Author Topic: Shawn Ray Signs with Monster Barbell Company!  (Read 25222 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Shawn Ray Signs with Monster Barbell Company!
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2007, 01:15:52 PM »

You got his wheels turning...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »
Congrats! Amazing that Shawn Ray, retired from competitive bodybuilding, continues to work for contracts, and if one of the most successful bodybuilders in the sport. Many people could learn from him in PR, business, and much more. Whether he is arrogant or not, it doesnt matter.  

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2007, 01:25:58 PM »
Congrats! Amazing that Shawn Ray, retired from competitive bodybuilding, continues to work for contracts, and if one of the most successful bodybuilders in the sport. Many people could learn from him in PR, business, and much more. Whether he is arrogant or not, it doesnt matter.  
So what you're saying is Shawn Ray is STILL...a HUSTLER and knows how to 'play the game', right?
?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2007, 01:31:35 PM »
Lee, you're a funny "Little Guy" :P
Someone please post the picture of Little Lee running around on stage with that Pretty Red Cape and Oversized Red Boots from his last show. ;D
As for Keith.......... now Keith, you know I love you son! I told you that from Las Vegas at the USA on the phone while you were chowin down the last Rib at the Chicken Shack on the beach in Honolulu.
You can bust my chops anytime, it keeps me humble.
I'm Rockin the CL 600 V12 by Mercedes Benz
Got Milk 8)
PS: Lee, my wife is a Stay at Home mom, with a bun in the oven. Broke as a JOKE! :-*

Another person bragging about a car lease...hahahahah

destroyer69

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »
Congrats Shawn!!!

Yo!! that is a nice house and car.... That is what you get when you are smart. It is all about business. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »

It doesn't matter that he's arrogant? Even though he's trying to get us to buy his products? To watch his shows? To fund his tranny obsession?? C'mon, Ron.......
Thread Killer

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2007, 07:10:42 PM »
I highly doubt this company is paying him anything.  They are not a company with the funds to sponsor someone with any amount of decent cash. I bet you anything they are going to sponsor his show in Colorado though (if it is still going to happen).  He may also have taken a piece of the company.  It doens't seem to me this company will go too far.  Thier product is a gimmick.  Just like allot of those ab machines you see on TV.  It also says something about this company to sponsor a guy who is retired, was never known to have an elite set of forearms or for that matter train with such high intensity.  Weird business decision on their part.  But I do see Sean convincing them they will recieve allot of exposure from his show.  And you can bet he never released the number of attendees at his last show or the P&L.  I wish him luck though ::)

On a sidenote;  Lee would have been a much better choice to sponsor since he has the forearms.

I agree...Most "endorsement" deals are just pure "sponsorships" for a show. As we all know Ray and his ego have a huge problem not being in the limelight. He probably did exactly what onlyme says and Ray sign him a release to use him in the ads which keeps his mug around. Tamali did the same thing with ProTan. He got as hold of the owner and said asked for some protan and let him use his name, face and likeness in the ads. I bet almost all of Tamali's endorsements are like that and he has the nerve to say that he has so many endorsements and makes X dollars. It looks like Ray is going down that path too instead of him gracefully bowing out and operating behind the scenes...try it Shawn. Maybe Vyotech with have better success and happier athletes.

The BBinsider

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2007, 07:17:10 PM »
For Immediate Release:

January 5th, 2007

Shawn Ray Signs with Monster Barbell Company!
Monster Barbell Co. is proud to announce that we have reached an agreement with Shawn Ray & Shawn Ray Productions to promote our products.  We are very pleased to be associated with Mr. Ray, for not only is he a bodybuilding icon he is very knowledgeable, articulate and represents the high standards we associate our products with.
Shawn Ray will be inducted into the IFBB Bodybuilding Hall of Fame this year and has competed in  record 13 Mr. Olympia Contest, placing in  the top 5 in 12  consecutive years.

Pat Carr
Pres. / CEO
Monster Barbell Co. LLC

Looking good Shawn... Congradualations!

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2007, 07:25:11 PM »
Here I am.............Operating behind the scenes as the Colorado Pro Am is picking up steam!
Athletes:
Johnny Jackson, Idrise Ward El, Marcus Haley, Darrem Charles, Valerie Waugaman, Christine Pomponio Pate, Zhanna Rotar and more!
Commited Sponsors:
One2 One Fitness.
EST Nutrition
Bodybuilding.com
Darque Tan Salons
Flex Magazine
Egg Whites INT.
Gaspari Nutrition
Lord's GYM
Nutrition Forum
Bally's
Muscular Development
Pro Bodybuilding Weekly
Monster Barbell Co.
Muscle Milk
Body Rock Productions
Pro Wrist Straps
Max Muscle
Muscle Magazine Int.
The Lasik SPA
Shawn Ray Productions
The Point Athletic Club
Jarrow Formulas
IRONMAN Magazine
MHP
To name a few........... ;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2007, 07:27:59 PM »
Here I am.............Operating behind the scenes as the Colorado Pro Am is picking up steam!
Athletes:
Johnny Jackson, Idrise Ward El, Marcus Haley, Darrem Charles, Valerie Waugaman, Christine Pomponio Pate, Zhanna Rotar and more!
Commited Sponsors:
One2 One Fitness.
EST Nutrition
Bodybuilding.com
Darque Tan Salons
Flex Magazine
Egg Whites INT.
Gaspari Nutrition
Lord's GYM
Nutrition Forum
Bally's
Muscular Development
Pro Bodybuilding Weekly
Monster Barbell Co.
Muscle Milk
Body Rock Productions
Pro Wrist Straps
Max Muscle
Muscle Magazine Int.
The Lasik SPA
Shawn Ray Productions
The Point Athletic Club
Jarrow Formulas
IRONMAN Magazine
MHP
To name a few........... ;D

I'm sure I'm not the only one making a mental note to never purchase any of these products  ;D
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one making a mental note to never purchase any of these products  ;D

Obviously you haven't tried the new mint chocolate muscle milk. It's delicious.
E

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2007, 07:31:48 PM »
Sponsors are there to support and promote their products by way of Advertising.
I'm certain you dont use half the stuff you see advertised during the Superbowl but the Sponsors pay for you to know they exist by you tuning in.
Much the same way Sponsors advertise in magazines and shows.
You dont have to use their products but now you know they exist!
School is OUT! :-*

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »
Sponsors are there to support and promote their products by way of Advertising.
I'm certain you dont use half the stuff you see advertised during the Superbowl but the Sponsors pay for you to know they exist by you tuning in.
Much the same way Sponsors advertise in magazines and shows.
You dont have to use their products but now you know they exist!
School is OUT! :-*

My point is Shawn, you can't come on here and act like a jerk towards most of us, and then expect us to react positively to your business/sponsorship ventures.  Perhaps if I ever saw you answer a legitmate question put to you by someone on here I would think differently.  I think you have a huge amount of fans on here that you're beginning to lose (or already lost) because of your superior attitude towards us.  Just some business advice  ;) 
Thread Killer

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2007, 08:58:24 PM »
Let another man praise thee. and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips. - Proverbs 27:2 (KJV)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »
Let another man praise thee. and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips. - Proverbs 27:2 (KJV)

Good quote!
Thread Killer

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2007, 09:05:27 PM »
PHUCK that prick!

Anyone who boasts about their accomplishments doesn't deserve respect. he says he's been "humbled"!!! by what?

Shawn, seriously....how many enemies have you made on your way to "success"? from what we all know, you have screwed over almost everyone in the industry at least one time or another.

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2007, 09:10:33 PM »
Commited Sponsors:

Lord's GYM

Shame on THEM...and YOU too!

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. - Ephesians 5:11 (KJV)

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord... - 2 Corinthians 6:17(a) (KJV)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2007, 09:11:54 PM »
PHUCK that prick!

Anyone who boasts about their accomplishments doesn't deserve respect. he says he's been "humbled"!!! by what?

Shawn, seriously....how many enemies have you made on your way to "success"? from what we all know, you have screwed over almost everyone in the industry at least one time or another.

We can't wait til you just GO AWAY forever!

Shawn has some serious problems, particularly with getbiggers, when it comes to his public image.  I'd love him to come up with a good reason why any of us should help him get rich off this line of products.
Thread Killer

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2007, 09:12:06 PM »
Just when you thought supplements couldn't get any dumber...

Goat Whey is so 2006!!

Everyone knows that Alligator Whey is where it's at in the '07!

Order your Alligator Whey from http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eball/eball.htm

Special "Rat Protein is Truly the Perfect Protein with a 5.0 Protein Rating" Ed

BigNationRadio.com

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2007, 09:15:36 PM »
Just when you thought supplements couldn't get any dumber...

Goat Whey is so 2006!!

Everyone knows that Alligator Whey is where it's at in the '07!

Order your Alligator Whey from http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eball/eball.htm

Special "Rat Protein is Truly the Perfect Protein with a 5.0 Protein Rating" Ed

I love the CGI goat, just in case we didn't know what one looked like  ::)
Thread Killer

THE BAD GUY

• Getbig III
  • Some dream to get big I stay awake and get it done
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »
Come on guys S.Ray and Lee priest have made tons of money thats no doubt who cares why they say what they say they got the $$$ to back it up.....plus there is only a handfull of guys who actually know the behind the scene shit like  the getbig.com ppl .  Its the ppl at shows and supplement stores who are  buying this shit, they barley know f**k all .... they see a guy like Shawn or like lee and they say to themselves hey if they take it and look like that maybe if i do it i can look somewhat like that too...the pro's know ,we know , true BB fans know its the drugs they take not cell tech or watever OK , its the other ppl making these guys rich...............

Props to any of these fucks making cash cuz at the end of the week when that check is in the bank believe meeeeeeeeeeee no one and i mean NO one is thinking HEY WAS I AN ASSHOLE ON GETBIG.COM THIS WEEK?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2007, 10:14:11 PM »
It doesn't matter that he's arrogant? Even though he's trying to get us to buy his products? To watch his shows? To fund his tranny obsession?? C'mon, Ron.......

Absolutely - there is a difference between arrogant and disrespectful to the fans. Go up to him at an expo, he isnt disrespectful - he will talk to you, about whatever you want.  Try it once...   You want arrogant - when I went up to Wesley Snipes to take a picture, and he said to me "Not know - my aura isnt right", and he was at the Arnold After Party getting paid to be there.

Are you kidding me - it is all how you play it. Have you ever seen the shows of actors, actresses, with their million dollar homes and million dollar boats, and so on. Come on. Come to Hollywood - I will show you thousands who show their stuff. Shawn is one of the bodybuilders who is a savvy businessman who has people talking about him, PR's and actually works in getting the companies he represents out there.  Again, if many bodybuilders would do that, many of us would actually know who they are representing instead of just finding out about it in a magazine, or an ad.

My point is Shawn, you can't come on here and act like a jerk towards most of us, and then expect us to react positively to your business/sponsorship ventures. Perhaps if I ever saw you answer a legitmate question put to you by someone on here I would think differently. I think you have a huge amount of fans on here that you're beginning to lose (or already lost) because of your superior attitude towards us. Just some business advice

Shawn gets the word out - he doesnt act like a jerk. He has his own opinion, and has answered any question I have asked him. Just look at the two interviews I have done with him in the Interview section. One thing - Shawn isnt afraid to talk about anything. 

Once again - in my opinion, because SHawn has had great success with his bodybuilding career, PR with various companies, magazine deals, and much more - people and other bodybuilders are envious.

Remember, as a competitive bodybuilders (or any other independed contractor), it is up to you to learn your business savvy, your PR, to get the deals that put income. Many bodybuilders know that - but unfortunately, others do not.   

Shawn Ray's name is known throughtout the world as one of the greatest bodybuilders of the 1990's.  He works on things to help the industry, a fundraiser for kids, muscle camps, promoting a bodybuilding show, and much more.

I wish many other bodybuilders, past and present, would express an interest to do things, to promote themselves, to actually get their name out there.

Bodybuilders do not have the luxury of hiring a PR person like actors, actresses and companies do. They need to learn it themselves, and Shawn does a great job at it.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2007, 11:17:04 PM »
Yea >:(.......WHAT HE SAID! :-*

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2007, 12:49:05 AM »
what's up with Shawn constantly having to boast with his home/cars etc. etc.

i think shawn has the small penis complex. a confident man would'nt do that.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2007, 05:21:22 AM »
showing off your posessions is not a sin. After all, you bust your ass for it. Imagine if shawn had at least one Sandow or more, he probably would have been bigger than life. well, we'll never know.
Get Big, or Die Trying