Author Topic: Raising the Bar 2 - Advance clip  (Read 23710 times)

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Raising the Bar 2 - Advance clip
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2007, 07:47:18 AM »
what makes a gym good or bad? is it what you see in that clip, or the talent of the athletes that come out of it.
all i know is there are about three national level bbers and there are atleast two pros there. we dont have the chrome weights you are used to but we have everything you need. 

lol!!! good one, victor!!

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2007, 07:56:06 AM »
Dave, I really like the first DVD and am looking forward to part two.  I live in DE and have trained with Big Al Fortney a few years back.  I currently work out at Fred's Gold's.  I am thinking about doing the DE this yr, and it will be my first show.  I was wondering with your busy schedule do you help novices with contest prep.  Your conditioniing is insane.  Anyways just wanted to say keep up the good work.

thanks so much...i do work with novices and ive also helped a few national level guys here in delaware and also online i work with guys from all over. i am very booked up with the upcoming competition season, but if you want, you can set something up to come into my office and have me take a look at you to assess how much work would need to be done.

www.davepulcinella.com. you can contact me off of my site, bro. talk to you soon

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »
yep! i fugure if i dont call them "pulldowns" , i cant be accused of doing pulldowns wrong! lol!

True  ;D

traps

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2007, 03:44:33 PM »
Dave and Mike,

It's Tim Covert I saw the clip of Raising the Bar and have read all of the subsequent posts. However, I am still learning how to post. I do not even know if I'm responding under Mike's thread or inadvertently made a new one. I still want to see if these comments even post. I have comments I just want make sure they are properly posted. Hope all is well with both of you. Tim Covert.

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2007, 04:01:35 PM »
Dave and Mike,

It's Tim Covert I saw the clip of Raising the Bar and have read all of the subsequent posts. However, I am still learning how to post. I do not even know if I'm responding under Mike's thread or inadvertently made a new one. I still want to see if these comments even post. I have comments I just want make sure they are properly posted. Hope all is well with both of you. Tim Covert.

HEY TIM!!! wassup? its dave. feel free to add to the discussion although youll be hard pressed to come up with an insult to me that hasnt already been covered here.
talk to you soon.

cant wait to see the rtb2 scene with our arm workout in it. we are totally gonna get blasted for our "form"

traps

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2007, 03:07:57 PM »
Dave,
You know our form looks ugly. In addition, anyone who reads training books and looks at pictures in muscle magazines can infer that our techniques are unorthodox especially at the the end of a set. This does not matter to us since we know it works for us. We never take the tension off the muscle being worked and who grows more? The guy who puts the bar down at the start of fatigue or the guy who keeps going with non-traditional form for extra reps and goes beyond fatigue? We know it's the latter since no one ever grew from staring at a bar after a perfect set of eight or ten reps with textbook form. I also know you do not care in the least what your appearance or your "form" looks like in a gym. You care about how you look on a stage. This philosophy is painfully evident given your elite physique. I feel you bro!

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2007, 11:07:30 AM »
Dave,
You know our form looks ugly. In addition, anyone who reads training books and looks at pictures in muscle magazines can infer that our techniques are unorthodox especially at the the end of a set. This does not matter to us since we know it works for us. We never take the tension off the muscle being worked and who grows more? The guy who puts the bar down at the start of fatigue or the guy who keeps going with non-traditional form for extra reps and goes beyond fatigue? We know it's the latter since no one ever grew from staring at a bar after a perfect set of eight or ten reps with textbook form. I also know you do not care in the least what your appearance or your "form" looks like in a gym. You care about how you look on a stage. This philosophy is painfully evident given your elite physique. I feel you bro!

hey, tim!! you know from first hand experience that the shit in that clip works!! lol!! man, we had some of the best workouts at golds- springfield and ballys back in the day. i miss it!! you have to promise that you will come down on the weekends and hit it with me this summer!!