Author Topic: has anybody ever met an MMA STAR?  (Read 4854 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: has anybody ever met an MMA STAR?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 02:56:15 AM »
A lot of "stars." 

Most recently with Xande Ribeiro. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 08:34:31 AM »
Royce Gracie, Royler Gracie, Renzo Gracie, and Frank Shamrock.
!

raziel

• Getbig II
  • Satan lives in the hearts of all children.
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 12:48:44 PM »
does napao count?  he's 3-0 in the ufc and would've gotten a title shot if couture didn't come out of retirement.  i wouldn't really call him a star though
Jesus gives awesome head!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 01:08:56 PM »
Oh, and Matt Serra.  ;)
!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »
Royce Gracie, Royler Gracie, Renzo Gracie, and Frank Shamrock.

Never had the pleasure of training with Frank or Renzo, but have trained with Relson (still do), Rickson, (at a seminar), Royler, Royce, Carlos Valente, Romolo Barros, Rigan Machado, JJ Machado, John Machado, Erik Paulson, BJ (seminar), Charuto, Mayhem, Shinya Aoki (seminar), Ron Jhun and Ray Cooper occasionally train at our school, Harris Sarmiento, James Martinez, Egan, Enson Inoue, Rumina Sato (seminar), Hayato Sakurai (seminar), Yuki Nakai (seminar). 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 02:47:13 PM »
Never had the pleasure of training with Frank or Renzo, but have trained with Relson (still do), Rickson, (at a seminar), Royler, Royce, Carlos Valente, Romolo Barros, Rigan Machado, JJ Machado, John Machado, Erik Paulson, BJ (seminar), Charuto, Mayhem, Shinya Aoki (seminar), Ron Jhun and Ray Cooper occasionally train at our school, Harris Sarmiento, James Martinez, Egan, Enson Inoue, Rumina Sato (seminar), Hayato Sakurai (seminar), Yuki Nakai (seminar). 

enough allready!  >:(
Z

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 03:25:22 PM »
enough allready!  >:(

i wonder if he only "met" em or if he was sodomized by them also

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 03:45:20 PM »

I got the snot kicked out of me by everyone of them.  My claim to fame at Relson's was I was able to stay in guard with Royce for 2 minutes before he caught me. 

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 04:26:28 AM »
never trained with them, just met Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva at the beginning of his carreer, Pedro Rizzo, Marco Ruas, Wallid Ismail, Royler Gracie, Ryan Gracie, Murilo Bustamante and Fabio Gurgel. And when hapenned the UFC Brazil i saw very close on the backstage of the event Tank Abbot and Frank Shamrock
!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 06:06:45 AM »

I was just jealous. That's a good list of fighters I wouldn't mind train with myself.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 06:08:23 AM »
that's one of the cool things with mma, some of these guys are superstars, especially in Japan for instance, but yet they're not out of reach, you can roll with them on seminars, some run their own clubs, some works as trainers at least some of the time etc... you can't say the same for a lot of other sports.
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 10:20:17 AM »
No MMA stars, But met Mike Tyson in a verizon wireless store and he was one of the stupidest people i ever met. He tried telling me his name was maurice. Yeah with gold teeth a face tattoo. High pitched voice and not to mention a pretty big build.(Short) Then he broke down and said he was Mike Tysson. He just likes to act like someone else or so he said. Real inteligent. Hung out with Mickey Ward for a whole night real humble normal guy. We kept buying rounds for each other. I ened up puking when i got home. Training with Eddy Bravo in 2 weeks.

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 10:43:39 AM »
I've met Dan Severn and Matt Hughes.  Dan fought in Corbin, KY and got his butt kicked bad.  Matt was in Middlesboro, KY as the special guest for some amatuer fights and I went up there to watch em and meet him.  He seemed to really get into the fights, he watched quite a few of them.  He also ref'd about 4 fights.

SL-Dubbs

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »
i stood about 5 feet away from Andrei Arlovsky at the Pride fight in November in Vegas. that doesnt count as "meeting" though I would say

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2007, 02:12:52 AM »
I met Tito Ortiz in AZ and he was cool as f**k.

I met The Iceman, George St. Pierre, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Kenny Florian, and Kendall Grove at the UFC 61 meet and greet.  They seemed cool but it was very brief becuse there were a lot of people waiting.  Forrest was busting my chops for wearing my Punishment Athletics t-shirt.  I'm impressed by how available most of the UFC fighters are.
Come at me Bro!

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 06:44:41 PM »
every 20 year old kid is in mma know adays its a trend i cant wait to end. seriously in the past 3 years my gym has grown by about 150 people they come and go. spring break, winter break, summer time thry are rarely there but they still walk around shoulders back, head high and laim they are training to be ultimate fighters., however on a good note we have gotten alot better equipment and even a larger location due to all the money coming in

SL-Dubbs

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 09:37:35 PM »
I met Tito Ortiz in AZ and he was cool as f**k.

oh yeah, that reminds me. I met Tito at the Red Room in Lake Havasu

SDMF

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 08:18:56 AM »
I met Tito on 2 separate occasions and he was very nice and approachable.  I met Atruro Gatti very briefly where I said hello and he was very quiet.......

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 03:21:54 AM »
talked to cutler the other day on the phone. he congratulated me for the support. he didn't actually say i was one of the main reasons for him winning the mr olympia, but i can read between the lines.

if you can read between the lines then you could see what finger i have sticking up

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 03:24:50 AM »
saw ken shamrock in a fight at a local bar in calgary when he was trianing with the heart family make his wrestling debut