Author Topic: MD forums blocking BB.com links?  (Read 4625 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: MD forums blocking BB.com links?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »
So your NOT competing aainst us now?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Don't worry Bob....   if MD ever gets bigger than BB.com, I'm sure they'd be willing to buy you a bodybuilding title too!
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 12:10:02 PM »
Guys: your is possessive as in this is your pen, while you're is short for you are, as in you're coming over to my house.

:-\

You don't know what your talking about. Where did you get you're degree, out of a Cracker Jacks box?  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 12:12:50 PM »
what's "ur"?

A city in ancient Mesopotamia.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 12:37:21 PM »

Don't worry Bob....   if MD ever gets bigger than BB.com, I'm sure they'd be willing to buy you a bodybuilding title too!

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »
Bob,

You have nothing to worry about. This whole situation is highly ironic. Let's review the facts.

1.) MD spams other boards but then deletes most everything on their board that doesn't pertain to them.

2.) MD spams other boards but then bans the people who come over to their board and have the nerve to disagree with them. They'll justify this by saying the people were acting like "fools" or didn't follow some set of ambiguous "rules" that are open to interpretation.

3.) MD claims bodybuilding.com is their idol or role model in the industry because of the success they have achieved, but then censors or deletes anything on their board that references their business ideal.

Unless they have different personnel conducting the other aspects of their business I don't think they could sell water in a desert. Their circus sideshow gets funnier by the minute.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 01:55:13 PM »
Worried? LOL...I'm anything but worried....juswt trying to figure out where they're coming from.

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
i dont think palumbo should be allowed to spam getbig with his pics, contests, radio announcements, etc, if they are going to take such an anti-getbig, anti-PBW approach over there!
Chadwick Mower in 2008

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 04:04:37 PM »
Bob,

You have nothing to worry about. This whole situation is highly ironic. Let's review the facts.

1.) MD spams other boards but then deletes most everything on their board that doesn't pertain to them.

2.) MD spams other boards but then bans the people who come over to their board and have the nerve to disagree with them. They'll justify this by saying the people were acting like "fools" or didn't follow some set of ambiguous "rules" that are open to interpretation.

3.) MD claims bodybuilding.com is their idol or role model in the industry because of the success they have achieved, but then censors or deletes anything on their board that references their business ideal.

Unless they have different personnel conducting the other aspects of their business I don't think they could sell water in a desert. Their circus sideshow gets funnier by the minute.

plus...They're lying about the MD circulation. Weren't they the ones that were trying to "sell" to everyone that this industry should unite so it could move forward.
The BBinsider

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 04:28:24 PM »
plus...They're lying about the MD circulation. Weren't they the ones that were trying to "sell" to everyone that this industry should unite so it could move forward.

Their actions seem pretty divisive to me.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 04:46:03 PM »
I agree, I have said this time and time again there is no way that MD is comparable to any other muscle magazine given the small distribution channels. Particulary within the international arena where MMI, Flex etc. sell their magazines extensively MD is never to be seen.

SecondFocus

• Getbig II
  • Wanna See More...?
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »
Without question at BodyBuilding.com we have the most and best content anywhere, including all of the websites and all of the magazines. You can find the best and most independent information about buying supplements if you want to, and at fair prices with excellent service. And all of that content is free and will stay that way.

And everyday when I am on the phone, e-mailing or messenging with all of the people at BodyBuilding.com, we are talking about new ways of bringing in more and better information and features. We don't talk about how to sell you more. We talk about how to bring you more. I am competely serious about this. I have been associated with great companies and this is one of the best ever.

With that said, the people at MD to a person have been nothing but cordial and considerate to me. I am not here to run their business, their website or their new store. So I will not even criticize any of it. Steve Blechman can certainly run his business without my advice and to be honest, I wish them only the best.

But they or anyone else will never be BodyBuilding.com
Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 06:23:40 PM »
Filtering bodybuilding.com' is just plain wrong. Against what we all talked about free speech. I understand not having links to each other's cyberstore, aka advertising, but just filtering a url is not cool. And yes, I spoke to Steve Blechman to rectify this problem.

People shouldn't forget about this... Romano launched his little war on Getbig in MD... He took it to the magazines and did a few articles pushing the idea that only people who post their face and real names should post.

Romano is cool - he isnt anti-Getbig at all. 

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 08:08:06 PM »

Let's not try to start a war where there is not one.  BB.com is a good client of ours and their business is appreciated.  Fact is that we like what they are doing with their forums and how successful they have been in building a community.  That being said, they are pretty strict rule wise on their forums and that does not appear to hamper their success.
________________________ _
From BB.com's rules...

2) There is no advertising allowed on the forum, and posting links to outside vendors is not allowed. This board is run and sponsored by Bodybuilding.com, but we want the truth about the products, good or bad, to be posted here so you can make a smart decision.

You are welcome to post links to the cyberstore within the site, but we do not allow discussion of other supplement store sites for obvious reasons. If you attempt to post about other stores, you may notice they are blocked out with asterisks (***). Although you are welcome to discuss any manufacturer?s products, you may not publicly display other places to purchase these products.
________________________ __

Now that we have a supplement store of our own, we are in the same position as they are with our forums.  This was not a deliberate act of aggression against BB.com. 

Adam

Good or bad review right? Except Gaspari nutrition. What a crock of shit.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 10:13:26 PM »
So the question is when is BB.com going to come out with their own magizine...

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »
So the question is when is BB.com going to come out with their own magizine...
may as well and just sink md everyone wins

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 11:43:39 PM »
Filtering bodybuilding.com' is just plain wrong. Against what we all talked about free speech. I understand not having links to each other's cyberstore, aka advertising, but just filtering a url is not cool. And yes, I spoke to Steve Blechman to rectify this problem.

As I remember, the getbig users sure in the heck didn't take well to his message board rants when he did them.  Now all of a sudden he's all about no bull on the boards... I call BS... Getbig inveted no bull and he bitched about it.  themz the facts about Ramano ;D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 11:45:42 PM »
As I remember, the getbig users sure in the heck didn't take well to his message board rants when he did them.  Now all of a sudden he's all about no bull on the boards... I call BS... Getbig inveted no bull and he bitched about it.  themz the facts about Ramano ;D

A-fucking-men.
HAHA, RON.....

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 12:01:10 AM »
getbigs runnen this shit  >:(

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 12:08:01 AM »

Bleckman is too busy