Author Topic: Setting the Kamali Record Straight  (Read 10693 times)

sandycoosworth

Re: Setting the Kamali Record Straight
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »
good one slick

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2007, 02:04:59 PM »
i invented teh font color = black trick asshole

I believe the first one to discover that was Sir Duchaine, or whatever alias he was going by at the time... ;)

sandycoosworth

« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2007, 02:09:49 PM »
no it wasnt

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2007, 02:17:11 PM »
What no one has suggested is how Lift was supposed to get his money after 8 months of emailing, calling, billing, and politely asking for the money.  Did you expect him to call King's parents or hire a lawyer at his own expense or fly across the country and knock on King's door and beg him for the money?? Gimme a break. The only leverage a web designer has to get paid is to remove their work. No one with any business sense would have done anything else.

I understand the fanboys supporting King, but for industry people like Ron and 240 to fail to back up Lift is disappointing.

On one hand you have a Pro Bodybuilder who claims to be loaded, but when it comes to paying a bill, claims to be broke.

On the other, you have a guy who spent hours and hours of his time building a great website only to have his client refuse to pay.

I would expect those who run their own business and do their own billing to completely understand.

For those who mentioned that now Lift has ruined his relationship with King, ask yourself how having a deadbeat client who doesn't refer any business your way and refuses to pay his bill and doesn't appreciate the hard work you do is worth having any sort of relationship with.

Bottom Line: If King was able to come up with the money WITHIN TWO HOURS of the site going down, HE HAD THE MONEY ALL ALONG!!!
He was an IDIOT for NOT PAYING IT WHEN LIFT GAVE HIM a couple days of NOTICE.

Lift is a designer. He does great work. No one should hesitate to do business with him.

Special "Elevator Action" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »
no it wasnt

Too bad it all happened on the old board and the post(s) were lost.
But it was Sir Duchaine! ;)

sandycoosworth

« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2007, 02:20:10 PM »
no it wasnt :)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »
 Good post, Special'Sometimes you get the shaft'Ed!

I was disappointed to see Ron Himself try to "smooth things over" and win the appreciation from a guy with FROSTED TIPS who tries hard to be "street" and a "bad boy" over an honest, hardworking industry guy who JUST LIke Ron Himself loves the industry and has a genuine passion for it.

I understand why he did it but that's no excuse.

In no way shape or form would The King EVER stick up for Ron Himself or ever piss on Ron Himself if Ron Himself was on fire.

I have a feeling that Issac is a straight up guy and an even straighter shooter who would be a good loyal friend and colleague.

The cat is out of the bag and what's done is DONE. Issac came out LIGHT-YEARS ahead and The King's "stock" went down 3 more notches.

The whole industry reads this board.
?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2007, 03:01:44 PM »

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2007, 07:05:19 PM »
so why is his site up?

http://www.kingkamali.com

AVBG

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2007, 07:32:05 PM »
IMO, I don't think Isaac really gives a shit about his business relationship with KK. Lift studios thanks to Phil Heath doesn't need the high maintenence "debt collection" crap that comes with working for King Kamali

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Getbig getting to Kamali
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »
i think we should all work together and be nice for a while to get tamali to come back here. then once weve gained his trust we verbally rape him so he kills himself and we dont have to see that Monstrousity on stage anymore.....

The Heckler

Re: Getbig getting to Kamali
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2007, 08:07:48 PM »
robert the bruce is king's, um, "sponsor"

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »
so why is his site up?
http://www.kingkamali.com
Because he paid his bill. Get wit the program, pilgrim.

Special "John Wayne" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2007, 08:13:16 PM »
“One best poser award, two top 5 placing, and an Olympia qualification… Not a bad 2006. I finally have a winning formula that works each and every time and a team of amazing supporters to keep my fire burning. This has been an amazing year of learning, understanding, and maturing. My body is coming into its own and believe me folks you ain’t seen nothing yet! My new trainer, Jim Magnone and I worked together for only 3 weeks to turn everything around…. 3 WEEKS!!!! I can’t wait to get started with my off-season program. It’s amazing how insane I am sometimes…. Here I just finished a 32 week hell program and 3 weeks of almost total carb. depletion and all I could think about at dinner after the AC Pro was my program for 2007. I must be losing it! We both have the same image of King Kamali for 2007 that will take me from the 4th and 5th place finishes to 1st and 2nd. I want to send a big King Size thanks you to my team at MuscleTech. Your support, amazing supplements and outstanding athlete relations are second to none and make all the hard work worthwhile. Once again MuscleTech has proved to me why we are the best… Olympia here we come!”

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2007, 08:40:40 PM »
He got a pro bodybuilder to pay a debt without putting a gun to his head. That's fine work.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2007, 09:34:21 PM »
You know what Issac, you knew exactly what you were doing. By posting that is site was down due to lack of payment, you were hoping it would end up on here. In fact, you knew it would! That is pretty low. Also, as far as King fighting his own battles, making this post public made it open season for everyone, just the way you intended all long.

No need to press the issue if you think Isaac is doing this for publicity purposes. Sounds to me like what happened was Isaac asked King to pay, King ignored him, Isaac became more persistent, King became more avoiding, Isaac said "Pay up or else", King brushed him off, so Isaac   took matters into his own hands. In the end they both are wrong, but waiting 8 months for compensation of $1200 would piss anyone off.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2007, 11:44:24 PM »
My paperboy gets pissed when I don't pay him TWO DOLLARS each week. He chases me on his bicycle repeating "I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS" over and over. Once, he even spray-painted my house "PAPER NOT DELIVERED FOR NON-PAYMENT"!!! All that over two bucks!

Lane "Better Off Dead" Meyer
BigNationRadio.com