Author Topic: PATRIOTS/CHARGERS  (Read 23749 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: PATRIOTS/CHARGERS
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2007, 07:27:16 PM »
Like I've been saying, I wouldn't bet against the Pats.  I knew it was over when the Chargers had to punt with about 3 minutes left in the game.  Brady is simply too good in crunch time.  Tough loss for the Chargers. 

Tough loss does not even begin to describe it! Chargers put played the Pats in every faset of the game and they lost, meaning they pretty much gave the game away! From stupid drops by Jackson early on, to that dumb turnover by Rivers, the Chargers beat themselves.

It was pretty sad to see the Chargers go out like that, considering the fact that they were sooo much better than the Pats and every other team in the AFC.

body88

« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »
Tough loss does not even begin to describe it! Chargers put played the Pats in every faset of the game and they lost, meaning they pretty much gave the game away! From stupid drops by Jackson early on, to that dumb turnover by Rivers, the Chargers beat themselves.

It was pretty sad to see the Chargers go out like that, consider the fact that they have sooo much better than the Pats and every other team in the AFC.

None of those defensive stops or big plays the pats made had anything to do with it. None of the times the pats ripped the ball free or made plays  when it counted had anything to do with it. The huge drive brady mounted to bring it close at halftime. The long pickups at the end. The last drive brady made. The defensive stops NE pulled off. The interception rivers threw, the fact they hade no time outs at the end etc.

The pats had plenty of muffed chances they brought on themselves.They could have scored more. Smart football is a huge part of the game. You need mental focus and lack of turnovers to win superbowls. It is not just based on who has the best players.

The colts won on 4 field goals and no tds in a complete offensive meltdown by the ravens.
Apply the logic to your own team, then talk about this one.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2007, 08:14:54 PM »
I can't debate point for point with these guys why the Pats won and the Chargers will be on the couch. The Pats played 60 min and the Chargers played 56 or so. The Pats took everything they had and managed to make a few more plays when it counted. This game could have been over a million times but the pats D would not give up..they did what they had to and gave Tom time to do what he does best...WIN ;D
L

body88

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »
I can't debate point for point with these guys why the Pats won and the Chargers will be on the couch. The Pats played 60 min and the Chargers played 56 or so. The Pats took everything they had and managed to make a few more plays when it counted. This game could have been over a million times but the pats D would not give up..they did what they had to and gave Tom time to do what he does best...WIN ;D

Plain old haters, nothing more. If the pats cured cancer they would say it was an accident and they did not deserve to do it. Fact is, they have done it so many times it becomes obvious the remarks stem from pure jelousy. Three rings in 5 years,12 -1 postseason and in the hunt year after year.

Nuff said!

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2007, 12:20:39 AM »
i watched the game a thought that pats got out played...However i watched it again today(taped it) and i have a diff/opinion....The Pats played on a much larger field then the Chargers...I don't know how many times Brady was starting inside the 10 yard line...It seemed like every other time the Chargers started out, they started at the 35 or 40...

The pats defense is what won the game for them...Even though the Chargers were moving the ball(1st half) they should have had alot more points..In the 2nd half the pats just shut them down...LT was so under played in the 2nd half it was silly..For that alone Marty should be gone Peroid...

Brady made some mistakes yesterday and if they were to lose, I think he would have took the blame for the loss...However he is also the reason they won...EVery other QB in the league(besides possibly manning) would have been rattled and not be able to do the things that Brady ended up doing to win...

Colts/Pats should be a very good game to watch..it will be interesting to see if the Colts defense can show up 3 games in a row now...I wouldn't bet against the Pats in this game but coming off such an emotional game like the Pats played is only going to be in the Colts favor in believe...And the fact that the Pats have to travel doesn't help their cause...With both QB coming off bad games, chances are they will both have great games and it may just come down to the kickers....Should be fun!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2007, 09:17:22 AM »
Horrible game management - shocker - by Marty.

He had no business challenging that fumble call which cost him a timeout and then I had no clue why they used that second one. 

On the final drive, Rivers screwed up by not clocking the ball after that first completion.  Throwing that 3-yard completion to Gates on the next play pretty much killed them.  When the final ball was caught and the clock stopped with 8 seconds to play, they really should've taken a chance to get about another 7-8 yards on a quick out.

That was the coach's call, though, and yet again, Marty found a way to put his team in the perfect position to lose.

That said, his guy's did make enough boneheaded plays out there today (fumbles, personal fouls) to make sure that they'd keep their coach's playoff record intact.

Marty only threw the flag down because the guy upstairs watching from the booth told him too.  Everyone blames Marty, and he did throw the flag, but only because of what the coaches upstairs told him too.  How many coaches would refuse to do this?  None, I'd bet.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

body88

« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2007, 09:32:10 AM »
I think Rivers told him to. he had no headset on. Did you see him throwing hand signals, lol?

Poor Marty. I heard his son turned down the Miami job, because Marty was going to look into it if he gets canned :(

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2007, 09:51:11 AM »
Brady and Patriot haters are a sad bunch. There's no reason or rhyme to their hate so debating them is pointless.

Can you imagine criticizing a team with the post season record of the Patriots? It's insanity.

And hating on Tom Brady? For what, winning? Yeah, Tom Brady sucks, all he does is win but he sucks.

Come to think of it, Montana sucks too. Oh, and so does Bradshaw. And let's not forget Aikman, he sucks as well. Oh, and one more, Elway sucks.

Notice how I mentioned Montana and Bradshaw first? That's because those are the only two quarterbacks in NFL history to have won more Superbowls than Brady. Only two have won more, but Brady sure does suck.

Trolls or morons, either way they're pathetic.

body88

« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2007, 09:52:31 AM »
Brady and Patriot haters are a sad bunch. There's no reason or rhyme to their hate so debating them is pointless.

Can you imagine criticizing a team with the post season record of the Patriots? It's insanity.

And hating on Tom Brady? For what, winning? Yeah, Tom Brady sucks, all he does is win but he sucks.

Come to think of it, Montana sucks too. Oh, and so does Bradshaw. And let's not forget Aikman, he sucks as well. Oh, and one more, Elway sucks.

Notice how I mentioned Montana and Bradshaw first? That's because those are the only two quarterbacks in NFL history to have won more Superbowls than Brady. Only two have won more, but Brady sure does suck.

Where have you been?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2007, 10:01:11 AM »

Where have you been?

Sometimes I don't have time to post. I can log on for a few minutes during a lull but only have time to read a thread  or two.

Nice job with this board body, it looks great. And what a great idea.

Separating out Politics and Sports from the General was genius. Although I notice there aren't as many interesting threads in General anymore.

body88

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2007, 10:05:43 AM »
Make shure to post here! Question, how is that new Toshiba hd/blueray dvd player? I need to buy one as my current receiver is not hd.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2007, 10:09:23 AM »
Make shure to post here! Question, how is that new Toshiba hd/blueray dvd player? I need to buy one as my current receiver is not hd.

Toshiba is backing HD DVD I didn't know they made a Blu Ray player? Let me do some research.

What do you mean by receiver? A DVD player isn't a receiver.

body88

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »
Toshiba is backing HD DVD I didn't know they made a Blu Ray player? Let me do some research.

What do you mean by receiver? A DVD player isn't a receiver.

I have a receiver with a built in dvd player. It is a multi disk dvd/surround sound receiver player made by Sony.

Do you think hd is the way to go.  The blue ray/hd player is made by lg, whoops!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
I have a receiver with a built in dvd player. It is a multi disk dvd/surround sound receiver player made by Sony.

Do you think hd is the way to go.  The blue ray/hd player is made by lg, whoops!

Are you set on buying a new receiver with a built in DVD player? Would you consider separate components? I assume this is for a surround system? What does your speaker set up look like? How many channels does your current receiver decode?

My gut tells me Blu Ray will win this battle with HD DVD but it's way too early to know for sure. Oh, I didn't think LG made that unit, I thought they dropped it last summer. I'll check it out.

body88

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »
I have no problem buying seperate components. My system has 5 speakers and a woofer. This is my set up.

xbr bravia lcd (40")

With these components. I went with the basic ones, since I knew I wanted the hd/ blueray player, which is like a grand, correct? The system sounds great tho. Not to mention, the tv was big bucks >:(.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »
I have no problem buying seperate components. My system has 5 speakers and a woofer. This is my set up.

xbr bravia lcd (40")

With these components. I went with the basic ones, since I knew I wanted the hd/ blueray player, which is like a grand, correct? The system sounds great tho. Not to mention, the tv was big bucks >:(.

With Sony you pay top dollar.

I sent you a PM explaining what my thoughts are. Yes, Blu Ray players are big bucks right now although you can get them for less then $1000 and HD DVD players can be had for around $500 but the HD DVD units haven't reviewed well.

Regarding the PM I sent you, if you're sticking with your current speakers I wouldn't buy the Pioneer VSX-1016TXV receiver I recommended. Although the upconverting DVD player I mentioned would still work perfectly.

body88

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2007, 11:29:29 AM »
Thanks bro.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2007, 11:35:52 AM »

When CrunchTime comes.  Brady's the man.  None better in all of the NFL, maby ever.  How many teams have 3 rings and 00 isn't even over.  Anyone who knows football knows it's a whole team that wins.  In the pats you have the best coach and quarterback in the NFL.  The Defence is nothing to sneeze at and with all the playoff experience 12-1, they are the team to beat.  I said weeks ago, the Pats and NO will be in the big game.  My prediction is sounding better and better.  Oh in the big one.  It will be a blowout.  Bet the farm.  Screw the points.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2007, 11:27:34 PM »
LG does have a combo Blu Ray and HD DVD player coming out in the first quarter of 2007. It's called the BH100 and it will drop for $1,200. The first such player to be able to play both DVD formats. Also, they're releasing a player for computers as well called the  GGW-H10N Super Multi Blue Drive. It will be able to read both formats but only will be able to write to Blu Ray disks, it will also cost $1,200.

Both are scheduled to be released on February 4.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2007, 09:09:24 PM »
LG does have a combo Blu Ray and HD DVD player coming out in the first quarter of 2007. It's called the BH100 and it will drop for $1,200. The first such player to be able to play both DVD formats. Also, they're releasing a player for computers as well called the  GGW-H10N Super Multi Blue Drive. It will be able to read both formats but only will be able to write to Blu Ray disks, it will also cost $1,200.

Both are scheduled to be released on February 4.

I was right the first time. The deal is off, LG won't be making the dual play system. Apparently the board that controls HD DVD protested an aspect of the player and has withdrawn it's support. So it won't be made.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2007, 09:39:59 PM »

I hate the Patsies because they win. Simple and true.