Author Topic: * IN THE NEWS *  (Read 250097 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: ***** IN THE NEWS *****
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2008, 01:50:06 PM »
I don't know/think he's on get big but I believe the lab was GLP.

Never heard of it.

How many of these small UG's are there?

They seem regional.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2008, 01:52:08 PM »
Never heard of it.

How many of these small UG's are there?

They seem regional.

DIV

I think they were.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
I think they were.

People come on here with all these UG labs that I've never even heard of.

I realize I'm out in Phoenix so I won't get the same exposure that someone in the East or South might, but some of these UG's are really out of left-field. 

Then they get popped and are shutdown before I find out who they are.   ???

DIV

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2008, 03:06:11 PM »
Wasn't exactly small, but not one of the bigger guys around...

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2008, 12:43:50 AM »
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said Friday the 21-year-old sprinter had withdrawn from the team nearly a month after she tested positive for a low level of clenbuterol, a prohibited anabolic agent, at the Olympic trials.

"She accepts the fact that the testing was properly done and the results properly reported," her lawyer, Howard Jacobs, said in a statement released late Friday night.

He said investigations were trying to determine the source of the clenbuterol. Once those are completed, Jacobs said, Hardy "will seek to have her period of suspension reduced substantially" by presenting evidence to an arbitration panel. Jacobs expects a hearing on the issue within several months.

It's obvious to me that she took clenbuterol unless someone laced her food with it.

There is no supplement that contains Clen.

She's not going to get out of this.

DIV

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
Drug Tainted Food Is A Concern For Olympic Athletes
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2008, 09:00:15 PM »
Saw a link to this article from Bill Llewellyn's www.BodyofScience.com

Many athletes preparing for the Olympic Games considered more than their physical training; they also planned what food to bring to China. Antibiotics, growth stimulants, and steroids are often used by Chinese breeders to boost meat production. Some athletes fear those banned substances could show up in the local food they eat and then in their drug tests, disqualifying them from the Olympic competition.

Athletes' concerns are justified, notes Caroline K. Hatton, former associate director of the Olympic Analytical Laboratory at the University of California, Los Angeles, which tests athletes for banned drugs. A number of published studies have shown that consumers who took blood tests soon after eating meat containing anabolic steroids tested positive for the hormones, says Hatton, who is now a consultant to antidoping organizations.

Chinese officials insist that the local food supply is drug-free, but at least one Chinese athlete's experience suggests otherwise. In late June, China banned top swimmer Ouyang Kunpeng for life after testing positive for steroids. The star backstroker said that while on vacation he may have eaten meat injected with clenbuterol, a banned body-building drug. Although the steroid is barred for use by Chinese farmers, more than 300 people became ill in 2006 after eating clenbuterol-tainted pork in Shanghai.

To avoid a repetition of Ouyang's experience, the U.S. Olympic Committee has made arrangements to feed athletes at its training center at Beijing Normal University, about 20 minutes outside the Olympic Village. The athletes will be eating beef, chicken, and pork shipped from U.S. suppliers. Others have made their own special food arrangements, too, such as the Canadian, British, and Australian teams. Leading up to the Olympics, Chinese officials said they had set up extensive farm-to-table monitoring systems for food intended for Olympic athletes.

In addition, Wu Zhen, vice commissioner of the State Food & Drug Administration, says his agency has cracked down on illegal production and distribution of anabolic agents. And during the past year, he says, the agency has also penalized 321 websites that illegally offered anabolic steroids for sale.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »
Clenbuterol is banned in food animal use in the US--this includes Horses destined for food.  It isn't in other countries.  Trace amounts in contaminated meat will show up in humans eating the food.  its a stretch, but its not impossible.

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2008, 05:45:54 PM »
Not necessarily news, but anyone catch the new series on SPIKE called Real Vice Cops Uncut??  Caught an epsisode the other day where they busted a guy selling Winstrol, and had a little mini lab in his house.  Found a bunch of caps, vials, and raw powders. Believe it was in memphis.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2008, 06:01:32 PM »
Not necessarily news, but anyone catch the new series on SPIKE called Real Vice Cops Uncut??  Caught an epsisode the other day where they busted a guy selling Winstrol, and had a little mini lab in his house.  Found a bunch of caps, vials, and raw powders. Believe it was in memphis.

Nope its a bad idea to try that stuff though at home
TEAM Nasser

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2008, 06:05:31 PM »
Agreed, especially when his g/f and baby were also living there.  The g/f even admitted that she knew that it was going on, which they decided to let her be rather than throwing some accomplice charges or whatever at her.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2008, 05:40:56 PM »
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/palm/sfl-0912-steriods,0,5119109.story

OH THE HUMANITY!

1 positive test out of 600 Florida high school athletes.  What a fucking epidemic!!!!

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2008, 12:52:19 PM »
Agreed, especially when his g/f and baby were also living there.  The g/f even admitted that she knew that it was going on, which they decided to let her be rather than throwing some accomplice charges or whatever at her.
when i saw that a couple of weeks ago it really made me think... ???

Emmortal

• Getbig V

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »
http://www.culturekiosque.com/nouveau/sport/steroids_olympics220.html
CK: Having defined anabolic steroids and assuming that most people are only interested in teenage abuse or their impact on the performance of elite athletes during the Olympic Games, Tour de France and professional sports such as American football and baseball, why are steroids so powerful?

JT: It is very complex and it is still a bit of a mystery. But why they work so well is because of evolution. Humans and all other mammals have had a need to have hormones, to have steroids: for males and females to develop at puberty, to grow muscles in order to stand up straight, etc. Over a long evolutionary process the body has had time to make more efficient and more effective hormones to achieve these ends. The final product over time is testosterone. There isn't an anabolic steroid out there that is better than testosterone. The body has had all this time to make this "perfect" anabolic agent, this "perfect" muscle builder. Right now, no scientist has made anything stronger.  Scientists are trying to take testosterone and make something better. That's what designer steroids are about — the second coming of evolution. 

CK: Is that why bodybuilders and other elite athletes refer to testosterone as the "king of steroids?"

JT: Yes, it is the king and the strongest. If evolution is true, the body has made innumerable genetic changes over time to produce the perfect anabolic agent. Unfortunately, for scientists, testosterone has side effects that we don't want such as male-pattern baldness, acne, potential prostate cancer. Still, the human body is amazing and after millions of years, testosterone is what it has come up with.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
"Gavin Kane" update:

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/sep/14/camarillo-man-sentenced-in-drug-trafficking-case/

A federal judge sentenced a Camarillo man to nine months in community confinement and six months in home confinement on Friday after he pleaded guilty in May to trafficking human growth hormone obtained from Australia and China, according to federal prosecutors.

Jeffrey Rock also forfeited $125,000, the profit from the sale of the drug.

Rock was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Mary Lisi in Providence, R.I.

Thomas Connell, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Rhode Island, couldn't be reached for comment Friday afternoon.

Rock, 35, sold the growth hormone through the use of Web sites and encrypted e-mail. He promoted the hormone as a way to achieve muscle growth and fat loss.

It is unlawful to distribute human growth hormone without a valid prescription, and federal law restricts its use to a few specified diseases, according to prosecutors.

Rock pleaded guilty to smuggling goods into the U.S., two counts of distributing human growth hormone and three counts of money laundering. Rock operated his business under names such as Gavin Kane Enterprises and RockHard Physique.

The China-based supplier, GeneScience Pharmaceutical Co., and CEO Lei Jin are charged in a federal indictment in Rhode Island with operating an international human growth hormone smuggling operation. A warrant is outstanding for Jin's arrest.

Prosecutors said GeneScience has forfeited to the federal government about $2.7 million that federal agents seized from banks in New York.

In a recent report, experts say that athletes may not be getting the boost they expected from human growth hormone, according to The Associated Press.

While growth hormone adds some muscle, it doesn't appear to improve strength or exercise capacity, according to a review of studies that tested the hormone in mostly athletic young men, according to Dr. Hau Liu of Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose, who was lead author of the review.

Human growth hormone is made by the pituitary gland and promotes growth. A synthetic version has been available since the 1980s, and its use is restricted for certain conditions in children and adults, including short stature, growth hormone deficiency and AIDS.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Sustained release GH
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/critical-pharmaceuticals-enter-sustained-release-hgh-arena,561758.shtml

NOTTINGHAM, England, October 1 /PRNewswire/--

Critical Pharmaceuticals, the Nottingham, UK-based speciality pharmaceuticals company,
today announced that the successful completion of preclinical trials of a sustained release
formulation of the synthetic human growth hormone (hGH) somatropin. Trials
demonstrated therapeutic plasma concentrations were achieved over an extended
period of time supporting the development of the product as a once every two
weekly injection. In addition, the efficacy profile using biomarkers was
comparable to current daily formulations.

The new formulation was produced using Critical's patented CriticalMix
delivery technology, which is based on world leading supercritical fluid
expertise. This enables the optimal encapsulation of drugs into injectable
microparticles with superior drug release properties. hGH delivery is a
natural application for this technology, and the company now intends to take
this product forward into Phase 1 clinical trials. This decision coincides
with a recent report by Frost & Sullivan valuing the European market at
$846.4m in 2007, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4 per cent
from 2007 to 2014. The report also highlighted new delivery methods together
with approval for new indications as keys to success.

According to Chief Business Officer Gareth King, these preclinical
results mark an important milestone for the company: "Over the past few
years, we have concentrated on optimizing our delivery technologies and
ensuring they are transferable from the lab into an industrial setting.
Sustained release hGH is one of three projects we are now developing in areas
of unmet need. There is no doubt that a sustained release version of hGH
would be preferred by patients, particularly paediatric, but there are
naturally concerns over safety and efficacy. We are confident the highly
controlled release rates achieved with our technology will overcome these
concerns. The plan is now to take this product into clinic either by
ourselves or in partnership. We are also in preclinical development with
sustained release Risperidone and, demonstrating the versatility of our
technology platform, a once-daily nasal formulation of hGH."

About Critical Pharmaceuticals

Critical Pharmaceuticals is a Nottingham UK-based biotechnology company
with proprietary drug delivery technologies for the sustained release and
nasal delivery of proteins and peptides and labile or insoluble small
molecules. Critical Pharmaceuticals was founded by Professor Steve Howdle in
2002 based on his world leading research into supercritical fluids. Professor
Howdle noticed that supercritical carbon dioxide was able to liquify certain
polymers, and in a moment of inspiration realised that this could be used to
encapsulate thermally labile or solvent sensitive drugs to create injectable
sustained release products. As well as working in partnership with other
pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, the company is now developing a
pipeline of reformulated drug candidates for areas of unmet needs including
human growth hormone. For more information visit
http://www.criticalpharmaceuticals.com

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2008, 11:14:36 AM »
Damn.

Arrested for HCG.

Unreal.

8)

Well, he did go around bragging in print about all the steroids he takes/took. Can't be too surprized they search his car.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2008, 11:24:07 AM »
Well, he did go around bragging in print about all the steroids he takes/took. Can't be too surprized they search his car.

I'm not surprised they targeted him, but HCG is nothing to arrest a man for IMO. A simple ticket and confiscation would have been fine.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2008, 11:25:02 AM »
I'm not surprised they targeted him, but HCG is nothing to arrest a man for IMO. A simple ticket and confiscation would have been fine.

8)

True. But they could throw lots of shit at him because it's Jose.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
True. But they could throw lots of shit at him because it's Jose.

Agree.

He asked for it.

8)

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »
not computer savvy enough to post a link but as a big saints fan down here in the New Orleans area it was just reported that deuce, will smith, charles grant and several other players tested positive for bumetanide, a diuretic..  they say it can  be cocktailed with other compounds as a masking agent (which is what i believe they were trying to accomplish now)... why would a rb or de try to be losing weight via diuretics in the middle of the season? i've had friends take clen, and have heard some of the adverse sides of diuretic use, none of which any kind of football player would want to experience during the course of a season..never heard of bumetanide before... only conclusiion i can come to is that they were taking moderate dosages to mask other performance enhancing substances...thoughts?