Author Topic: Joba's line: 7 IP, 9 K's, 3 hits, 0 ER. OWNED.  (Read 2243 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Joba's line: 7 IP, 9 K's, 3 hits, 0 ER. OWNED.
« on: July 25, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »
Hail to the King, BABY!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Joba's line: 7 IP, 9 K's, 3 hits, 0 ER. OWNED.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »
You know, I find that sort of hero worship to be pathetic.

Shame on you. ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 01:06:57 PM »
You know, I find that sort of hero worship to be pathetic.

Shame on you. ;)

Hahahaha, guess I had that coming to me. Don't hate on Joba, he's a lean, mean, pussying wrecking machine. Got the Sox number now too, apparently.  :D

Boston better shape up or they might be looking from the outside in come October considering the Yanks are making this run without their best pitcher and a host of injuries.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »
Yep, Joba is pretty nasty. Moving him into the rotation was heavily opposed by the media critics. But his recent showings are making them look wrong.

Also, the Yankees' trade for those two players was a huge move. One starter in the hitting order and one set up guy for the bullpen. They have enough offense for sure but those trades solidified their batting order and bullpen for the stretch run.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
Yanks smacking those faggy BoSox around again. Looking good Boston. Without a doubt, THE best team in baseball*!!!!!! OWNED!

*According to Body88.  ::)

body88

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 03:42:08 PM »
Yanks smacking those faggy BoSox around again. Looking good Boston. Without a doubt, THE best team in baseball*!!!!!! OWNED!

*According to Body88.  ::)

The only thing that got owned, was joba's shoulder..... Looks like the ace can't handle the stress of being a starter.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 07:30:24 AM »
Who woulda thunk it in regards to Mussina :o :o :o

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 09:45:38 AM »
Who woulda thunk it in regards to Mussina :o :o :o

That's what makes this season so frustrating from an injury standpoint - the Yankees were banking on him as a 4-5 to compliment the rest.

If Cashman pulled the trigger on the Santana deal, the Yankees are in first right now, and we don't have watch the absolutely terrible Melky Cabrerra try to play baseball.

Oh well, if the Yanks don't end up getting in, they should throw the bank at Sabathia, giving the '09 Yankees a rotation of Sabathia, Wang, Chamberlain, Hughes, Mussina/Pettitte/Kennedy.  That's damn good.

Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 11:04:18 AM »
That's what makes this season so frustrating from an injury standpoint - the Yankees were banking on him as a 4-5 to compliment the rest.

If Cashman pulled the trigger on the Santana deal, the Yankees are in first right now, and we don't have watch the absolutely terrible Melky Cabrerra try to play baseball.

Oh well, if the Yanks don't end up getting in, they should throw the bank at Sabathia, giving the '09 Yankees a rotation of Sabathia, Wang, Chamberlain, Hughes, Mussina/Pettitte/Kennedy.  That's damn good.

Oh I think their going after Sabathia big time.I just hope the Brewers don't ruin him.they no he's not staying so they never take him out of the game :-\
Melky is good in center but flat out atrocious with a bat :-X

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »

The only thing that got owned, was joba's shoulder..... Looks like the ace can't handle the stress of being a starter.

defintely going back to the bullpen when gets off the DL.

body88

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »

They tried the same shit with Pap, Joba is a closer/bullpen guy......and a damn good one. Leave him alone Hank ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »

No chance at all.

Joba's a starter, and has always been a starter -it's been the plan all along.  He's also proven already that he's able to handle the role, and has the makeup to be a solid #1.  The injury he has is common wear, not something that would prevent him from being a starter.

I doubt he'll ever see the bullpen again, unless it was one of those playoff games where everone's available to be used for relief.
Y