Author Topic: Whats you favourite Sporting moment and why?  (Read 8584 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Re: Whats you favourite Sporting moment and why?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »
Champions League and Uefa Cup!!!!!
S

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007, 09:19:16 AM »
Ohio State winning the national championship... reminds me of better days...

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »

3) 2005 Masters - Tiger's Chip for Birdie at 16 on Sunday - That ranks as the most improbable golf shot I've ever seen.  The fact that it occured in the final round of the Masters makes it legendary.

Runners-up include:

- Jennifer Capriati winning the 2002 Australian Open after being down a set and 0-4

I forgot about Tigers chip. Yeah that was truly a great shot

Was that the final against Martina Hingis? What I remember most about that game is heat, sweat and very erect nipples on both girls

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2007, 10:34:27 AM »
1. Robert Horry sinking a 3 as time expired, capping off an amazing Laker comeback over the Sacramento Kings in the Western Conference championship, on the way to an NBA title.  Reason: the defeated look in the Kings' eyes.

2. Derek Fisher hitting a 3 after the ball was inbounded with .7 seconds remaining lifting the Lakers over the Spurs in the NBA playoffs. Reason: the defeated look in the Spurs' eyes.

3.  Shaq's slam in the waning moments of game 7 against the Portland Trail Blazers in game 7 on the way to the Lakers 2000 NBA championship  Reason: the defeated look in the Trail Blazers' eyes.

4.  Sugar Ray Leonard defeating Marvin Hagler.  Reason: Nobody though Hagler could be beaten and Leonard was considered washed up.

5.  Evander Holyfield knocking out Tyson.  Reason: Nobody though Tyson would be beaten again and Holyfield was considered washed up.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 03:49:44 AM »
Daniel Son's comeback to defeat almost the entire Cobra Kai contingent in his first ever tournament  ;D
Scouser on Tour

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 07:01:05 AM »
Daniel Son's comeback to defeat almost the entire Cobra Kai contingent in his first ever tournament  ;D

LMFAO!!

SWEEP THE LEG!!!!

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 08:46:36 AM »
DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!

..........no sensei

No Mercy!  ;D

Scouser on Tour

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 08:58:28 AM »
The Baltimore Ravens winning the 2001 Superbowl. God damn, what a day that was!

Hopefully, the next greatest moment will be when they hoist the Lombardi trophy after winning the 2008 Superbowl!

I can dream, can't I?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »
DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!

..........no sensei

No Mercy!  ;D

LMFAO!!! best part of the movie. Sensei was a ruthless SOB!

NO MERCY!!! OUT OF COMMISSION!!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 10:26:19 AM »
The night Tyson got his ass kicked by Buster Douglass.  Totally unexpected and what boxing is all about. 
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 01:23:47 AM »
Gretzky to Lemieux....top shelf...game over...Canada Cup '87

Tommie Frazier rips the Florida Gators a new one...Fiesta Bowl 1996

Cincinnati Reds end the Oakland A's dynasty before it can even start sweeping them 4-0....1990 World Series

Kirk Gibson's home run off Dennis Eckersley...1988 World Series (and i usually hate the Dodgers, but that was unreal)
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2007, 01:31:18 AM »
Some of my favorites:

9? - Not sure what year it was (early-mid 90's), but Florida St had just finished destroying Rutgers like 70-0 on espn. After the game, the rutgers coach said "he (Bobby Bowden) ought to be ashamed of himself, these are kids!" .....When told about what the rutgers coach said, Bowden replied, "Don't put us on your schedule then!" LMFAO!!!! ;D ;D ;D

i'm not a big Bowden fan. the '94 orange bowl was a heartbreaker, but this made think of a time FSU was on tv and they're interviewing Bobby on the sidelines as the 3rd quarter is starting and you can see the play happening behind him. FSU calls a friggin' double reverse flea flicker and Bobby has his back to the play like it's no big deal chatting away with the sideline reporter, not a care in the world. man that cracked me up.   :D
Go Big Red!!!

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2007, 04:36:33 AM »
Ulster winning the European Cup  - watching your Province being crowned European Champions and getting drunk, what could be better!!

British and Irish Lions in South Africa in 1997, 1st and 2nd Tests - Matt Dawson's dummy, getting drunk (if you ever get the chance watch Living with the Lions, amazing fly on the wall stuff)

England beating the Aussies in the last Ashes series in England - probably the best series of cricket I have ever watched

Watching New Zealand doing the Haka at Murrayfield in the 2001 World Cup - drunk, laughing at Scottish people!!

Northern Ireland 1 - 0 England - didn't watch the match, but it is always nice to beat the English at something  :P