Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh - racist?  (Read 8083 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Rush Limbaugh - racist?
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 10:19:55 AM »
Here Intensone.... It's real You can listen to an audioclip here:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200701240010

LIMBAUGH: Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. "As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans," Obama said.

Limbaugh is a fucking Nazi....

End of Story... You listen to a complete POS....

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 10:27:27 AM »
They are half black, what's the big deal?
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 10:34:23 AM »
Woods once told Oprah Winfrey that as a child he had decided he was "Cablinasian" -- a mixture of Caucasian, black, American Indian and Asian. His mother Kutilda is from Thailand, his father is an American of multiple ethnic backgrounds.
http://www.answers.com/topic/tiger-woods

"Cablinasian," "Halfrican" whatever.  They're not racist terms, they're attempts to modify the language to indicate the complexity and absurdity of many racial classifications. I'm sure if Rush called Tiger a "Cablinasian" people would go apoplectic.

True.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 10:36:55 AM »

It's not a big deal IMO, but we're talking about how society labels people. 

We have an interesting mix in Hawaii.  There are a plethora of mixed race people.  One group is referred to by many as "hapa" (Hawaiian for "half").  That group of people is limited to part Hawaiian, part white or part Asian, part white people. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 10:40:49 AM »
Here Intensone.... It's real You can listen to an audioclip here:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200701240010

LIMBAUGH: Hey, Barack Obama has picked up another endorsement: Halfrican American actress Halle Berry. "As a Halfrican American, I am honored to have Ms. Berry's support, as well as the support of other Halfrican Americans," Obama said.

End of Story... You listen to a complete POS....

I went to his site and listened to his intro...............big deal....That loser Olberman is the only one trying to make a issue out of nothing. Why don't you blast the real racists like Faraakan, Sharpton, Jackson and anyone like them....you don't see the media going after them, stop trying to start shit where there is nothing to start!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 10:41:23 AM »
We have an interesting mix in Hawaii.  There are a plethora of mixed race people.  One group is referred to by many as "hapa" (Hawaiian for "half"). 

Careful- you don't want to be labeled as a "racist" by the Racial McCarthyites on the board.  LOL.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 10:45:58 AM »
I'm starting to like Rush after this, after the McNabb comment and others. Funny shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »
Careful- you don't want to be labeled as a "racist" by the Racial McCarthyites on the board.  LOL.

;D  So I'm searching the news sites for the uproar over this Halfrican American "slur," and there appears to be total silence.  Even CNN didn't touch it.  But I did find this:

http://www.cafepress.com/saddogshirts/1611499

Looks like people have made Halfrican American t-shirts.  

Then there is this:

"1. Halfrican American  8 thumbs up 

An American who is of half African descent. ie. if your mother is black and your father is Japanese and you’re from Wyoming you would be Halfrican American."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Halfrican+American

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 10:48:59 AM »
I went to his site and listened to his intro...............big deal....That loser Olberman is the only one trying to make a issue out of nothing. Why don't you blast the real racists like Faraakan, Sharpton, Jackson and anyone like them....you don't see the media going after them, stop trying to start shit where there is nothing to start!

Nothing?  He likely insulted a section of our population.  Not very classy and not kosher.  He should apologize and explain himself.

Now that we are deflecting (something you do well), faraakan sharpton etc...  tehy all should do the same.  They are all blow hards along with rush.

This has ZERO to do with Olberman.  100% to do with the cotton head RUsh.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »
People who like and/or listen to Rush will get the humor and not find it insulting.  People who already hate Rush will use it as ammunition.  Similar to how the Dems let Jesse Jackson speak at their convention after the famous "HymieTown" remark.

No doubt.  And you and I can see it as funny or what ever.  It doesn;t bother me what he said.

However, we live in a "politically correct "   world and it shows a real lack of class for him to say that and it is simething that could piss people off.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 10:57:13 AM »
Well isn't it bad enough that Rush totally made up and lied about Obama saying it?  Next it's using race against him... The old not black enough, not white enough... of course that's despicable, let the man stand on who he is as a person an what his ideas are... That Rush and other have to play with his name and his race to drag the guy down is absolutely disgusting.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 10:59:56 AM »
Well isn't it bad enough that Rush totally made up and lied about Obama saying it? 

I think it would be obvious to anyone that Rush was being tongue-in-cheek as opposed to creating a "false report."

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »
Nothing?  He likely insulted a section of our population.  Not very classy and not kosher. 

It's not that simple. I wouldn't feel insulted if he'd called someone white trash. And maybe it was tonque in cheek-the political correctness already mentioned gets in the way sometimes now.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »
I think it would be obvious to anyone that Rush was being tongue-in-cheek as opposed to creating a "false report."
ah... no... Rush doesn't do tongue and cheek...  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007, 11:50:29 AM »
He's done this before with McNabb and now Obama.. The guy fucking sucks plain and simple and will argue for anything that's supposed to be on rights' agenda.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2007, 12:02:44 PM »
McNabb is overrated.  If he weren't he would have a ring by now with all the hype that surrounded him.  Now he's pissed Garcia, a white guy, is getting all his press.
Squishy face retard

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »
He's done this before with McNabb and now Obama.. The guy fucking sucks plain and simple and will argue for anything that's supposed to be on rights' agenda.

Funny, I didn't think McNabb was on the GOP's agenda.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 01:20:27 PM »
Seriously, get the fuck over it.  He called him half black, who the hell cares?  Seriously, I really think that the black community is not gonna be happy unless Plessy versus Ferguson comes back and the whites get the short end of the stick.  I really wish people would get over all this racial crap because it does nobody go.  All it does is piss everyone off and make people hate blacks, the major racial instigators, even more.  It is in everybody's best interest to stop bring up people's races in elections, biographies and even Super Bowls.
Squishy face retard

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 01:27:31 PM »
Seriously, get the f**k over it.  He called him half black, who the hell cares?  Seriously, I really think that the black community is not gonna be happy unless Plessy versus Ferguson comes back and the whites get the short end of the stick.  I really wish people would get over all this racial crap because it does nobody go.  All it does is piss everyone off and make people hate blacks, the major racial instigators, even more.  It is in everybody's best interest to stop bring up people's races in elections, biographies and even Super Bowls.

Amen.  You want to live among us, then live among us .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 01:43:27 PM »

This statement is not defensible.  Would anyone here risk their own reputation by standing on a mic and telling the world Rush was right to use that term?

I seriously am beginning to think Rush is battling some internal demons lately.  Coming clean about "carrying the water", using this slur (which many construe as racist) repeatedly for only his own amusement. 

To defend him by saying "others are worse" is weak.  Would you say Hitler "wasn't that bad" because he killed 6 million while Stalin killed 26 million?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 01:47:58 PM »
I would and it ain't racist because there is not hatred behind the statement.  Nig ger is a racist term because of its derogatory meaning.
Squishy face retard

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 02:28:28 PM »
This statement is not defensible. 

I disagree.  It's satirical, it has a point and that fact that you don't get it doesn't make Rush, or anyone else, "Hitler." 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 02:58:15 PM »
I don't think it would be a big deal at all if Limbaugh would, from time to time, show a sense of self-irony and portion of humor.

Right now, Limbaugh is known for bashing everyone left and right, drug addicts have been a fave target of his in the past.

Then we find out he's an addict himself.

He repeatedly takes shots at Democrats and also wrongly labels them as "Libs", BTW.

It's like no matter what a Democrat says, Limbaugh will blast it.

Someone who doesn't listen and just plays a pre-rehearsed message, the way Limbaugh does, isn't interesting.

There are tons of Republicans, and Democrats, that don't just put on the auto-pilot message the way Limbaugh does.

Limbaugh loses credibility, even among Republicans (I doubt that he's lately been able to swing any voters TO the Republicans, rather AGAINST) and only the truest worshippers are soon going to tune in when he speaks.

The comment isn't that big deal in itself.

What matters is that it comes from Limbaugh. A man who never makes fun of himself, or ridicules right-wingers.

Had Limbaugh frequently made jokes about his fatness, or about his drug addiction, or similar stuff, then my guess is that he would've got away with it.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »
The comment isn't that big deal in itself. What matters is that it comes from Limbaugh.

Got it.  "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."  How very Orwellian of you. So who should be allowed a blank check for free speech?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »
Got it.  "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."  How very Orwellian of you. So who should be allowed a blank check for free speech?

I think Limbaugh would have little problem with the remark, if not for his history of constantly attacking everyone, never ironizing of his own shortcomings, always being judgemental.

I think it's too bad really, because we need guys like Limbaugh, guys with different opinions. But they need to play it fair, otherwise nobody's gonna take them serious.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise