Author Topic: Spiderman 3  (Read 4574 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Re: Spiderman 3
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 12:45:20 PM »
Gracie Rules

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 07:52:55 AM »
since I'm a comic book nerd lets see if anyone knows the origin of Venom......

you get 50 comic book nerd points if you know it.....
nasser=piece of shit

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 07:59:57 AM »
It's an alien symbiote right?
$

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 08:00:41 AM »
since I'm a comic book nerd lets see if anyone knows the origin of Venom......

you get 50 comic book nerd points if you know it.....

Wasn't it an alien microbe that was brought in on a space shuttle returning from space? Haven't read any of the comics since I was like 10.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 08:01:49 AM »
It's an alien symbiote right?

yeah...but how'd spidey end up with it?  That'll show how much of a nerd you REALLY are...problem is I know this shit off the top of my head...
nasser=piece of shit

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 08:02:55 AM »
yeah...but how'd spidey end up with it?  That'll show how much of a nerd you REALLY are...problem is I know this shit off the top of my head...

Can't it jump from person to person whenever it feels like it?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 08:06:23 AM »
Can't it jump from person to person whenever it feels like it?

that one I don't know..I do know it used to be peter's black costume and he got it during secret wars II-I believe.  he wore it for awhile before he found out it was a symbiote and then it took over Eddie Brock...it eventually had a "child" named Carnage but Carnage was recently killed by a character named Sentry in the Avengers, he was ripped in half....there maybe another offspring out there, I don't really follow marvel as much as I used to...
nasser=piece of shit

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 08:07:09 AM »
that one I don't know..I do know it used to be peter's black costume and he got it during secret wars II-I believe.  he wore it for awhile before he found out it was a symbiote and then it took over Eddie Brock...it eventually had a "child" named Carnage but Carnage was recently killed by a character named Sentry in the Avengers, he was ripped in half....there maybe another offspring out there, I don't really follow marvel as much as I used to...

Yeah, I remember Carnage. He was pretty badass.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 08:30:55 AM »

I used to like that "what if" series Marvel had, remember the one with spidey if he had kept his cosmic powers?

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 08:46:08 AM »
Im pissed that they chose the wrong person for Venom!

In the comic book, Eddie Brock (Venom) is actually a reporter who actually lifted weights and has a bodybuilder's physique. When Eddie lifted during workouts and what muscles he built, the symbiote would augment his strength..so the stronger Eddie became, the stronger they (the symbiote and Eddie) became.

Eddie Brock wuld fuel his workouts with the hatred he has for Spider-man

The guy that plays Venom isnt even worthy to be Venom. They should have chosen a bodybuilder or someone more muscular to fill the spot....

Although Hugh Jackman made a good Wolverine in the Xman movie....Wolverine in the comics was actully about 5 feet tall...maybe a little short or maybe an inch taller. High jackmn is actually about 6 feet tall..maybe taller..but those in the comic book world knew that Wolverine is actually short.....Lee Preist or David Henry would have made a perfect wolverine ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 08:49:28 AM »
Im pissed that they chose the wrong person for Venom!

In the comic book, Eddie Brock (Venom) is actually a reporter who actually lifted weights and has a bodybuilder's physique. When Eddie lifted during workouts and what muscles he built, the symbiote would augment his strength..so the stronger Eddie became, the stronger they (the symbiote and Eddie) became.

Eddie Brock wuld fuel his workouts with the hatred he has for Spider-man

The guy that plays Venom isnt even worthy to be Venom. They should have chosen a bodybuilder or someone more muscular to fill the spot....

Although Hugh Jackman made a good Wolverine in the Xman movie....Wolverine in the comics was actully about 5 feet tall...maybe a little short or maybe an inch taller. High jackmn is actually about 6 feet tall..maybe taller..but those in the comic book world knew that Wolverine is actually short.....Lee Preist or David Henry would have made a perfect wolverine ;)

Yeah in the comics Wolverine was like 5'2" and Hugh Jackman is like 6'3"

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 08:51:50 AM »
In the comics...Venom is actually big, musclular, and tall. He is over 6 feet tall....

No justice to the Venom character!

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 09:15:57 AM »
Shit, I remember when I was a kid, I had both Venom AND Carnage's first appearances in the comics!  Then I lost them to my buddy gambling (poker)  :(

SM

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 09:16:51 AM »
I used to like that "what if" series Marvel had, remember the one with spidey if he had kept his cosmic powers?

I've got some awsome "what if"s from the 80's and 90's..

what if conan was alive in the 80's-he puts a sword through captain america's shoulder, he's a total gangstera and a pimp

what if wolverine had stayed with alpha flight-just an awsome issue...
Yeah, I remember Carnage. He was pretty badass.

I "think" carnage is looked at as a bad 90's character these days...kinda like Cable if you know who that is or any Rob Liefeld character from his Youngblood comic...
nasser=piece of shit

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 09:17:54 AM »
You can still buy their first appearances....on ebay :) To me its still affordable but you better hurry before the movie comes out because the price will increase as the movie becomes more popular

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »
I heard Lou Ferrigno has a cameo in the new Spiderman  8)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 09:21:36 AM »
I heard Lou Ferrigno has a cameo in the new Spiderman  8)

As Hulk?
Q

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 09:21:42 AM »
Cable is Scott Summer's (Cyclops) and Madelyne Pryor's son that was taken into the future to save his life....he became the man known as Cable. Cable has a clone named Stryfe who was the leader of the Mutant Liberation Front (MLF). Stryfe was cloned from Cable when Cable was a baby. Cable was raised by good people and Stryfe was raised abusively by evil people.....

If they made Carnage into one of the Spider-man movies...be prepared for a bloodbath because Carnage is a serial killer....

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 09:27:40 AM »
Cable is Scott Summer's (Cyclops) and Madelyne Pryor's son that was taken into the future to save his life....he became the man known as Cable. Cable has a clone named Stryfe who was the leader of the Mutant Liberation Front (MLF). Stryfe was cloned from Cable when Cable was a baby. Cable was raised by good people and Stryfe was raised abusively by evil people.....

If they made Carnage into one of the Spider-man movies...be prepared for a bloodbath because Carnage is a serial killer....

I got the 1st appearance of Cable back when it was worth about 85 bucks for a dollar at this rats nest of a comics shop...shit was thrown everywhere, I don't know how that place wasn't a fire hazzard...anyway it was just laying out, no bag, no nothing so I brought it to the register and played dumb and low and behold the guy sells it to me for a buck....

I don't think anyone really cares about cable these days, seems the luster has worn off, he used to be everywhere...now nobody cares if he comes or goes.  Same with a guy like shatterstar, used to be pretty popular now it's like "who?"
nasser=piece of shit

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 09:30:29 AM »
Yeah...after Rob Liefeld left X-force, it went downhill after that.

Shatterstar is actually Longshot's and Dazzler's kid from the future :)

Damn..you bring back so many memories of my comic book days :)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2007, 09:38:12 AM »
Yeah...after Rob Liefeld left X-force, it went downhill after that.

Shatterstar is actually Longshot's and Dazzler's kid from the future :)

Damn..you bring back so many memories of my comic book days :)

let's just say I know my shit when it comes to 80's and 90's comics...I ain't proud of it but I've got a ton of comics from that time period...I was into everything back then, I've got almost all of Jim Lee's run on x-men-there's some great stuff there and I've got almost all of liefelds run on x-force and alot of his run on Youngblood...it's funny cause most of those characters, from Youngblood were supposed to be for a teen titans book he was gonna do for DC...I mean Shaft is basically Speedy....it's kinda cheesy when you know that....
nasser=piece of shit

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2007, 09:44:39 AM »
The problem with Youngblood was Rob Liefeld could never make it for deadlines...had to wait a freakin long time for the next comic...then he created all these damn other books that looked the same...Supreme and other books. The Image comic books were supposed to be a world in itself..an Image Universe but it never made it that way....

Image comics was supposed to be where the creators beneftied and amde money not the greedy coporations....

Jim Lee was my favorite comic book artist..well him and McFarlane. Jim Lee sold his share of Image (Wildstorm comics) to DC comics..so did Whilce Portacio (Wetworks). DC owns them now 

Image comics became something they sought to destroy. At least Mcfarlane has the rights to his creation (Spawn) and is making money off of it :)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007, 10:24:09 AM »
The problem with Youngblood was Rob Liefeld could never make it for deadlines...had to wait a freakin long time for the next comic...then he created all these damn other books that looked the same...Supreme and other books. The Image comic books were supposed to be a world in itself..an Image Universe but it never made it that way....

Image comics was supposed to be where the creators beneftied and amde money not the greedy coporations....

Jim Lee was my favorite comic book artist..well him and McFarlane. Jim Lee sold his share of Image (Wildstorm comics) to DC comics..so did Whilce Portacio (Wetworks). DC owns them now 

Image comics became something they sought to destroy. At least Mcfarlane has the rights to his creation (Spawn) and is making money off of it :)
I remember all of this from the early 90's. Liefeld did Youngblood after XForce. Why did it take Whilce Portacio like...3 years for issue#1 of Wetworks as it was advertised as 'delayed' from 1991 but it came out in late 93.

Sam Keith is a great artist. Jim Lee tried something different with Deathblow and 'Bluddworlf' was a Lobo ripoff. Liefeld made a zillion characters ALL looking exactly the same. I did like 'Prophet' though. Best character he ever made besides Cable was 'deadpool' but he fked him up by making him wacky and slapsticky.

This brings me back...remember when it came out that the negroe with the skull paint from Youngblood was trying to fk Spawns wife? Wanda?  Hahahahaha!
?

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 10:36:32 AM »
Thats Chapel.....he is a punisher rip-off that had AIDS and boned as many women as he could LOL

Sam Keith was a great artist....he drew the MAxxxx for Image...excellent artwork

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 10:42:54 AM »

There you go!

Spawn made it to where the skull was permanantley part of his face.

Remember that Spawn issue about 'Billy Kincaid'? The ice cream man? That was a good one.

Liefeld spread himself out way too thin. That was his problem. he at one time was penciling like 4 different titles at one time.

Sam Keith was the best artist if you ask me...he gave Wolverines when he did 'Marvel Comics Presents' he gave Wolverine a big beer gut and made him stocky. He made his hair out of control. Thats the way it shouyld have been. Instead of him looking like a Olympia stage contender.

Dale Keown with PITT and I remember Stephen Platt who did Moonnight. I dont think he ever went to Image though.
?