Author Topic: Global Warming Preaching - What Are You Doing?  (Read 5918 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Global Warming Preaching - What Are You Doing?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »
Really?  I always thought this was an even funnier punchline:

i'm pretty hot aint i?

lol..see its a punch line ONLy if you post your pic next to mine and pwn me!  :-\

lol which ..lemme take a wild guess here (in your vernacular)..AINT< ;)> GONNA HAPPEN  ;D

you got nuttin..."my nugga"  ::)  LMAO.. ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 07:35:45 PM »
dood..global warming aint "taking a political side issue"

it effects us all....

wouldn't the dems have signed the kyoto treaty,,who knows..

BUT..its  OUR PROBLEM.....

not ..their..or his..problem..

we need to unite on this...

seriously man..

Hey, don't tell me, they're the one's preaching about it...............right after they get off of their jet!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 07:39:42 PM »
dood..global warming aint "taking a political side issue"

it effects us all....

wouldn't the dems have signed the kyoto treaty,,who knows..

BUT..its  OUR PROBLEM.....

not ..their..or his..problem..

we need to unite on this...

seriously man..

Forget these crimes against nature - that shirt of yours is a crime against fashion.  I hope for your sake it's a 20 year old picture.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »
i'm pretty hot aint i?

lol..see its a punch line ONLy if you post your pic next to mine and pwn me!  :-\

lol which ..lemme take a wild guess here (in your vernacular)..AINT< ;)> GONNA HAPPEN  ;D

you got nuttin..."my nugga"  ::)  LMAO.. ;D

Haha, this is a Sarcasm-esque moment for me - I hope you realise meltdowns aren't carbon neutral  ;D
Thread Killer

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 02:13:31 AM »
A few things:

I go by train instead of airplane or car when possible.

I sort my garbage.

I use low-energy lamps.

Well, I think that's about it. :-[

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 04:20:17 AM »
Now that we have established Global Warming is the most widely popular new-religion of the 21st century, I have a question for those converts to the Altar of Carbon on this very website:

- What are you doing to reduce your carbon emissions?

Here we shall establish who has moral grounds to appeal to others to do something about Global Warming.  I read an interesting quote this morning by an Australian journalist:

'You can't be a good priest if you lie with prostitutes, and you can't be a good Marxist if you exploit workers. And you shouldn't be taken seriously as a global warming prophet unless your actions reflect your words.'

Sound reasoning – let's have no more pontificating on this matter from people that don't have enough righteousness in them to cut down their own gas-emitting ways.  Amen, my friends.

1). I use MPG-CAPs  <--click me and encourage everyone I know to use them as well.

They reduce emissions by 70%+, contributing to a much more efficient burning of fuel.

Not only do you travel further on the same tank of fuel, you spend less money on fuel, consume less fuel, and reduce emissions into the atmosphere. It saves money, and saves the planet as well. The company makes these caplets in sizes suitable for use in regular passenger vehicles, as well as for larger fuel capacity vehicles like boats, trucks, etc., works in gasoline, diesel, bio-diesel, and gasoline/ethanol powered engines. One Ontario Company even saves $16,800.oo per month in fuel costs.

A trucking company in Ontario with 22 rigs, and a fuel bill of $120,000 per month, tested 5 trucks on a run between Toronto and Montreal that he has been doing for years. He always saw his Mac Trucks, which are able to print computer readouts, burn between 480-500 litres of fuel. After using the Product, he saw his fuel consumption drop by 70 litres to 410-430 litres of fuel. His 14% savings equals $16,800 per month slashed from his operating budget, simply by using the MPG-MEGA-CAPs (the caplet for larger fuel capacity vehicles).

Have a listen to what users are saying <--click me  about the results they're getting with MPG-Caps. 

2) I also preserve water at every opportunity as well.
In addition to using low-flow shower heads, I wash my car without using water.
Everytime we wash our cars we normally put approx. 195 gallons of water down the drain. What a waste!

The amount of fresh water available for human use is less than 0.08% of all the water on the planet. About 70% of the fresh water is already used for agriculture, and the reports say that the demands of industry and energy will grow rapidly. The World Water Council report estimates that in the next two decades the use of water by humans will increase by about 40%, and that 17% more water than is available, will be needed to grow the world's food supply. The commission concludes "only rapid and imaginative institutional and technological innovation can avoid the crisis".
                                                                                        -- Excerpted from the BBC News-March, 2000.

Now, in an effort to preserve water, the earth's most precious resource, FFi has just released the incredible, environmentally friendly ECO-SHEENTM, a cutting edge product that enables a complete and beautiful, waterless car wash with 3 simple, easy, quick and convenient steps... just Spray, Rub, and Buff!

As a result, I also use ECO-SHEENTM,  and encourage everyone who can get it to do so as well.
(Currently it's only widely available to those in the US, but soon it will be available worldwide.)

ECO-SHEENTM cleans more than just your car though. This is a product that will clean your mirrors, jewelry, counters, stoves, microwaves, appliances, etc., etc., (virtually any hard polished surface). It will clean, seal, polish and protect, ...all without the use of water, and can contribute to a significant reduction in water consumption, ...as well as your own water bills. It can be demonstrated in only 20 seconds, and is a perfect compliment to the dynamic line-up of FFi products which includes the anchor powerhouse, MPG-CAPs  <--click me

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 04:45:46 AM »
3) I also use my own re-usable shopping bags made from environmentally friendly recycled material when I do my grocery or other shopping... instead of plastic.

4) I also follow all the advice I gave in this thread:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=116625.msg1692020#msg1692020
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 05:26:36 AM »
I'll let u all do ur part. I'm an animal lover..almost PETA like but not that far..yet. I eat meat and always will..vegans are idiots but beyond that..I recycle.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 05:39:17 AM »
I'll let u all do ur part. I'm an animal lover..almost PETA like but not that far..yet. I eat meat and always will..vegans are idiots but beyond that..I recycle.

Vegans aren't idiots. You should do a blood analysis to see the difference in your chemistry after eating meat vs. eating plant based food sources. I went vegetarian for 21 days. I followed a strict diet from a herbalist who stated I couldn't eat this/ that/ and just about everything I enjoyed eating. I was not to consume my regular commercial breakfast cereal, but a different bland organic type, ...and I couldn't put milk in my cereal... only water. it was the worst, most blandest tasting diet I had ever eaten in my life.

My body on the other hand felt so fabulous I couldn't believe it. Even after he gave me permission to eat what I wanted, I tried to maintain as best I could the bland diet he had prescribed because it was like night & day. I didn't know a body could feel so good and work so well. I felt like what a car must feel like after an oil change, filter change, tune up and a detail job. Absolutely incredible!

ps - only a few more weeks to go  :D
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007, 05:44:44 AM »
No because Vagan's just don't eat weird..they tell everybody they eat weird and they accuse the rest of us BIG JUICY STEAK eating MOFO's  that we're bad. Look I love animals but its hard to cuddle with a cow. U could cuddle with a lion if he didn't want to eat u..same with a polar bear..dolphins are probably smarter the us..but cows and chickens.....they just taste to good. 12 days don't make it worse then it is. I've been in more TICs in the last 2 months then the entire time over here. So much for the damm Taliban hibernating.
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 01:01:25 PM »
Vegans aren't idiots. You should do a blood analysis to see the difference in your chemistry after eating meat vs. eating plant based food sources. I went vegetarian for 21 days. I followed a strict diet from a herbalist who stated I couldn't eat this/ that/ and just about everything I enjoyed eating. I was not to consume my regular commercial breakfast cereal, but a different bland organic type, ...and I couldn't put milk in my cereal... only water. it was the worst, most blandest tasting diet I had ever eaten in my life.

Eating meat allowed us to evolve into what we are. It's a part of our history. How can certain people just throw it out of their lives? Plus I believe you can still be very healthy and eat stuff like red meat, most vegans on the other hand will tell you that it's poison and you need to be eating tofu all day.  ::)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »
Haha, this is a Sarcasm-esque moment for me - I hope you realise meltdowns aren't carbon neutral  ;D

no pic..no cheddah!  ;)
carpe` vaginum!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 02:07:29 PM »
no pic..no cheddah!  ;)

That's okay, I'll settle for the rest of this website (me included) chuckling at your 'impressive' photo  ;D
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 11:14:04 PM »
Eating meat allowed us to evolve into what we are. It's a part of our history. How can certain people just throw it out of their lives?

The EXACT same arguments were put forth on slavery.

Plus I believe you can still be very healthy and eat stuff like red meat, most vegans on the other hand will tell you that it's poison and you need to be eating tofu all day.  ::)

There are degrees of health. Getting by is not dynamic health, ...and the facts are vegetarians live an average of 11 yrs longer than meat eaters. You don't need to be eating tofu all day, ...but it certainly is a very versatile food.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2007, 11:19:48 PM »
Look I love animals but its hard to cuddle with a cow.

I'd watch out for the horses too. I hear that was how Catherine The Great bought it.  :-X

U could cuddle with a lion if he didn't want to eat u..same with a polar bear..dolphins are probably smarter the us..but cows and chickens.....they just taste to good.

that's where the TOFU comes in. It tastes just like chicken.  :D

12 days don't make it worse then it is. I've been in more TICs in the last 2 months then the entire time over here. So much for the damm Taliban hibernating.

...only 11 now.  :-*
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2007, 11:25:22 AM »
I fertilized my neighbor's rose garden last spring with some urine. More lush flowers = more photosynthesis!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 12:32:01 AM »
I fertilized my neighbor's rose garden last spring with some urine. More lush flowers = more photosynthesis!

Good thing it was #1, and not #2. She might have ended up with cannabis growing among the azaleas.  ;D
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 07:06:52 AM »
Now that we have established Global Warming is the most widely popular new-religion of the 21st century, I have a question for those converts to the Altar of Carbon on this very website:

- What are you doing to reduce your carbon emissions?

Here we shall establish who has moral grounds to appeal to others to do something about Global Warming.  I read an interesting quote this morning by an Australian journalist:

'You can't be a good priest if you lie with prostitutes, and you can't be a good Marxist if you exploit workers. And you shouldn't be taken seriously as a global warming prophet unless your actions reflect your words.'

Sound reasoning – let's have no more pontificating on this matter from people that don't have enough righteousness in them to cut down their own gas-emitting ways.  Amen, my friends.

What a line of crap.... This thinking mainly tells people not to give a shit if they can't commit 100% to curbing their carbon emissions.  Garbage, they're voters right?  When ballot measures such as one that came up in Colorado come up that require the energy companies selling in the state to have a percentage of their power derived from alternative sources such as wind, the person who voted yes did something about it... that person's views that we needed to move in a cleaner direction in Colorado got that initiative passed.  It is not nullified because he drives a car ::) It's knowing and working toward change... The person can do this in many ways without completely dumping their life.  The type of vehicle they buy tells the car companies where they're most willing to put their money.  There are so many opportunities that arise like these where the people move us in a new direction by making choices.  Asking that someone drop their way of life completely to solve the problem or shut up is crazy!  We need to move in a new direction as soon as the population can do it.  I really doubt that there are people out there "pontificating on this matter"<==Oh Brother, he said pontificating ::) I really doubt that there are people talking shit on global warming who aren't willing to contribute with votes and by other means when the opportunities arise.  The new hybrid vehicles are popular despite not being affordable and ugly as fuck, explain that...

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2007, 08:30:29 AM »
What a line of crap.... This thinking mainly tells people not to give a shit if they can't commit 100% to curbing their carbon emissions.  Garbage, they're voters right?  When ballot measures such as one that came up in Colorado come up that require the energy companies selling in the state to have a percentage of their power derived from alternative sources such as wind, the person who voted yes did something about it... that person's views that we needed to move in a cleaner direction in Colorado got that initiative passed.  It is not nullified because he drives a car ::) It's knowing and working toward change... The person can do this in many ways without completely dumping their life.  The type of vehicle they buy tells the car companies where they're most willing to put their money.  There are so many opportunities that arise like these where the people move us in a new direction by making choices.  Asking that someone drop their way of life completely to solve the problem or shut up is crazy!  We need to move in a new direction as soon as the population can do it.  I really doubt that there are people out there "pontificating on this matter"<==Oh Brother, he said pontificating ::) I really doubt that there are people talking shit on global warming who aren't willing to contribute with votes and by other means when the opportunities arise.  The new hybrid vehicles are popular despite not being affordable and ugly as f**k, explain that...
Buying a crappy hybrid might make you feel good, but they are not carbon neutral and in fact can contribute to other problems from the manufacturing and disposing of massive lead batteries.. Change your life style. By a diesel car, walk more, use mass transit and use less electricity and put more insulation and better windows in your house.

The biggest polluters are coal fired power plants. These produce nearly half of all of the CO2 emissions in the World.  The steps required are to clean up the emissions of the existing power plants and invest in new technology to generate constant power. Geothermal power is probably my favorite one right now. Other forms of power generation like solar use more energy in production of the solar panels than it ever gives back.
The other thing is China is building a new Coal fired power plant ever 2 weeks. India is also building more coal fired plants. These are not clean burning and they are outside of Kyoto.
Kyoto is a joke and should never have been proposed.
Behavior change is what is required. Stop gaps won't work. Mass public transit is required. Also Cities should move from individual heating systems to district heating cooling and energy production.

But all of these scare tactics by the global warming believers is clouding the debate. See levels will not rise significantly for many reasons, including the damming of the rivers, human water usage, increased water vapor in the atmosphere. Science can't easily explain the fact that water levels are 20 feet lower than 100,000 years ago when the earth went through the same cycle even though there is twice the level of CO2.
Z

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2007, 08:41:15 AM »
Buying a crappy hybrid might make you feel good, but they are not carbon neutral and in fact can contribute to other problems from the manufacturing and disposing of massive lead batteries.. Change your life style. By a diesel car, walk more, use mass transit and use less electricity and put more insulation and better windows in your house.

The biggest polluters are coal fired power plants. These produce nearly half of all of the CO2 emissions in the World.  The steps required are to clean up the emissions of the existing power plants and invest in new technology to generate constant power. Geothermal power is probably my favorite one right now. Other forms of power generation like solar use more energy in production of the solar panels than it ever gives back.
The other thing is China is building a new Coal fired power plant ever 2 weeks. India is also building more coal fired plants. These are not clean burning and they are outside of Kyoto.
Kyoto is a joke and should never have been proposed.
Behavior change is what is required. Stop gaps won't work. Mass public transit is required. Also Cities should move from individual heating systems to district heating cooling and energy production.

But all of these scare tactics by the global warming believers is clouding the debate. See levels will not rise significantly for many reasons, including the damming of the rivers, human water usage, increased water vapor in the atmosphere. Science can't easily explain the fact that water levels are 20 feet lower than 100,000 years ago when the earth went through the same cycle even though there is twice the level of CO2.

You do realize that there is nothing in this post that refutes the purpose of my post?  What am I suppose to do here, engage in an argument that I didn't intend on debating with my post?  You're arguing the effectiveness which of course is up for debate and should be debated, I'm agruing that the intent of the indivudual concerned about bringing change isn't nullified because he or she gets in a gas burning automobile and drives work.  My post refutes the sence of Bruce's post, your post does not do the same of mine.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2007, 08:55:25 AM »
You do realize that there is nothing in this post that refutes the purpose of my post?  What am I suppose to do here, engage in an argument that I didn't intend on debating with my post?  You're arguing the effectiveness which of course is up for debate, I'm agruing that the intent of the indivudual concerned about bringing change isn't nullified because he or she gets in a gas burning automobile and drives work.  My post refutes the sence of Bruce's post, your post does not do the same of mine.

That is your opinion.
You are arguing that by voting for change, people are doing something about climate change. I am arguing that they are not, because they have been sold a bill of goods. They don't understand the impacts of certain technologies and they will be really upset when their power rates are double the national average like in Texas. Texas is about to build a new coal fired power plant so they can cut their power rates down. But at least people in Colorado can feel good for themselves.
Mot people like the idea of doing nice things for the environment. But actions speak louder than words and when polling is done most people buying hybrids are doing so because it is cheaper on gas not "friendlier" to the enviroment.http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070131.wauto31/BNStory/Business/home

The only way to change this perceived problem is a wholesale societal change, but that won't happen.
Z

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2007, 09:08:38 AM »
You are arguing that by voting for change, people are doing something about climate change.

No joker, I was not... I was arguing that their intent to do something about climate change is not nullified because they still contribute to the problem...   Of course the effectiveness of implemented strategies needs debated, absolutely is should othwise we risk heading in the wrong direction, but that was not the purpose my post to Bruce and that should be obvious.  Don't twist the point of my reply which was to only refute the assertion that the pontificator, if that's a word I don't know, needs to zip it unless he's fliped his life unsidedown over it.  It was to say I doubt the person who talks the talk is not willing to do what he can to walk the walk.  Okeeeeee ;D

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2007, 09:22:33 AM »
No joker, I was not... I was arguing that their intent to do something about climate change is not nullified because they still contribute to the problem...   Of course the effectiveness of implemented strategies needs debated, absolutely is should othwise we risk heading in the wrong direction, but that was not the purpose my post to Bruce and that should be obvious.  Don't twist the point of my reply which was to only refute the assertion that the pontificator, if that's a word I don't know, needs to zip it unless he's fliped his life unsidedown over it.  It was to say I doubt the person who talks the talk is not willing to do what he can to walk the walk.  Okeeeeee ;D
Ok,
I just got back from an ASHRAE convention where all we talked about was ventilation rates and climate change.
Yet a week before I was in Vegas and saw some of the crappiest insulation installations and the huge amount of energy waste.
For most emissions should only be fixed by someone else.
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/pontificate

1. To express opinions or judgments in a dogmatic way.

pon·tifi·cation (Noun), pon·tifi·cator (Noun)
Z

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2007, 09:43:06 AM »
Good thing it was #1, and not #2. She might have ended up with cannabis growing among the azaleas.  ;D

I actually have 100's of bagseeds that I've collected..  ;D When spring time rolls around I'm gonna go around germinating them on people's garden or lawns. hahaha  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2007, 09:50:46 AM »

pon·tifi·cation (Noun), pon·tifi·cator (Noun)

I was being sarcastic... as in who uses that word  :P  The last time I heard it used was in bible study.