Author Topic: How the democrats are going to screw up their Golden Chance  (Read 17314 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: How the democrats are going to screw up their Golden Chance
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 12:49:31 PM »
Now you are being bi-partisan-ly dumb.

I would have done everything Bush had done, except fly the Saudis out of the country, approved the port deal, and launched the Iraq invasion.

In addition,  i would have took 100 Billion of the 400 billion we wasted in Iraq and used to beef up homeland security. 

So Iraq not complying with resolutions, shooting at our planes, you would have cared less about that?  I dunno, seems to me when you are the worlds ONLY superpower, you can't let nations like Iraq spit in your face.  Thats just me, I happen to hit back when i'm hit.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 12:52:07 PM »
by the way ozmo, i like you as a moderator, you do damn good work.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 01:00:22 PM »
I agree, Blow Jobs are SEX!

Dam Clinton!  He really screwed shit up!

Bush on the other hand got us into a fucked up quagmire in Iraq, put us 400 billion in debt, got 3000+ Us soldiers killed, 20,000 wounded, because of bad intel or lie which ever you believe and made the whole area less safe from terrorists.

Frankly i'd take the Blow Job over what BUSH did.

True it was sex, but from what I recall they gave Clinton a definition of "sex" in his deposition that arguably didn't include oral sex.  Clinton gave a crafty answer based on that definition.  Don't remember all the details. . . .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 01:00:30 PM »
I know democrats hate this response but um when was the last terrorist attack on U.S. soil?  ah yes, 9/11.....before we took this fight to their so called Holy Land!

Dems don't hate that response - they just understand that it's meaningless.

Homer Simpson: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.
Lisa Simpson: That’s specious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: Thank you, dear.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn’t work.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: It’s just a stupid rock.
Lisa: But I don’t see any tigers around, do you?
[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]
Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.
[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 01:03:30 PM »
So Iraq not complying with resolutions, shooting at our planes, you would have cared less about that?  I dunno, seems to me when you are the worlds ONLY superpower, you can't let nations like Iraq spit in your face.  Thats just me, I happen to hit back when i'm hit.

I agree with that,  but you have to put what they were doing in perspective.  Iraq was like a little kid being punished.  And we had been punishing them for years.  The little kid will do things to defy their parent from time to time.  these outburst don;t mean much becuase it never change the control we had over them.

At that particular time we had much more bigger fish to fry.............like Osmam and the bulk of Al queda in the Tora Bora Mts.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »
by the way ozmo, i like you as a moderator, you do damn good work.

thanks  :)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 01:04:44 PM »
Dems don't hate that response - they just understand that it's meaningless.

Homer Simpson: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.
Lisa Simpson: That’s specious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: Thank you, dear.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn’t work.
Lisa: It’s just a stupid rock.
Lisa: But I don’t see any tigers around, do you?
[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]
Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.
[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]

Standard democrat reply, anything positive in bush's presidency is meaningless.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
I agree with that,  but you have to put what they were doing in perspective.  Iraq was like a little kid being punished.  And we had been punishing them for years.  The little kid will do things to defy their parent from time to time.  these outburst don;t mean much becuase it never change the control we had over them.

At that particular time we had much more bigger fish to fry.............like Osmam and the bulk of Al queda in the Tora Bora Mts.

So when we would try to inspect a certain site and they tossed out inspectors out at gunpoint, then allowed them back in a couple weeks later, that didn't cause you to think something was fishy?

I mean thats like telling a drug dealer you will search his house in 3 weeks, odds are you will not find drugs at his house when you search then.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 01:06:52 PM »
True it was sex, but from what I recall they gave Clinton a definition of "sex" in his deposition that arguably didn't include oral sex.  Clinton gave a crafty answer based on that definition.  Don't remember all the details. . . .

It's interesting the view of sex in our society.

I'll give you an example:

I have a very religous friend who will let his 7 year old kid watch "Saving Private Ryan"  but won;t let him see 2 people kiss on TV.

Now don;t get me wrong.

I believe Clinton disgraced the office of the president.

But i also think BUSH has misused his powers as president.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 01:09:04 PM »

I have a very religous friend who will let his 7 year old kid watch "Saving Private Ryan"  but won;t let him see 2 people kiss on TV.

Now don;t get me wrong.

It is always amusing how any act makes people perceive things differently.  When Bush attacked Iraq, my first thought was FINALLY A PRESIDENT WITH A SET OF NUTS!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 01:10:22 PM »
Standard democrat reply, anything positive in bush's presidency is meaningless.

Whatever you say Homer.  

If you can't understand the level of discourse in the Simpsons then I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 01:10:38 PM »
So when we would try to inspect a certain site and they tossed out inspectors out at gunpoint, then allowed them back in a couple weeks later, that didn't cause you to think something was fishy?

I mean thats like telling a drug dealer you will search his house in 3 weeks, odds are you will not find drugs at his house when you search then.

I agree,  I agree, I agree.

It's just that, now the public knows the extent of Iran's and N. Korea's Nuclear capabilities, the US goverment had to know much more about that back then and instaed over stretched us in Iraq.   

We also had the opportunity to almost totally snuff out Al Queda in Afghanistan and blew it to go after Saddam.

To me that's a poor use of resources and we failed at a couiple of golden opportunities.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 01:11:08 PM »

Funny how none of the major news media at the time wanted to carry the stories of us finding vx gas and other wmd's in Iraq.  God forbit the american people get told the truth.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 01:11:59 PM »
It is always amusing how any act makes people perceive things differently.  When Bush attacked Iraq, my first thought was FINALLY A PRESIDENT WITH A SET OF NUTS!

I agree,  BUSH has nuts.  But what we needed was brains.  Rummy didn;t have them and BUsh didn't consult Powell who did.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
Funny how none of the major news media at the time wanted to carry the stories of us finding vx gas and other wmd's in Iraq.  God forbit the american people get told the truth.

FOX would have replace their pics of the American Flag with that news.   All they came up with was 500 ancient shells found in 2's and 3's all over Iraq.  No, evidence of manufacturing either.

Face it.  WMD's was false.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »
Whatever you say Homer. 

If you can't understand the level of discourse in the Simpsons then I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. 

If you can't understand that defending terrorists and murderous dictators is also a waste of time than we're not going to spend the time and effort to re educate you.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 01:17:27 PM »
FOX would have replace their pics of the American Flag with that news.   All they came up with was 500 ancient shells found in 2's and 3's all over Iraq.  No, evidence of manufacturing either.

Face it.  WMD's was false.

Negative shipmate..

WMD's existed.  SAddam used them on his own people.  He stockpiled them until inspectors came knocking and then out of the country they went.  The ones that were found were smaller stockpiles of vx and some other agents.  I wish I could share with you some of the things I saw since I've held a sec clearance.  It woud change everything.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 01:19:12 PM »

Now don;t get me wrong.

I wouldn't let my little ones watch Saving Private Ryan.  One of my friends said it looks like they really killed people in some of those combat scenes.   :)

Clinton disgraced the office in many ways.  

I'm still glad I voted for Bush over Gore and Kerry.  Not a perfect president by any means, but I'm glad we had his strong leadership during some of the toughest times in our history.  You gotta have a man with stones in the office during those times.  

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »
Whatever you say Homer.  

I truly believe you are a democrat since you base your political beliefs on an episode of The Simpsons.  *sigh*
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
I wouldn't let my little ones watch Saving Private Ryan.  One of my friends said it looks like they really killed people in some of those combat scenes.   :)

Clinton disgraced the office in many ways.  

I'm still glad I voted for Bush over Gore and Kerry.  Not a perfect president by any means, but I'm glad we had his strong leadership during some of the toughest times in our history.  You gotta have a man with stones in the office during those times.  

Imagine if we had of had Kerry who changed his views daily based on what polls said the american people wanted to hear.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 01:27:23 PM »
I truly believe you are a democrat since you base your political beliefs on an episode of The Simpsons.  *sigh*

There's nothing "political" in that little blurb from the Simpsons.  I thought it was a simple illustration of the fallacious argument that you made regarding "no more domestic attacks".   Obviously even logic presented at the level of the Simpsons eludes you.  If I have some time later I'll see if I can find something from the TeleTubbies.  Maybe that would be closer to your level of critical thinking.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 01:28:27 PM »
Negative shipmate..

WMD's existed.  SAddam used them on his own people.  He stockpiled them until inspectors came knocking and then out of the country they went.  The ones that were found were smaller stockpiles of vx and some other agents.  I wish I could share with you some of the things I saw since I've held a sec clearance.  It woud change everything.

Just becuase you hold a sec clearence doesn't mean the military doesn't still pump you with garbage.  My father went to many breifings on the USSR back in the 80's and they pumped everyone with a bunch of garbage there about dangerous the russian miltary was.

If VX gas did exsist, then it's benefits both the miltary and the BUSH administration to make it public. 

But they haven't.  This mere fact says more about the "the alleged VX gas" than anything else.

One thing you should also know:

Even with the WMD's i was against attacking Saddam.  I thought it was a bad idea at the time and not a good place to focus on at that moment.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 01:34:25 PM »
Just becuase you hold a sec clearence doesn't mean the military doesn't still pump you with garbage.  My father went to many breifings on the USSR back in the 80's and they pumped everyone with a bunch of garbage there about dangerous the russian miltary was.

If VX gas did exsist, then it's benefits both the miltary and the BUSH administration to make it public. 

But they haven't.  This mere fact says more about the "the alleged VX gas" than anything else.

One thing you should also know:

Even with the WMD's i was against attacking Saddam.  I thought it was a bad idea at the time and not a good place to focus on at that moment.

You might be right... but it's hard to pump me with garbage when I'm seeing what's happening on a live video feed and a satellite to boot.

Fact is, they had vx and more, and what-do-you know... it disappeared before we invaded. 

That's funny... even WITHOUT wmd's I was in complete support of the invasion.  We should've finished it in 91.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »
I know democrats hate this response but um when was the last terrorist attack on U.S. soil?  ah yes, 9/11.....before we took this fight to their so called Holy Land!

They don't have to get visas to kill americans now.  They just take potshots at the GIs stationed on their street corners.  why come to the USA when you can do it at home?

sucker.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 01:37:11 PM »
If you can't understand that defending terrorists and murderous dictators is also a waste of time than we're not going to spend the time and effort to re educate you.

who said anything about defending terrorists or dictators.

BTW - how's the job search going?