Author Topic: Jose Canseco's book  (Read 4683 times)

thisiskeith12

Jose Canseco's book
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:41:38 AM »
He didn't care about doing what was right, only did it to get revenge because he's a big baby. Thoughts?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: Jose Canseco's book
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:11:04 PM »
He didn't care about doing what was right, only did it to get revenge because he's a big baby. Thoughts?
He definitely lied in that book.   He said he ran a 3.9 40 yard dash.  He brings up some interesting stuff, but from what I know about McGwire, alot sounds far fetched.  He was right on about Giambi IMO.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »
But, the entire media said he was full of shit. Turns out he was right about the widespread roid use people scoffed at.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 08:01:21 AM »
good book though.

Did not agree with him snitching on everyone.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 11:43:43 AM »
He needed the $.  I don't think he has many friends from the old days so he doesn't care if he's hurting anyone.  He's not the most sensitive guy, IMO.  When the book came out, I said it will piss of allot of people because most of it's probably true.  I got hammered, but in hindsight, most is true.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 11:52:10 AM »
It's funny because he was universally criticized before his book came out for being a lying scumbag.

His book literally changed baseball, he made large coin and changed the way everyone thinks about steroids in baseball.

He's a dirtbag but he's laughing last. He effectively is the reason McGwire isn't in the Hall of Fame.

McGwire must want to blow his head off with a sawed off shotgun.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 01:37:49 PM »
It's funny because he was universally criticized before his book came out for being a lying scumbag.

His book literally changed baseball, he made large coin and changed the way everyone thinks about steroids in baseball.

He's a dirtbag but he's laughing last. He effectively is the reason McGwire isn't in the Hall of Fame.

McGwire must want to blow his head off with a sawed off shotgun.

McGwire could get in if he'd come out and say he used them and apologize.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 02:00:08 PM »
McGwire could get in if he'd come out and say he used them and apologize.

That's probably true but he won't. That would open the flood gates. It's better for him to just keep his mouth shut.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »
That's probably true but he won't. That would open the flood gates. It's better for him to just keep his mouth shut.

The flood gates haven't been opened already? Pete Rose didn't make the hall of fame, and probably will never, because he denied betting on baseball. He denied it until a time came up where he could make a lot of money by admitting. If he had admitted, back before his banning from baseball, and apologized, I believe he would be in the hall today. Same goes for McGwire. Reporters don't hold a grudge as long as you are truthful and apologetic. Believe it or not, they love the American story, succeeding, falling down, and picking back up. Compassion and remorsefulness go a long way. Steroids are blatently a part of baseball but the numbers (attendance and earnings) show booming growth over the past decade. It hasn't kept them from the ballpark. Remember, it's the American baseball media trying to keep integrity in baseball.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »
The flood gates haven't been opened already? Pete Rose didn't make the hall of fame, and probably will never, because he denied betting on baseball. He denied it until a time came up where he could make a lot of money by admitting. If he had admitted, back before his banning from baseball, and apologized, I believe he would be in the hall today. Same goes for McGwire. Reporters don't hold a grudge as long as you are truthful and apologetic. Believe it or not, they love the American story, succeeding, falling down, and picking back up. Compassion and remorsefulness go a long way. Steroids are blatently a part of baseball but the numbers (attendance and earnings) show booming growth over the past decade. It hasn't kept them from the ballpark. Remember, it's the American baseball media trying to keep integrity in baseball.

Up until right now the only proof we have of any of the big stars taking steroids is sealed Grand Jury testimony. They still have plausible deniability on their side.

If McGwire admits steroid use then the flood gates will open regarding actual proof, an admission is actual proof. If he admits then everyone will want to know details, when, where, how much, who was the supplier and who else was using. That my friend is the flood gates opening.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 05:58:18 PM »
McGwire's bro is jacked and had a BBer working for him and his associate was jacked.  I know for a fact the employee was on the sauce.  But that has nothing to do with McGwire himself.  His brother Jay lives in my hometown.  Own's his own personal gym.  He's big like Mark and he's natural.  Looks just like him too, nice guy, very religious.
Squishy face retard

thisiskeith12

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 06:25:33 PM »
Up until right now the only proof we have of any of the big stars taking steroids is sealed Grand Jury testimony. They still have plausible deniability on their side.

If McGwire admits steroid use then the flood gates will open regarding actual proof, an admission is actual proof. If he admits then everyone will want to know details, when, where, how much, who was the supplier and who else was using. That my friend is the flood gates opening.

McGwire used prohormones. He was fat.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 06:37:19 PM »

He was fat only when compared to a bodybuilder but he was in fantastic shape for a baseball player. I saw him in person at a place called Daisy Buchanon's in Boston. He was EXTREMELY impressive in person and his forearms were GIGANTIC. I don't know what he used but he was a big dude.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 08:06:09 PM »
He was fat only when compared to a bodybuilder but he was in fantastic shape for a baseball player. I saw him in person at a place called Daisy Buchanon's in Boston. He was EXTREMELY impressive in person and his forearms were GIGANTIC. I don't know what he used but he was a big dude.

I think if he admits and apologizes, he's golden.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

He used more than that.  I have a rookie card when he came out of USC.  You don't gain 35 lbs of muscle by taking just prohormones.  He looked like his little brother Dan, who played QB at SDSU. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 11:21:38 PM »
He used more than that.  I have a rookie card when he came out of USC.  You don't gain 35 lbs of muscle by taking just prohormones.  He looked like his little brother Dan, who played QB at SDSU. 

Exactly.  And Canseco has a twin brother.  They looked like Popeye and Bluto after Canseco started using the sauce.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 12:32:54 AM »
Ozzie is proof that Gear alone does not a champion make. 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 06:09:22 AM »
He definitely lied in that book.   He said he ran a 3.9 40 yard dash.  He brings up some interesting stuff, but from what I know about McGwire, alot sounds far fetched.  He was right on about Giambi IMO.

I gotta buy it on eBay today!
The House that Ruth built

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »
Good point about the brothers Canseco!  I met both in 89-90, you could barely tell them apart.  They were both monsters!!!!  For baseball that is!!!!   Ozzie could hit the long ball up to about double a.  If I remember correctly he had a bunch of power but he could not hit real deal major league arms.  I dont think Jose was taking better stacks.  Steroids dont make baseball players, practice makes baseball players(to put it simple). :P ??? ::) :-\ :o :( >:( ;D :D ;)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »
Good point about the brothers Canseco!  I met both in 89-90, you could barely tell them apart.  They were both monsters!!!!  For baseball that is!!!!   Ozzie could hit the long ball up to about double a.  If I remember correctly he had a bunch of power but he could not hit real deal major league arms.  I dont think Jose was taking better stacks.  Steroids dont make baseball players, practice makes baseball players(to put it simple). :P ??? ::) :-\ :o :( >:( ;D :D ;)

Ozzie had trouble with pitchers who throw off speed junk, or when they used the entire plate.  He could hit a fast ball a country mile, and played defense like his brother.  Not to mention he wasn't as fast as Jose. 

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 11:05:10 AM »
Thats what I was pretty much saying.  There is a big drop off of guys that can hit legit pro pitching.  Guys that can place balls and move balls.  Jose used to kill balls in bp.  My uncle played for minn twins,  I lived with him when I was age 10-12.  My cousins and I would shag balls for the guys hitting batting practice.  When certain guys would come up to bat we would have to get off the field!!!!!!!!!! :D