Author Topic: Low Self Esteem (Women)?  (Read 4056 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Low Self Esteem (Women)?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 01:38:53 PM »
Wow!!! There's a lot of anger in your post. I'm not saying that you're angry with women, but perhaps with the culture.

yes, in the US, we make a bigger deal about sex.  And a lot of women do have issues with their own perceived or real "sluttiness." But I think that you are making a bigger deal about these issues than they really are. 

A lot of the issues stem from the fact that a lot of American men are not ready to deal with sexually assertive women.  perhaps sexually assertive women undermine certain aspects of the culture that has produced the United States, but the plain fact is that the 60s did happen.  Feminism happened, for better or for worse. 

Men need to get over their own self-esteem issues/feelings of inadequacy and accept that they are probably not going to wind up with some shrinking violet who is both beautiful and "pure" in the nineteenth century sense of the word.

I believe that there are a variety of reasons why men and women cheat, and low self-esteem is not always the cause. 

And women marrying "average" guys doesn't necessarily equate to women settling.  Good looking people may be more shallow, irritating, egotistic, or have a greater variety of other issues that make them poor long-term prospects.  So maybe the women are just being smart by avoiding them as spouses and choosing people they can actually live with?

i'm more angry at the lax standards that men and women have of each other. But yet complain about the other...  People who also don't take responsibility of one's actions, but blame "their daddy didn't love me" on the reason why she sleep with 10 guys in 4 days..

Truth be told, I like sexually assertive women. You want it, you get it. But don't as I have seen, expect the "don't judge  on my past" type of mentality. Which would you choose a 2007 Mercedes SL with few miles or a 2007 SL with 100K miles? That is the way some times one has to look at it.

just that many of these women are not sexually assertive, a sexually assertive woman doesn't flash breasts and give the middle finger and say" f u man". No, that woman is out of control. The US refuses to talk openly about sexuality, so what women get is what is put on MTV, BET, and VH1.
 And most women who sleep around only do it because they that is the only way they get a man to notice them. Giving away peices of themselves, and you see the end results, they are shells of themselves. Sex to many has only becaome a away of obtaining an endorphine high, from one to the other. Instead of looking at it as a "I will blow your mind". 

Look at the way Janet Jackson was treated. Poeple made a big stink over a nipple that you could only see if you enhanced the pic (like 100X) than the act of Justin Timberfake ripping the article of clothing off. Why? Well because as one man put it, "i don't want my son asking me questions about, 'what is that'"

I see that it seems that you view women who act like they don't have any home training and act like they have  "open" sign on their vags is being sexually assertive, It is not. A sexually assertive women tends to have a certain attitude, it is in her walk, her talk, the way she looks at you. She could be fully covered, but she oozes sensuality (something that many Am. women lack). 

That is what I'm saying, many of these women lack sensuality, but they are only imitating what they think will get them a man, and it doesn't.

I don't care about a beautiful and pure woman in the 19th century vernacular, but  a woman's virtue (her  character) should be questioned and held in high regard, as a man's should. But, character on many a woman's list tends be right down there near "trimmed nose hair".