWAREtXuQM

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 07:58:03 PM »
You guys need to listen to this song....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6pWAREtXuQM

Was that a conversion tool? lol I need more than that .

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 08:02:10 PM »
I dont have all the answers...Im so far way from God that I have no right to comment but I do know that no matter what you guys say....you all have a hidden emptiness that money, women, material things cannot fill....

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 08:06:58 PM »
Robert the Bruce, are you a man who has sinned badly in the past, because I have found there are a lot of sinners in the church. People who have commited grave sins against innocent people. People who have stolen, done drugs, ruined their families and then suddenly they find GOd and they start assuming everyone needs God. Some of us have been raised well and have never hurt another living soul. We don't need sinners telling us what were missing out on.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »
I dont have all the answers...Im so far way from God that I have no right to comment but I do know that no matter what you guys say....you all have a hidden emptiness that money, women, material things cannot fill....

Why do Christians always assume that anyone without God is empty? that is such an obnoxious ignorant thought , seriously this is what offends me about Christians , if someone is a-theos their lives some how have less meaning than theirs , how dare you claim to know one , my life is empty and two , that I subsitute that assumed emptiness with , money , women , material things

Now let me play the " Deists-Advocate " you believe in a guy who had a ghost for a father and a virgin for a mother , who is empty again?

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 08:17:59 PM »
I never said I was a christian....what I did say is that Im so far away from God. So if I said this..what does that tell you?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 08:24:33 PM »
I never said I was a christian....what I did say is that Im so far away from God. So if I said this..what does that tell you?

You're a Christian or was one or wanna be one , all the same.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 11:51:43 PM »
Christianity is a nihilistic religion it suggests the purpose of this life is for a good after life... haha so whats the meaning to this life then? pfft.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 11:54:18 PM »
My Balls Smell

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2007, 11:55:26 PM »
My Balls Smell
What do they smell like?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 11:56:49 PM »
What do they smell like?

Sweat, I just got back from a run.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2007, 12:58:21 AM »
Why do Christians always assume that anyone without God is empty?

Because this is generally what enthused them to take the faith..

Think about it, imagine the security of knowing you were going to live forever in wonderland.  Then imagine that not being there.  Huge deficit.  Very logical thing to think if you're a christian.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2007, 03:58:26 AM »
No way am I reading all of this, but I will say that those who have found God (from what I noticed) are generally very happy, fulfilled individuals. This one guy at my gym is a Christian, very friendly. Most people who aren't Christians do have chips on their shoulders, do have egos and all the rest. I'm totally for people finding God, since I believe it's a great way to live - under his words.

I'm not Christian, but it's plain to see those who are have struck gold in the spiritual realm.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2007, 04:16:46 AM »
I know that a bodybuilding forum isn't the place for such a discussion, but today struck me as one of those days where something had to be said about this. Its because today I was walking to work and I noticed so many unhappy people around me, walking around with their heads down looking miserable and depressed and it really shocked me how many unhappy people there are out there these days. Now, whenever I walk around, it saddens me as I see so many unhappy people looking glum and miserable, who see life as a terrible trial that we have to overcome. So, I've decided to pronounce the answer to these problems. The truth is that too many people are unhappy today because they are not asking God, and our Lord Jeus, to come into their lives and guide them along the way. Belief in Jesus is most important. If you believe, you will be saved...

Let me tell you one thing right now, life is not pointless, we are not here to just live for so many years, maybe have a couple of kids and then die, and that being all our existence ever was. No, life is for enjoying, living and thriving. And Jesus himself wants to come into your life and show you the path to happiness...

Now, I know that many people claim that Jesus never existed, but the truth is that he did exist. It is interesting that when people seek historic and scientific proof of Jesus, they immediately discount the Bible as a reliable source.

If we look at the Bible simply as a historic document, it should be among the most reliable on record compared with others.

Historians routinely cite Herodotus as a key source of information. He wrote from 488 B.C. to 428 B.C. and the earliest copy of his work comes from 900 A.D. (1,300 years later). There are only eight known copies of his work.

By contrast, the New Testament of the Bible (with all its information about Jesus) was written between 40 A.D. and 100 A.D. The earliest known copy is from 130 A.D. and there are 5,000 known copies in Greek, 10,000 in Latin and 9,300 in other languages.

Still, to put to rest the notion that there is no historic and scientific proof of Jesus outside the Bible, we may look to Jewish historian Flavius Josephus and to Roman historian Carius Cornelius Tacitus - both well known and accepted.

Josephus, in the book Jewish Antiquities" wrote:

"At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities, Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1).

Tacitus, in writing about accusations that Nero burned the city of Rome and blamed it on Christians, said the following:

". . .Nero procured others to be accused, and inflicted exquisite punishment upon those people, who were in abhorrence for their crimes, and were commonly known by the name of Christians. They had their denomination from Christus (Christ, dm.), who in the reign of Tibertius was put to death as a criminal by the procurator Pontius Pilate. . . .At first they were only apprehended who confessed themselves of that sect; afterwards a vast multitude discovered by them, all of which were condemned, not so much for the crime of burning the city, as for their enmity to mankind. . . ." (Tacitus, Annals, 15, 44).

Therefore, you can't dispute that Jesus was a historical person and did exist, just as Napoleon, Roosevelt and George Bush.

Think about it, I bet you have a dusty Bible on your shelf? Well, opening that and finding out about Jesus and the meaning of life is the key to happiness and success in life.

Ever noticed how people who seem to have it all (money, power, fame etc) never seem happy and so often turn to drugs and drink to deal with life's problems, but those who may be poor, but know the love of God and feel that they have a purpose in life, are happy?

Well, its no accident....believe in God and you will be happy...
After all of this. I understand one thing clear. I BET YOU.YOU DONT BELIEVE IN GOD

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2007, 04:18:24 AM »
You pretend your self that you are religious but you dont trust God.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 04:25:41 AM »
Plus if you believe in God,Youll find out this world very perfect and natural.But you dont.
You are enough ARROGANT that you create the definition of happines.You know the meaning of happiness?
OH Gimme a break. Tears,smile,rage,hate,love... all of them are explession of this universe(GOD).
But you arrogantly decide "Cry" is unhappy for example.
Leave alone the Gods work.

Stavios

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 06:32:41 AM »
god can suck my balls
hope this help

suckmymuscle

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 11:06:47 AM »
I know that a bodybuilding forum isn't the place for such a discussion, but today struck me as one of those days where something had to be said about this. Its because today I was walking to work and I noticed so many unhappy people around me, walking around with their heads down looking miserable and depressed and it really shocked me how many unhappy people there are out there these days. Now, whenever I walk around, it saddens me as I see so many unhappy people looking glum and miserable, who see life as a terrible trial that we have to overcome. So, I've decided to pronounce the answer to these problems. The truth is that too many people are unhappy today because they are not asking God, and our Lord Jeus, to come into their lives and guide them along the way. Belief in Jesus is most important. If you believe, you will be saved...

Let me tell you one thing right now, life is not pointless, we are not here to just live for so many years, maybe have a couple of kids and then die, and that being all our existence ever was. No, life is for enjoying, living and thriving. And Jesus himself wants to come into your life and show you the path to happiness...

Now, I know that many people claim that Jesus never existed, but the truth is that he did exist. It is interesting that when people seek historic and scientific proof of Jesus, they immediately discount the Bible as a reliable source.

If we look at the Bible simply as a historic document, it should be among the most reliable on record compared with others.

Historians routinely cite Herodotus as a key source of information. He wrote from 488 B.C. to 428 B.C. and the earliest copy of his work comes from 900 A.D. (1,300 years later). There are only eight known copies of his work.

By contrast, the New Testament of the Bible (with all its information about Jesus) was written between 40 A.D. and 100 A.D. The earliest known copy is from 130 A.D. and there are 5,000 known copies in Greek, 10,000 in Latin and 9,300 in other languages.

Still, to put to rest the notion that there is no historic and scientific proof of Jesus outside the Bible, we may look to Jewish historian Flavius Josephus and to Roman historian Carius Cornelius Tacitus - both well known and accepted.

Josephus, in the book Jewish Antiquities" wrote:

"At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities, Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1).

Tacitus, in writing about accusations that Nero burned the city of Rome and blamed it on Christians, said the following:

". . .Nero procured others to be accused, and inflicted exquisite punishment upon those people, who were in abhorrence for their crimes, and were commonly known by the name of Christians. They had their denomination from Christus (Christ, dm.), who in the reign of Tibertius was put to death as a criminal by the procurator Pontius Pilate. . . .At first they were only apprehended who confessed themselves of that sect; afterwards a vast multitude discovered by them, all of which were condemned, not so much for the crime of burning the city, as for their enmity to mankind. . . ." (Tacitus, Annals, 15, 44).

Therefore, you can't dispute that Jesus was a historical person and did exist, just as Napoleon, Roosevelt and George Bush.

Think about it, I bet you have a dusty Bible on your shelf? Well, opening that and finding out about Jesus and the meaning of life is the key to happiness and success in life.

Ever noticed how people who seem to have it all (money, power, fame etc) never seem happy and so often turn to drugs and drink to deal with life's problems, but those who may be poor, but know the love of God and feel that they have a purpose in life, are happy?

Well, its no accident....believe in God and you will be happy...

Taking selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors will do more to end depression, in two weeks, than twenty years going to church will. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 03:01:41 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!

The old testament Christian god meets the DSM-IV-TR criteria for MOST psychological disorders too!!

http://mattcanning.livejournal.com/405171.html

It's funny how Christians will call other people - both real and fictional - as being psychotic if they had the exact same qualities as their god.  But I guess all of Christianity is about being somewhat or entirely selective.  Same as how most Christian pros abuse drugs and ignore any problems with cognitive dissonance.

There is some wild stuff in the old testament pertaining to the payments (in sheckels) to a father of a deflowered virgin and the consequences of her actions if she was lying about being a virgin.  Look it up.  Its an eye opener.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 08:24:13 PM »
Christianity is not about saving yourself from hell so you can go to heaven...that is a point a lot of "supposed' Christians miss. God is not out to scare people into belief, nor is he out to make you live a life that you would other wise find miserable. The reason God is often referred to as the "Holy Father" is simply because that is the most prudent example of what God intends to be to all of us...we came from God, he created us, much like we came from our fathers here on earth. Because of that God wants us to be happy, he wants us to be successful. Will he lay it all out there for us simply because we believe in him? Not usually...he does expect us to do the work, but God will guide you in your decisions...just like any decent father would do for his child.

As far as the Christian religion as a whole is concerned, many of you are correct, there are a ton of problems. Be it greed by the organized church, self-righteous hate, scare tactics and judgement given out by supposed religious leaders who adorn themselves with the holier then though crown, etc. None of those things are what Christianity is supposed to be about. It's not some difficult regiment that one has to become a part of to fulfil their duties of Christianity...anyone who says otherwise has an alterer motive. It is not about building the biggest Church building, or about living a boring life absent of fun and excitement...you hear this all the time from supposed religious leaders.

All-in-all, Christianity is simply about having faith in God, believing in Christ, asking him to guide you, putting your trust in him...that's it. If you do this, will happiness be yours? Not always. God never said that becoming a Christian would make life perfect...he's there to guide you and show you truth...pretty simple really. If you become a Christian, yes, you will at times fail in your walk with Christ, but so is life...God is not here to condemn and to those who believe he will show mercy.

Last off, if you want "proof" that God does exist look around you, something had to create the world and those in it. I know of all the arguments of both sides, evolutionist vs. creationist etc. I'd encourage any of you to look into some of those debates for yourself...both sides. I think many of you will be surprised as to how many scientific facts do exist to back up the claim of intelligent design.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 09:12:27 PM »
Christianity is not about saving yourself from hell so you can go to heaven...that is a point a lot of "supposed' Christians miss. God is not out to scare people into belief, nor is he out to make you live a life that you would other wise find miserable. The reason God is often referred to as the "Holy Father" is simply because that is the most prudent example of what God intends to be to all of us...we came from God, he created us, much like we came from our fathers here on earth. Because of that God wants us to be happy, he wants us to be successful. Will he lay it all out there for us simply because we believe in him? Not usually...he does expect us to do the work, but God will guide you in your decisions...just like any decent father would do for his child.

As far as the Christian religion as a whole is concerned, many of you are correct, there are a ton of problems. Be it greed by the organized church, self-righteous hate, scare tactics and judgement given out by supposed religious leaders who adorn themselves with the holier then though crown, etc. None of those things are what Christianity is supposed to be about. It's not some difficult regiment that one has to become a part of to fulfil their duties of Christianity...anyone who says otherwise has an alterer motive. It is not about building the biggest Church building, or about living a boring life absent of fun and excitement...you hear this all the time from supposed religious leaders.

All-in-all, Christianity is simply about having faith in God, believing in Christ, asking him to guide you, putting your trust in him...that's it. If you do this, will happiness be yours? Not always. God never said that becoming a Christian would make life perfect...he's there to guide you and show you truth...pretty simple really. If you become a Christian, yes, you will at times fail in your walk with Christ, but so is life...God is not here to condemn and to those who believe he will show mercy.

Last off, if you want "proof" that God does exist look around you, something had to create the world and those in it. I know of all the arguments of both sides, evolutionist vs. creationist etc. I'd encourage any of you to look into some of those debates for yourself...both sides. I think many of you will be surprised as to how many scientific facts do exist to back up the claim of intelligent design.

God doesn't exist because we live in a complex and (prospectively) well crafted world.  There is no proof god exists.  Either believe it or don't but don't ever try to substantiate your beliefs because you're talking pure shit from the perspective of scientific validity.  Intelligent design does not in any way validate a christian god (or any theological deity for that matter). 

There are few christians who are not exploiting god for a trumped up insurance policy and I'm totally respectful of you if you're one of these but psychologically you can get the same thing from coming to terms with yourself without the help of a superior.  I'm happy for you if you need the support of a figurehead in order to achieve this but the real guts comes from doing it without "help".

Unfortunately, the fact that much of the world had never heard of christianity up until a few hundred years ago (largely hearing at the tip of a sword might I add) and consequently been despatched on a no-return trip to hell makes it preposterous for me to even accept for one moment that what you're following is not pure stupidity though.  If god exists he's sure as hell not the christian one.  There is no logic for this interpretation of "God"

If you're looking for the psychological edge of true, all loving deity/s at your side I suggest you turn to buddhism or perhaps even our good friends, the jews.  If not, suggest standing up, being responsible for your own decisions and so forth and living your life unsupported by a functional yet fantasy concept designed to ease your path through what is a difficult ride.

There is no such thing as nothing.  Hell is just another representation of the truly scary prospect of "not existing" which of course is a hideous display of irony considering the level of delusion that it  has spawned (organised religion) and the fact that more than likely it is a complete impossibility. 

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

God, please, there is no such thing, and i tough in 2007 peoples would wake up, people believe in god because they need or believe there is something outhere............. anyone with a bit of logic no it's not possible.

god definition!!!

A god is a being created by humans and given supernatural powers or attributes such as immortality, omniscience, telekinesis, and invisibility. These creations serve many purposes, such as imaginary protection from enemies or explanations for the origin of such things as good and evil, fire and wind, or life and death.

Gods are often the central figures around which religions are built. It is often claimed that religion began in fear and superstition. The same might be said for gods.

Some religions maintain that there is just one God and that all the gods of all religions except theirs were created by human beings. Yet, everyone who believes in a god of some sort believes their god is real.

Since gods are supernatural, they exist outside the bounds and laws of space and time. They can possess any of an infinite array of magical powers. Hence, there is no way to prove or disprove their reality. One might say: If gods exist, anything goes!
are you delusional?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2007, 10:00:33 PM »
The strength of science and the opposing viewpoint is exposing the fact that when all is said and done there is no proof - rather than proof of nonexistence.  Just as our friend says if you want proof look at supporting evidence for intelligent design I said he cannot justify existence on a loose theory such as that.

I don't really identify with chaps such as you either.. mainly because of this

God, please, there is no such thing,

Ok

Hence, there is no way to prove or disprove their reality. One might say: If gods exist, anything goes!

You've got to be practical here - on one hand you quite correctly point out the pure logic of the situation and on the other you just let yourself make a determination that isn't really based on anything.  Don't ever give anybody debating the possibility of existence of god such a golden piece of ammunition.  Your strongest arguing point against a christian/believe in a god is the fact they are relying on a "cointoss" - its enough to make their blood boil as it is.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2007, 10:06:51 PM »
in the bible GOD says, 'people will stop believing in me, people will stop worshiping me,eventually religion will not exist.. when this happens the world will begin to self destruct'  

now take a look around and see whats happening.. isnt it crazy that in the bible itself that was written in the beginning of time, god predicts these things?

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2007, 10:10:02 PM »

yeah i know.....

the thing is it's a pure invention, on the other hand because we can't prove it's non existence, anything goes, every religion in the world make it's own god or revelation, but it still doesn't exist.

anyway....... no god, just an hoaxe
are you delusional?