Author Topic: tribulus..  (Read 9380 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: tribulus..
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 11:22:27 AM »
tribules = waste of earned money.

Jeez Yates...
You sound bitter.
Did tribulus forget your birthday or something? ;D

Seriously though,
You speaking from personal experience???

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 11:38:49 AM »
Jeez Yates...
You sound bitter.
Did tribulus forget your birthday or something? ;D

Seriously though,
You speaking from personal experience???
yeah it forgot my bday once and thats it man, if you do that to me your cut off!

but I think it is a waste, you can get your test levels up natually by just being sexually active and lifting heavy.  Everyone seems to think that when they take tribulus they are taking synthetic test that is going to make them huge.  which is what i thought once haha, and the product literatley does nothing. same with ZMA i saw nothing.  and I've taken these for long enough periods of time.  Just my opinion thats all.
bodybuildersreality.com

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 11:48:35 AM »
you can get your test levels up natually by just being sexually active and lifting heavy. 

I'm married so . . . I guess I'll just have to lift heavy.  LOL

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 11:52:07 AM »
I'm married so . . . I guess I'll just have to lift heavy.  LOL
aaahahaha! nice rambo!  :D
bodybuildersreality.com

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 12:49:23 PM »
I have used a few different Tribulus products back in the day...  The only thing I noticed was that they made me burp up something nasty!  Tribulus products are a HUGE waste of money!  They just flat out don't work.

mwkcronin

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 06:58:49 AM »

Huge debate regarding this topic it seems.  Competing as a natty, I take the tribulous.  I'm also 36, and agree that if your in your 20's, it is a waste of money.

Is raising one's free testosterone levels, and getting that little extra surge prior to lifing a bad thing.  If you get horny when taking the product, then this means that you are more likely to have a more aggressive workout.  This due to a higher than normal level of the natural test.

I only take the stuff 1 hour prior to my workouts, and can say that not using the product is not an option.  Use the Brands that are reliable, and you probably will notice a bit of a difference. 

Again, your not adding test, the natural levels in the body are heightened by the added substance (tribulous).

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 08:48:29 AM »
I'm also 36, and agree that if your in your 20's, it is a waste of money.

I only take the stuff 1 hour prior to my workouts, and can say that not using the product is not an option.  Use the Brands that are reliable, and you probably will notice a bit of a difference. 

Again, your not adding test, the natural levels in the body are heightened by the added substance (tribulous).

Yes, as you and several other posters on this thread have pointed out, Tribulus only serves to increase your body's natural test production. It does not replace it.

Trib is NOT an artificial hormone. It does not carry the side effects of synthetics, and its results are not as dramatic as synthetics. But it can help certain individuals.
I understand that certain people here have tried it and experienced "0" results. Alternatively there are those who have used it with success.

I don't know all the specifics surrounding these trials, but here's my experience:

I'll be 28 in March.
I began using ON's Tribulus 625 on Jan. 9 of this year.

Initially, I used as directed (2 caps/day).
After appx. 2 weeks, I began substituting 1 ABB Tribulus Shot for one of the caps - only on training days.
This increased my daily trib. doseage by about 35% on those days (1 Tribulus Shot has just over double the Trib as 1 cap).

Currently, I am taking 3 caps on rest days, while still taking 1 cap & 1 drink on lifting days.
At this point I have experienced noticeable improvement in ALL of my lifts. Not dramatic, but NOTICEABLE.

Even people I see on a regular basis have told me I look a bit fuller, and my Chiropractor has commented that my back feels more dense and solid.
I will provide one final, detailed account at the end of the "cycle."

pinchharmonic

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 03:19:24 PM »
Considering that Trib isn't that expensive, I'd say it's worth a try. As I stated on another thread, I use Ultimate Nutrition's Tribulus Terrestris, which is usually $25 or less. The most recent bottle I got cost me $18.

I was one of the guys criticizing the study you posted. In that study, the "large dose" of Trib was 1.5 mg per pound of bodyweight. Again, that's 300 mg for a 200-lb guy (that's little more than a third of an Ultimate Nutrition Tribulus capsule).  Those who've reaped results with Tribulus tend to use FAR MORE than that. I use 1500 mg of it; another fellow who commented on this used even more than that.

Is there any danger of tribulus? I read in many places that people under the age of 26 should not take this.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 04:03:52 PM »
As someone else mentioned here, men younger than 25 already have naturally decent test levels. Their need for increased test production isn’t as great as it is for someone older.

The only literature I’ve read has indicated that use of tribulus IS safe.
If you haven’t already, read and study this comprehensive article:
http://www.nutros.com/nsr-02016.html

mwkcronin

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2007, 01:00:17 PM »

Regarding taking the trib after steroid use.  I would certainly do so, and make sure to take something else to restore your natural levels.  Write back if you have questions about a good product to take for postcycle use. 

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2007, 05:18:56 PM »
I did tribulus a couple of years ago and it helped a bit, but so does everything else. I donīt understand why people take so little of it, like 2-4 caps try using a lot more like 6-10 seriously. Eastern europeans did it back in the day and if iīll ever try it again so will i. There are really no danger with this supplement unless you take like 20 or snort the stuff. I get that some people might take lower doses because of financial cost, but tribulus is really cheap and if you want to get big, you need to invest.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 06:58:11 PM »
I did tribulus a couple of years ago and it helped a bit, but so does everything else. I donīt understand why people take so little of it, like 2-4 caps try using a lot more like 6-10 seriously. Eastern europeans did it back in the day and if iīll ever try it again so will i. There are really no danger with this supplement unless you take like 20 or snort the stuff. I get that some people might take lower doses because of financial cost, but tribulus is really cheap and if you want to get big, you need to invest.

I believe it's called "diminishing returns". At some point, taking too much Tribulus (or anything, for that matter) does more harm than good. Plus, I think it's fine if you get results with the smallest amount possible.

I use 1500 mg of Tribulus (two capsules from Ultimate Nutrition). Mwkcronin uses, it appears, 1250-1875 mg, depending on whether or not he trains.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 03:20:16 PM »
I understand your point and i agree that most of the time "too much of a good thing is a bad thing" ,but as far as tribulus goes 3000-5000mg, itīs really not that much...
Of course people (at least some people) get good results with lower doses, but they would get much better results with higher doses. I have allways been lucky, in a sence that pretty much everything i do/have done, in and out of the gym has made me grow. To each his own, but i would suggest to try higher dose at least for a little while.
Youīre not going to drop dead.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 03:29:23 PM »

tribulus at a young age doesn't do shit, also their is no real proof if it really works or not.

last time i had tribulus i was pissing green, lollll  but i don't know if it was mental but i had good experience with vitrix
are you delusional?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »
Yeah, tribulus is not a "wonder drug" some people say it helps, some say itīs a scam.
Go figure...
I believe Vitrix is a "higher dose" tribulus supplement...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2007, 07:22:57 PM »
Yeah, tribulus is not a "wonder drug" some people say it helps, some say itīs a scam.
Go figure...
I believe Vitrix is a "higher dose" tribulus supplement...

I believe the Trib in Vitrix is 80% saponins, as opposed to the kind I use from Ultimate Nutrition with 45% saponins.

That could factor as to why Vitrix is more expensive; plus, Vitrix has other items in it as well.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2007, 09:17:34 PM »
FWIW - I'm using Vitrix right now, this is probably the third time I've tried it with the other two times back when it first came out. The gelcaps in this bottle are WAY underdosed based on looking at them, the capsules are significantly less "full" than the were before. The formula hasn't changed to my knowledge, but i suspected something was up when I noticed no libido inc, etc this time around even at 2x the dose....

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 10:22:49 PM »

yeah i've noticed that too...........

another one that was not bad was tribestan
are you delusional?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2007, 06:54:10 AM »
Yeah, the supplement companies are allways trying "new ways to make a profit" and most of the time they do something that is flat out stealing, not to mention that many companies sell stuff that doesnīt work at all! Letīs take chitosan for example or some say HMB (never wasted money on that) completely worthless! Or for some supplements you should take 5 times the recommended dose to get anything, that might be dangerous in some cases (fat burners).

As far as iīm concerned the most important supplements are: whey, vitamins, fish oil, caloric based supplement (for some), of course there are plenty of other supplements that work, but you need to know what you are paying for. I like Universal products, but rarely buy them, because by the time the products get here the price tripled! No joke either!
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG