Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Orlando Homeless Laws Stir Heated Debate

<< < (2/4) > >>

240 is Back:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on February 03, 2007, 11:30:48 AM ---He then told me he was hungry and asked if I could buy him some food.  I said "no."  He then stayed in line behind me and ordered food and paid for it!   >:(

--- End quote ---

what a punk.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on February 03, 2007, 11:35:20 AM ---what a punk.

--- End quote ---

No doubt.  One regular in town will ask people for money with a cigarette in hand. 

mightymouse72:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on February 03, 2007, 10:49:48 AM ---Tough issue.  My wife and I completely disagree on how to deal the homeless and beggars.  She will give them money and food.  Irritates the heck out of me.  Bleeding heart.  I absolutely refuse to give street beggars anything.  Most of the ones I see are professionals who have been doing it for years.  They wouldn't be on the same corners if they weren't making money IMO.

--- End quote ---

LOL.....i think your wife and mine must be related!!

although i love her kindness towards people, i have to keep her in check sometimes.

the one and only time i did give a bumb some money was when he approached me and said, sir, i'll be honest with you, i am drunk and i want to get more drunk and i would appreciate it if you would give me a dollar.  so i said thanks for your honesty and gave him a buck. 

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: mightymouse72 on February 03, 2007, 11:45:27 AM ---

although i love her kindness towards people, i have to keep her in check sometimes.

the one and only time i did give a bumb some money was when he approached me and said, sir, i'll be honest with you, i am drunk and i want to get more drunk and i would appreciate it if you would give me a dollar.  so i said thanks for your honesty and gave him a buck. 

--- End quote ---

LOL.  They just might be!   ;D  I like your story.   :D

How about this.  When my wife I were dating (think we were about 19) a "homeless" man approached us at the taco shop and asked her to buy him some food.  Not just food, but a "carne asada burrito" (steak).  I told her, in front of him, "don't do it."  The guy had a beer belly.  Obviously not missing too many meals.  She did it anyway.  When she handed him the food he didn't say thank you.  He complained that she didn't give him taco sauce too!  I was ready to punch the guy.  I will never let her forget it.   :) 

240 is Back:

--- Quote from: mightymouse72 on February 03, 2007, 11:45:27 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Women don't always have that same fight/flight/fuck/food response that men have.  Everything we look at, we mentally make a quick analysis of the situation and choose one of these options.

Women are more gullible, sadly.  Call it compassion, or call it ability to be infiltrated and put in a dangerous situation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version