Author Topic: Banned substances by the INBA  (Read 50169 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Banned substances by the INBA
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:56:35 AM »
Some of you are curious so I came across this list of banned substances by the International Natural Bodybuilding Association.

Official Banned Substances :

The following is a non-exhaustive list of banned and/or restricted substances. Please very with the appropriate IOC regulated body for a complete and up-to-date listing.

I. DOPING CLASSES

A. Stimulants

amiphenazole
amphetamines
amineptine
cocaine
ephedrine
fencamfamine
mesocarb
pentylentetrazol
pipradol
salbutamol & terbutaline (are permitted by inhaler only and must be declared to the relevant medical authority.)
NOTE: All imidazole preparations are acceptable for topical use, e.g. oxymetazoline. Vasoconstrictors (e.g. adrenaline) may be administered with local anesthetic agents. Topical preparations (e.g. nasal, ophthalmologic) of Phenylephrine are permitted.

B. Narcotic analgesics

dextromoramide
dextropropoxyphene
diamorphine
methadone
morphine
pentazocine
pethidine
.... and related substances

NOTE: Codeine, Dextromethorphan, Dihydrocodeine, Diphenoxylate and Pholcodine are permitted.

C. Anabolic agents

The Anabolic class includes anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) and Beta-2 Agonists.

1.Anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS)

The AAS class includes testosterone and substances that are related in structure and activity to it. They have been misused in sport to increase muscle strength bulk, and to promote aggressiveness.

Some examples of AAS are:

clostebol
fluoxymesterone
metandienone
metenolone
nandrolone
oxandrolone
stanozolol
testosterone *
... and related substances

Note: The administration of testosterone is banned. The presence of a testosterone (T) to epitestosterone (E) ratio greater than six (6) to one (1) in the urine of a competitor constitutes an offense unless there is evidence that this ratio is due to a physiological or pathological condition, e.g. low epitestosterone excretion, androgen production by tumor, enzyme deficiencies.

2.Beta-2 Agonists

Some examples of beta-2 Agonists are:

clenbuterol
salbutamol
terbutaline
saimeterol
fenoterol

D. Diuretics

Some examples of diuretics are:

acetazolamide
bumetanide
chlorthalidone
ethacrynic acid
furosemide
hydrochlorothiazide
mannitol
mersalyl
spironolactone
triamterene

E. Peptide and Glycoprotein hormones and analogues

1.Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG - human chorionic Gonadotrophin)

2.Corticotropin (ACTH)

3.Growth hormone (HGH, somatropin)

4.Erythrorpoietin (EPO)

… and related substances

II. METHODS

A. Blood doping

B. Pharmacological, chemical and physical manipulation

( The responsible authorities ban the use of substances and of methods that alter the integrity and validity of urine samples used in doping controls. Examples of banned methods are catheterization, urine substitution and/or tampering, inhibition of renal excretion. e.g. by probenecid and related compounds, and epitestosterone administration.)

III. CLASSES OF DRUGS SUBJECT TO CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS

C. Local anesthetics

Injectable local anesthetics are permitted under the following conditions:

(a) that bupivacaine, lidocaine, mepivacaine, procaine etc. are used but not cocaine.

Vasoconstrictor agents (e.g. adrenaline) may be used in conjunction with local aesthetics.

(b) only local or intra-articular injections may be administered;

(c) only when medically justified (i.e. the details including diagnosis, dose and route of

administration must be submitted immediately in writing to the relevant medical authority.

D. Corticosteroids

The use of Corticosteroids is banned except

(a) for topical use (aural, opthalmological and dermatogical) but not rectal;

(b) by inhalation;

(c) by intra-articular or local injection.

E. Beta-blockers

Some examples of beta-blockers are:

acebutalol
alprenolol
atenolof
labetalol
metoprolol
nadolol
oxprenolol
propranolol
sotalol

EXPANDED LIST OF EXAMPLES

Caution: This is not an exhaustive list of banned substances. It is provided only to give the reader a more comprehensive list of banned substances. Many substances that do not appear on this expanded list are considered banned under the term "and related substances".

A. Stimulants

amfepramone metamfetamine

amineptine methoxyphenamine

amfetamine methylendioxyamfetamine

cathine methylephedrine

cropropamide nikethamide

crotetamide norphenfluramine

etamivan parahydroxyamfetamine

etilamfetamine pemoline

etilefrine phendimetrazine

fencamfamin phentermine

fenetylline phenylpropanolamine

fenfluramine pholedrine

heptaminol prolintane

mefenorex propylhexedrine

mephentermine pseudoephedrine

mesocarb salbutamol

strychnine

B. Narcotics

dextropropoxyphene

ethylmorphine

hydrocodone

morphine

pentazocine

pethidine

propoxyphene

C. Anabolic Agents

(1)Anabolic steroids

(2)Beta2-agonists

boldenone metenolone

clenbuterol methandriol

clostebol methyltestosterone

danazol mibolerone

dehydrochlormethyltest nandrolone

dihydrotestosterone norethandrolone

drostanolone oxandrolone

fluoxymesterone oxymesterone

formebolone oxymetholone

Insulin stanozolol

metandienone testosterone

trenbolone

Winstrol

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Banned substances by the INBA
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:08:09 AM »
Here are the banned NGA substances

NGA BANNED SUBSTANCES
The National Gym Association, Inc. (NGA) bans the following substances and related compounds  and their use constitutes grounds for dismissal from NGA competitions and suspension from membership in the organization.

ANABOLIC STERIODS - Includes but not limited to bolasterone, boldenone, chloroxomesterone(dhydrochlormethyltestero ne), clostebol, fluoxymesterone, mesterolone, methandienone (methandrostenolone), methenolone, methyltestosterone, nandrolone, norethandrolone, oxymetholone, stanozolol, testerone and all other related compounds.

TESTOSTERONE. (injections, patches, gels).

GROWTH HORMONES. (Pharmaceutical hGH, HCG and other related compounds).

PRESCRIPTION DIURETICS. (Fen-Phen and any other prescription weight-loss substances used for bodybuilding purposes, even when physician-prescribed, are banned by the NGA)

PERSCRIPTION PSYCHOMOTOR STIMULANTS. (example: Amphetamines).

MUSCLE IMPLANTS OF ANY KIND.

CHECMICAL/DRUGS FOR THE PURPOSE OF DECEIVING OR  PASSING THE POLYGRAPH TEST.

CLENBUTEROL

ANY ILLEGAL OR ILLICIT BODYBUILDING DRUG OR  SUBSTANCE.

ANY FDA-BANNED SUBSTANCE EXCEPT IF OTHERWISE INDICATED.

ANY IOC-BANNED SUBSTANCE EXCEPT IF OTHERWISE INDICATED.

Note: DHEA, Androstenedione, Norandrostenedione, and all other  Hormone Precursors are not banned by the NGA. However these substances may cause an elevated T/E ratio in excess of the 6:1 limit or produce the presence  of nandrolone or any other banned substance  in the urine. If the promoter opts  to enforce a urine sample for testing, the athlete is responsible for any and all substances that may cause a positive in a urine test.
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »
Blah!Blah!Blah!Blah!Blah!
?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 11:25:46 AM »

;D

Good luck on your show BTW....

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 11:30:19 AM »

What are these lists of the s*** your already on or did they miss something? 
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 04:13:04 PM »

They missed PRIDE's whole supplement line...

Hahahaha...

Thanks brother...hows the weather in Omaha?
?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 02:29:16 AM »
Just to add:

In the amateur league of the IFBB internationally you are tested for all those substances, plus excessive caffeine. As in an over the counter fat burner could make you fail the test.

Also, no joke, avoid poppy seed muffins. They can cause a positive for opium. I know someone banned for "opium" now...poor sight just ate a muffin ??? ::)

Crazykid909

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 01:47:04 PM »
could the list of banned substances be any longer????

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 03:51:53 PM »
They gave me a book of banned substances.

And I am not kidding.

A book :o

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 06:27:23 AM »
How often do they disqualify people at the IFBB world championships? I'm sure a lot of the winners are slipping through the cracks.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 12:28:28 PM »
How often do they disqualify people at the IFBB world championships? I'm sure a lot of the winners are slipping through the cracks.

People get DQ all the time within the IFBB international circuit.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 02:31:07 PM »
This may be a really dumb question but who cares , is marijuanna a banned substance? like if thats detected in your system or even can be detected.....like anyone have an idea?

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 06:31:50 AM »
the INBA doesn't allow pro hormones or ephedra or anything like that....do you know how long you have to be clean from them.  They say they are a 5 yr drug free organization, but I don't think these things have been banned for 5 yrs.  Anyway, I'm only asking because I don't honestly know when the last time I took them was.  I'm pretty sure it was like 6 yrs ago, but I suppose it could have been 5.

Natty_by_Nature

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 09:06:09 AM »
the INBA doesn't allow pro hormones or ephedra or anything like that....do you know how long you have to be clean from them.  They say they are a 5 yr drug free organization, but I don't think these things have been banned for 5 yrs.  Anyway, I'm only asking because I don't honestly know when the last time I took them was.  I'm pretty sure it was like 6 yrs ago, but I suppose it could have been 5.

At my last show (2004 INBF Northeast America) I believe their urine testing was only good for 1 year back  :-[

That's another thing that discredits natural bodybuilding contests.  Guys stick needles in their asses for years, go off for a year and compete as a natty?  It's the way things are in our world I guess.  Our morals and values basically suck.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 03:03:27 PM »
first, the ratio of 6-1 is too high.  A normal male has 1-1 ratio, the olympics recognized this and changed to 4-1 as did the wwe and pro sports and athletic commisions.  You can use test suspension the day of test at 50 mgs and pass the test.  that and the fact that your not testing throughout the legnth of time needed to be natural and drugs metabolites can leave system in days.  No such thing as legit natural....always be speculation and rightfully so because you can not legit test some one....take a look at the olympic athletes and talk to some pro athletes that get tested and then tell me differently.  facts, which really suck but are a reality.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 04:15:27 PM »
At my last show (2004 INBF Northeast America) I believe their urine testing was only good for 1 year back  :-[

That's another thing that discredits natural bodybuilding contests.  Guys stick needles in their asses for years, go off for a year and compete as a natty?  It's the way things are in our world I guess.  Our morals and values basically suck.

Let me get this right, are you saying that you believe that the urine test you took could detect substances in your urine for up to a year?  If you do think so then I URGE you to learn just a little bit about bio chemesrty and these test...For your own good please don't repeat that again, unless you want to look ridiculous. 

Natty_by_Nature

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 10:57:37 AM »
Let me get this right, are you saying that you believe that the urine test you took could detect substances in your urine for up to a year?  If you do think so then I URGE you to learn just a little bit about bio chemesrty and these test...For your own good please don't repeat that again, unless you want to look ridiculous. 
I was never given a urine test.  Only the top finishers were required to urine test.  The INBF gives poly exams to all competitors (which is an even bigger joke).  The word I'd heard was unine testing can detect as far back as 12 months for steriods.  If this statement is ridiculous, lets hear YOUR bio lesson.

After seeing some of the guys backstage, I'd have to question the legitimacy of some of those dudes.  Like I said in my earlier post, guys take that stuff for years, go broke, have health problems and/or get married.  They finally come to their senses (or the wife finds out where all their money's going) and they stop using and compete as a natty?

In the perfect world, there'd be 3 bodybuilding stages.  Those that use, those that used to use and those that have never used.  Nuff said!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 08:57:13 PM »
Like I said in my earlier post, guys take that stuff for years, go broke, have health problems and/or get married.  They finally come to their senses (or the wife finds out where all their money's going) and they stop using and compete as a natty?

In the perfect world, there'd be 3 bodybuilding stages.  Those that use, those that used to use and those that have never used.  Nuff said!

Oh come on.....   the rallying cry of the naties on the 'roiders is "all drugs".  You guys say if you take away the 'roids, all the gains go away in a matter of months  (and a lot of recently retired pros tend to be examples of this).  If that's the case, why would you contend a guy that's been off 'roids for a whole year has an advantageover a lifetime natural?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 10:30:53 PM »
What about Gaspari Haoldrol, I just took some 5 min. ago.

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »

There is in theory in the UK.

The NPA (Natural Physique Association) is natural for life.

BNBF (British Natural Bodybuilding Federation) is, erm,  10 years clean I think.

Then you have 'those that use' (I don't think all use, and in particular there are a number of women that don't use), UKBFF (IFBB), WABBA, NABBA, NAC, EFB (WFB).

With regards to marajuana, it is banned by the IOC, however, a positive test may only give you a warning.

x
x
x

T

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 08:27:49 AM »
Some of you are curious so I came across this list of banned substances by the International Natural Bodybuilding Association.

Official Banned Substances :

The following is a non-exhaustive list of banned and/or restricted substances. Please very with the appropriate IOC regulated body for a complete and up-to-date listing.

I. DOPING CLASSES

A. Stimulants

amiphenazole
amphetamines
amineptine
cocaine
ephedrine
fencamfamine
mesocarb
pentylentetrazol
pipradol
salbutamol & terbutaline (are permitted by inhaler only and must be declared to the relevant medical authority.)
NOTE: All imidazole preparations are acceptable for topical use, e.g. oxymetazoline. Vasoconstrictors (e.g. adrenaline) may be administered with local anesthetic agents. Topical preparations (e.g. nasal, ophthalmologic) of Phenylephrine are permitted.

B. Narcotic analgesics

dextromoramide
dextropropoxyphene
diamorphine
methadone
morphine
pentazocine
pethidine

NOTE: Codeine, Dextromethorphan, Dihydrocodeine, Diphenoxylate and Pholcodine are permitted.

C. Anabolic agents

The Anabolic class includes anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) and Beta-2 Agonists.

1.Anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS)

The AAS class includes testosterone and substances that are related in structure and activity to it. They have been misused in sport to increase muscle strength bulk, and to promote aggressiveness.

Some examples of AAS are:

clostebol
fluoxymesterone
metandienone
metenolone
nandrolone
oxandrolone
stanozolol
testosterone *
... and related substances

Note: The administration of testosterone is banned. The presence of a testosterone (T) to epitestosterone (E) ratio greater than six (6) to one (1) in the urine of a competitor constitutes an offense unless there is evidence that this ratio is due to a physiological or pathological condition, e.g. low epitestosterone excretion, androgen production by tumor, enzyme deficiencies.

2.Beta-2 Agonists

Some examples of beta-2 Agonists are:

clenbuterol
salbutamol
terbutaline
saimeterol
fenoterol

D. Diuretics

Some examples of diuretics are:

acetazolamide
bumetanide
chlorthalidone
ethacrynic acid
furosemide
hydrochlorothiazide
mannitol
mersalyl
spironolactone
triamterene

E. Peptide and Glycoprotein hormones and analogues

1.Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG - human chorionic Gonadotrophin)

2.Corticotropin (ACTH)

3.Growth hormone (HGH, somatropin)

4.Erythrorpoietin (EPO)

… and related substances

II. METHODS

A. Blood doping

B. Pharmacological, chemical and physical manipulation

( The responsible authorities ban the use of substances and of methods that alter the integrity and validity of urine samples used in doping controls. Examples of banned methods are catheterization, urine substitution and/or tampering, inhibition of renal excretion. e.g. by probenecid and related compounds, and epitestosterone administration.)

III. CLASSES OF DRUGS SUBJECT TO CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS

C. Local anesthetics

Injectable local anesthetics are permitted under the following conditions:

(a) that bupivacaine, lidocaine, mepivacaine, procaine etc. are used but not cocaine.

Vasoconstrictor agents (e.g. adrenaline) may be used in conjunction with local aesthetics.

(b) only local or intra-articular injections may be administered;

(c) only when medically justified (i.e. the details including diagnosis, dose and route of

administration must be submitted immediately in writing to the relevant medical authority.

D. Corticosteroids

The use of Corticosteroids is banned except

(a) for topical use (aural, opthalmological and dermatogical) but not rectal;

(b) by inhalation;

(c) by intra-articular or local injection.

E. Beta-blockers

Some examples of beta-blockers are:

acebutalol
alprenolol
atenolof
labetalol
metoprolol
nadolol
oxprenolol
propranolol
sotalol

EXPANDED LIST OF EXAMPLES

Caution: This is not an exhaustive list of banned substances. It is provided only to give the reader a more comprehensive list of banned substances. Many substances that do not appear on this expanded list are considered banned under the term "and related substances".

A. Stimulants

amfepramone metamfetamine

amineptine methoxyphenamine

amfetamine methylendioxyamfetamine

cathine methylephedrine

cropropamide nikethamide

crotetamide norphenfluramine

etamivan parahydroxyamfetamine

etilamfetamine pemoline

etilefrine phendimetrazine

fencamfamin phentermine

fenetylline phenylpropanolamine

fenfluramine pholedrine

heptaminol prolintane

mefenorex propylhexedrine

mephentermine pseudoephedrine

mesocarb salbutamol

strychnine

B. Narcotics

dextropropoxyphene

ethylmorphine

hydrocodone

morphine

pentazocine

pethidine

propoxyphene

C. Anabolic Agents

(1)Anabolic steroids

(2)Beta2-agonists

boldenone metenolone

clenbuterol methandriol

clostebol methyltestosterone

danazol mibolerone

dehydrochlormethyltest nandrolone

dihydrotestosterone norethandrolone

drostanolone oxandrolone

fluoxymesterone oxymesterone

formebolone oxymetholone

Insulin stanozolol

metandienone testosterone

trenbolone

Winstrol

What about Hot Stuff?
(

BIGA9905

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 08:46:35 AM »
I just purchased some zma explode and was wondering what kind of results anyone had with this if any.

dropshot001

• Getbig I
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 11:27:37 AM »
so i didn't see any mention of site oils, does that mean they are allowed or did i just miss it?

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »
thank god for tribulus.
X