Author Topic: Tommy Morrison making comeback??  (Read 4156 times)

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Re: Tommy Morrison making comeback??
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:06:27 AM »
very unlikely, you dont cure HIV. He will never get his licence back, IMO he shouldnt every get it to safeguard the other fighters. Plus who would fight him knowing the dangers? I sure wouldnt
Scouser on Tour

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:36:55 PM »
very unlikely, you dont cure HIV. He will never get his licence back, IMO he shouldnt every get it to safeguard the other fighters. Plus who would fight him knowing the dangers? I sure wouldnt

i think wot the article is saying is that he doesnt have hiv, he had hepititus at the time and must have been misdiagnosed as some of the same things show up on the 2 tests? Whether its true or not i dont know

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:25:55 PM »

thats crazy, he said he was only initially tested once for HIV by the Boxing Commission? but the other numerous tests he took independently shows no sign of the disease. if what he says is true i would file a lawsuite also.
  as for his chances int he heavyweight division, they are actually pretty good i think if you look at his compitition. although he was exposed by Lennox Lewis, but Lennoz was no pushover.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
  thats crazy, he said he was only initially tested once for HIV by the Boxing Commission? but the other numerous tests he took independently shows no sign of the disease. if what he says is true i would file a lawsuite also.
  as for his chances int he heavyweight division, they are actually pretty good i think if you look at his compitition. although he was exposed by Lennox Lewis, but Lennoz was no pushover.

that what i thought, if its true, he could sue for millions !!

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 02:31:13 AM »
He's full of shit. I remember reading an interview with him a few years back. In it he was describing that how when at his lowest point his T-cell count dropped to below 200. That sounded like an admission to having HIV to me.

But it does go to show how poor the heavyweight devision is if people with life-threatening illnesses fancy their chances.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 07:17:13 AM »
He's full of shit. I remember reading an interview with him a few years back. In it he was describing that how when at his lowest point his T-cell count dropped to below 200. That sounded like an admission to having HIV to me.

But it does go to show how poor the heavyweight devision is if people with life-threatening illnesses fancy their chances.

Tell me about it.  George Foreman could probably still compete in the heavyweight division.   :'(