Author Topic: The numbers just dont lie  (Read 2161 times)

body88

The numbers just dont lie
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:35:26 AM »
Two of the best quarterback's ever. One a clutch, multi time superbowl MVP and winner. The other a 2 time league mvp, and the greatest statistical QB ever.Some say the best "pure skill" qb to play the game. Both played two games, with  Manning posting his usual post season numbers (terrible) While Brady had a carerr high 3 picks yesterday. Brady played flawless in his first playoff game, but had 3 picks to his 2 touchdowns passes yesterday, against  BY FAR the best team in the league. Manning has struggled in both games his games.

To Mannings credit he mounted several key drives to allow his kicker to score points so they could win the game. He was also facing the leagues best defense. To Brady's credit he mounted several key drives down the field, that resulted in touchdown passes to get his team the win, against the best team in the league who had completely shut down three great running backs, all game.

yds   att    cmp    td's    int's   long           Rating
1 Tom Brady N                492   85      49      4       3       49          75.2

(12-1 postseason)
2 time sb mvp
3 time sb winner
led leauge in passing 05, 4100 yards, 92 % rating

2 Peyton Manning IND       438   68      45     1        5      42          58.3

(5 - 6 postseason)
2 time league mvp
Many statistical records
very talented thrower
Led the leauge passing 2003, 4,200 yards, 99% rating

8 Philip Rivers SD              230   32     14       0       1      58             55.5

This is not a knock on Manning. I think he is one of the greatest qb's ever. Just some numbers I thought some of you might find interesting. I think when manning gets a ring the problems he has post season will fade.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: The numbers just dont lie
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »
god the chargers gave that game away
Valhalla awaits.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Re: The numbers just dont lie
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 05:09:52 PM »